MMA-UFC UFC 234 Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
So i got my tickets yesterday (big props to my main man Ryz ) go on this morning out of curiosity, expecting to see the whole thing sold out, tickets available everywhere, yesterday all floor allocations were exhausted, and two of the tiers were single or limited, this morning only the most expensive tickets are gone and nowhere else is even limited.

I know they cap the pre sale (which ive never agreed with) but the tickets released yesterday must have been about 5% of the capacity.
I found Perth the opposite presale almost took most of the arena, all the affordable tix anyways

Joker91

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Here’s what is on tap for UFC 234 at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, keeping in mind we should see 4-5 fights announced soon:

Robert Whittaker vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Israel Adesanya vs. Anderson Silva
Wuliji Buren vs. Jonathan Martinez
Jim Crute vs. Ryan Spann
Kai-Kara France vs. Raulian Paiva
Montana De La Rosa vs. Nadia Kassem
Shane Young vs. Austin Arnett
Teruto Ishihara vs. Kyung Ho Kang

I hope we get a couple more ranked fights!

AFL Club
St Kilda
Moderator #54
I’d love one more marquee match up but the pessimist in me thinks title fight + contender fight will be all we get.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Pretty frustrating seeing the card for ufc 235. Think we got played, once the card sold out so quick.
Think Tuivasa and Pedro's losses in Adelaide threw the spanner in the works a bit

No other viable Aussie or Kiwi contenders to fill the main card.

I know the travel over isn't appealing but you'd think there'd be some US-based fighters putting their hand up to get onto a PPV card

AFL Club
St Kilda
Moderator #61
Whittaker v Gastelum
Adesanya v Silva
Crute v Spann

They need at least two more main card fights for mine... but the main and co-main are set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
St Kilda
Moderator #62
Actually looks like they’ve announced Crute as the featured prelim so they have 3 main card fights to announce. I’d assume we’ve got a women’s fight.

Joker91

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Actually looks like they’ve announced Crute as the featured prelim so they have 3 main card fights to announce. I’d assume we’ve got a women’s fight.
Interesting.
Cutting it fine. Surely they'd have to announce no less than a month out?

Joker91

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cody garbrandt just got added to 235 as well, damn that card is stacked

Dan

Premium Good Bloke
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth
Think Tuivasa and Pedro's losses in Adelaide threw the spanner in the works a bit

No other viable Aussie or Kiwi contenders to fill the main card.

I know the travel over isn't appealing but you'd think there'd be some US-based fighters putting their hand up to get onto a PPV card
Provided he wants to fight......I'd still put Tuivasa on Melbourne card.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
There are clearly plenty of good fighters willing to fight (as seen by the 235 card) they’re just not interested in the travel.

Barry Roundhouse

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
The costs to get over here for the camps and then the taxes make it a less the ideal for fighters. then fighting in the early arvo

Joker91

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’m hoping we get some announcements this week. Hopefully a good surprise in there

AFL Club
Collingwood
Certainly a bit concerning with only 4 weeks to go.

Hopefully they've got some more fights booked already, they're just looking for clear space to announce them.

I'd be happy with one more ranked men's fight + fight featuring a popular or notorious journeyman (e.g. Hector Lombard, Diego Sanchez, Artem Lobov, BJ Penn etc.)

Joker91

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pretty much every ppv in the last 12 months has had 12-13 fights. 5 on the main card.

So at a minimum they need to add four fights. Apparently only two fights already announced are on the main card which means three more main card fights to be added.

Surely they have something decent cooked up...

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LAL-MMA-Victory-CFC-Eagles
Classic aussie card shit show. Will be filled with aussie cans and called a day.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
Classic aussie card shit show. Will be filled with aussie cans and called a day.
Yeah, understandable for a fight night, but for a PPV this is shizen so close to the PPV, zero chance of getting anyone decent. UFC have our money and are laughing all the way to the bank.

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Port Maggies
Yeah, understandable for a fight night, but for a PPV this is shizen so close to the PPV, zero chance of getting anyone decent. UFC have our money and are laughing all the way to the bank.
Sounds about right.
Tiny card atm with only 2 fights that really interest me. Those 2 fights are awesome, but the rest of the card is laughable right now.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
But it’s not like once they have sold the tickets they can forget about it.

PPV is still very important I would have thought more than gate.

Top Bottom