Under 23s trial game between Port & Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it is a trial game so I guess we can play who we like and who we want to get extra match practice into. Probably should just be called a trial game

Hearing there will be an under 23s trial game played between Port Adelaide and the Crows on Saturday the 23rd, not sure where.
Footy Park, dodging around the piles of rubble, Their last chance to avenge Showdown 1

Last i checked it was an UNDER 23s trial game.

Fairly simple concept isn't it ?
Not when we don’t have enough u23 players. Even out top ups would be older. Both clubs will play their u23 players and get permission from each other to play a couple over 23 as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it is a trial game so I guess we can play who we like and who we want to get extra match practice into. Probably should just be called a trial game

If he needs a kick and a catch. Why don't you just play him in the two JLT (trial) games?

Sounds you lot are to scared he'll get beat up against the big boys.

Port Squad according to Footywire:46
Crows Squad according to Footywire:44

To get 22 players <23yo they will need to accumulate 50% of their squad less than this age.
They can only find 15 players satifying this situation (ie <23yo as at 23Feb 2019).
They will need to go higher in age to 24.5-25yo to get the numbers to make a game, or bring in less players from elsewhere.
If they have to bring in 7 ring-ins we will massacre them.

And this gives no consideration to the positional applicability of players.

We have 24 players <23yo at 23 Feb 2019

And by the way, anyone who says we have an ageing squad is not telling the truth. We may select an ageing 22 during the home and away season, but it does not reflect our squad.
Ken get on your bike and select some younger players, for the benefit of PAFC future beyond your tenure.

Attachments

• PAFC vs Crows Composite.jpg
    PAFC vs Crows Composite.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 102
WE have 24 (edit not 25 ) blokes who hadn't obtained their 23rd birthday by 1st January 2019. 6 of them didn't play on Friday night - Houston, Atley, Farrell, Hayes, Woodcock and Grundy

Last edited:
My bad, I can't add up. There are 24 players under 23, as at 1st January 2019. 23 listed above, plus Dougal Howard who was born 25 March 1996 and turns 23 after the season starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back