MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

She also said that Lockhart has her taking birth control meds because they can aid in shedding water weight. She also said she has never taken birth control in her life before this camp.

Im no expert, but to me thats ******* laughable, not because of the science behind it but if thats the length she needs to goto to make 140, she shouldnt be fighting 145 either.

Yeah Cyborg has rough cuts to get down to 145. There'd be less opportunities for her at 155, so she doesn't really have that option if she wants to make some money. It's sort of comparable to superheavyweights in men's MMA. Almost no fighter who can't get down to 265 pounds is making money in MMA.

Making her get down to 140 seems completely unnecessary. A lot of people were like "get off the roids and 135 would be easy". I don't know why you'd think that. Why wouldn't she have done it if it was easy? A fight with Rousey would have made her a heap of money.

I don't hate Cyborg or anything but I do love a roughie. I'd be ecstatic and jumping for joy if Lansberg actually pulled it off.

She's not entirely incompetent in stand up so you'll never know. She's fought the Shevchenko sisters in amateur muay thai before.

Not counting on anything other than for Lansberg to last for more than 30 seconds though.

CtCFUWQWIAA24YW.jpg

:eek:

Does not look in good sorts.

Didnt look great doing it.

When has she ever looked good cutting weight. If Ronda didn't exist ams she was male, many would be calling for her to fight at 155. Conor has a massive cut to 145 and everyone is happy for him to fight at 170 but cyborg needs to make 135?

We need to celebrate Cyborgs accomplishments, she's a beast.

Cyborg makes weight...somehow.

Should be an ok card tomorrow...I'm half looking forward to it

I don't think it's surprising that Cyborg made weight. The only reason we were discussing if she'd make weight was because she was very honest about how it was going. You generally don't get that. A lot of fighters would cut a similar % of their body weight in the last 4-7 days, but we don't hear about it.

It's just that it was completely unnecessary that she cut to 140 pounds for this fight. Fighters that cut as much weight as Cyborg did usually have the option of fighting up a weight class if they want to. Also, no 140 or 145 pound women's divisions in the UFC makes the decision to make her cut to 140 even more unneccesary.

You could say that Cyborg could have told the UFC she'll fight at 145 for Invicta. Yeah, she could have. But everyone wants to fight in the UFC and they'd be unwilling to turn it down.

There's a photo of Cyborg with Frankie Edgar from a while ago. Then there's a recent one with Dominick Cruz. I really don't get it if you've seen the photos and you expect her to cut to 135. Some people still do.

Prazeres weighed in at 158 pounds. About 6 hours later I think, he was apparently back up to 187 pounds. I wonder if he was cutting more than he usually does to get down to 155 pounds. If it was, it probably wasn't much more. Some fighters, like Prazeres, cut a lot of weight. This isn't good news for their long term health, especially if they're not cutting weight as safely as possible.

Prazeres could fight at 170, but in the UFC he'd be so short there and he'd often have a huge reach disadvantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to ask if Dolce and Lockhart have some feud going on or something.

Just did a quick google search. Lockhart said Dolce does 'bro science' a while back. Dolce was working with Cyborg or at least he was going to at some stage. Dolce works with Rousey.

All these things help to explain why Dolce's been so willing to criticise Lockhart's involvement in Cyborg's weight cut imo. Dolce's comments are weird. He's calling Cyborg's weight cut appalling. He's the guy who had Sonnen cut 20 pounds in a day. Throwing rocks in glass houses it seems like.

Cyborg's weight cut was clearly unhealthy and shouldn't happen. The thing is that this sort of weight cutting happens on almost every UFC card.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back