MMA-UFC UFC 205 - New York

Remove this Banner Ad

People watch fighters basically kill each other, but if anyone says anything moderately interesting....people lose their s**t :D

Like the reverse of AFL, people don't want robots in the sanitised bore that footy has become, but people dislike any sort of personality in MMA :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Random Musings

- Quality production from the UFC, the pacing and feel of the card was top notch
- Stacking a card like this makes for a long, emotional, amazing day

On the Fights
- Luque; Damn, hes ranked 60 something in the world, he looks better than that, give him a tougher challenge
- Boetsch; money in the bank paid for the rest of my missed bets
- Khabib; no disrespect to Conor (he runs the game) but he should avoid this fight as long as he can, cause that man will get him down at some stage and when he does its horrible. Johnson looked as good as ive seen Johnson look and still got mauled.
- Edgar; how the hell was he Lightweight champ?!!! He looked tiny up against Heathen. Hes just heart and head movement, looked like a 10 pound heavier Cruz, in and out. Nothing but love for the Jersey boy
- Pennington; Good win and well done but Meisha was HORRIBLE. Good time to retire cause she doesnt have "it" anymore
- Romero; JESUS... Jacare have a seat. This man is gonna bury Bisping.
- JJ; I fear shes turning into mighty mouse, incredibly technically proficient but incapable of finishing and therefore causals will be less interested. This was a great fight but no one at the pub cared. Hats off to KK too, all heart.
- Woodley/Wonderboy; This one destroyed alot of multis i suspect. Probably the right result. I had 1,2 and 4 to Woodley but 2 was a toss up. Wonderboy is a puzzle but Woodley missed the leg kick opportunities IMO. Lets do it again. Amateur hour for Bruce thought. 2 of the same is the majority mate, its not hard and i had 15 beers by that point.
- McGregor; Alvarez looked off, slow, flat footed and deer in headlights. Suspect Conor had him beat a week ago. Hats off to the Notorious one, he runs the game. The whole "first ever" thing feels a bit flat considering we have an interim champ at FW but it is what it is. He writes cheques with his mouth and cashes them with his fists. Watch this space. He either goes after Tyron (and robs Wonderboy of the rematch he deserves) or he fights Diaz (x3) for the FWeight title. I'll pay to watch either.

What a day. MSG/NYC was amazing.

Man, for a bloke that always wanted to see McGregor get his head knocked off, I have to FINALLY admit, the guy is fuking amazing. I now have one foot over the fence, to the McNugett paddock. The guy is insane

one of us one of us

What an event! was an unreal day the lived up to the hype.

McGregor is unbelievable. He made one of the toughest, most experienced 155'ers on the planet look 2nd rate. His takedown defence, both techniqually and how he made Eddie timid by making him pay when he committed was awesome to watch.

I see everyone is saying Khabib is the guy McGregor should avoid, but when he was standing against Johnson, and in every fight his been in, the striking his shown, is some of the worst in the UFC. He poses big problems, but i think McGregors striking is a bigger issue for Khabib than Khabib wrestling for Connor.

Woodley suprised me today. I didnt see how he would be able to stand with wonderboy, but he more than handled himself.

I scored it a draw or a wonderboy win. But no doubt woodley did the most damage and i think he deserved to walk away with his belt. i will not be angry at an immediate rematch.

Yoel Romero.. holy s**t!! he doesnt do alot in there, but when he does, if it lands you're ****ed! thats one athletic 40 year old lol ;)
RIP Bisping.

What do you say really. Not a fan but jeez...that left hand is something else. I gues some may say he has had special treatment but you still have to Ko people

Remove this Banner Ad

Back