A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have lost the plot, stop perpetuating myths for your own jollies.

Chillax. Myself and others rate them firm favourites. Fact.
Schneider said they are clearly the team to beat on SEN. Fact.
I'm excited to watch the all stars rock out round 1. Fact.
This is unprecedented and many are going to love watching these imports strut their stuff. Jamar taps it down and the ball is kicked long to Schulz. Goal!! Awesome. Many won't see stuff like this at an Ammos game ever. Don't be a kill joy. Friggen enjoy it. We will.

Chillax. Myself and others rate them firm favourites. Fact.
Schneider said they are clearly the team to beat on SEN. Fact.
I'm excited to watch the all stars rock out round 1. Fact.
This is unprecedented and many are going to love watching these imports strut their stuff. Jamar taps it down and the ball is kicked long to Schulz. Goal!! Awesome. Many won't see stuff like this at an Ammos game ever. Don't be a kill joy. Friggen enjoy it. We will.
You're no Cometti, Pierre.

Jamar to Gysberts; quick hands to Brown on the overlap; to Strauss out wide; long to Schulze; but Gilham cuts across to mark making the point he's still the main man; unselfish handball over the top for another cheapie to Lucas. Sorry! The last bit is an unpleasant flashback.:eek:

Just by the bye, the big Russians clearance is still pending. Has been since Nov last year. Surely there isn't a......... Nah, it'll be okay.

VAFA Premier predictions:

Final 4:
St Kevin's
Old Trinity
Old Xavs
De La Salle

RELEGATION:
Collegians
St Bernard's

GRAND FINAL:
St Kevin's v Old Trinity

PREMIERS:
St Kevin's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're no Cometti, Pierre.

Jamar to Gysberts; quick hands to Brown on the overlap; to Strauss out wide; long to Schulze; but Gilham cuts across to mark making the point he's still the main man; unselfish handball over the top for another cheapie to Lucas. Sorry! The last bit is an unpleasant flashback.:eek:

Just by the bye, the big Russians clearance is still pending. Has been since Nov last year. Surely there isn't a......... Nah, it'll be okay.

For a man who prides himself on being in the know , the above attempt at commentary clearly indicates you haven't been updated on the latest news re their personal!

Final 4:
St Kevin's
Old Trinity
Old Xavs
De La Salle

RELEGATION:
Collegians
St Bernard's

GRAND FINAL:
St Kevin's v Old Trinity

PREMIERS:
St Kevin's

Poor old bernies. Bit hard to be relegated from a comp you have already been relegated from the previous year!

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Poor old bernies. Bit hard to be relegated from a comp you have already been relegated from the previous year!

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

And Collegians have as much chance of being a relegated as St Bernards! The purples have recruited better than any club in the off-season. The right type and age to make a real impact in the VAFA. They will be there deep into September.

Agreed.
Jas your relegation tips are strange.
Maplebet (so punters choice) getting smashed for a SKOB vs Wesley GF.
Trinity, Blues and Xavs thereabouts.
Absolutely zero love for STBM.

Tipping comp this year gents?

Whos up for the challenge of running it?

Buzz not me.

And Collegians have as much chance of being a relegated as St Bernards! The purples have recruited better than any club in the off-season. The right type and age to make a real impact in the VAFA. They will be there deep into September.
A couple of slip-ups but Jase was close to the mark with most of it, Rooster.
Agreed.
Jas your relegation tips are strange.
Maplebet (so punters choice) getting smashed for a SKOB vs Wesley GF.
Trinity, Blues and Xavs thereabouts.
Absolutely zero love for STBM.

Tipping comp this year gents?

Whos up for the challenge of running it?

Buzz not me.

His team isn't in this division so it's a big ask for him to do it here but Rissoles did a fantastic job on the Prem 'C' board last year.

I vote for old mate AM
Definitely the king of VAFA Big Footy with his extensive knowledge across all of the sections/divisions/grades.

No one on this board can come close to his knowledge of all things amateur football, possibly except for his mate on Inner FM every Saturday morning.

I vote for old mate AM
Definitely the king of VAFA Big Footy with his extensive knowledge across all of the sections/divisions/grades.

No one on this board can come close to his knowledge of all things amateur football, possibly except for his mate on Inner FM every Saturday morning.

It hurts you not knowing doesn't it.
Guessing, but just not knowing.
I acknowledge your persistence. But can't admire it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With regard to the green gold and blue hooped ones being "unprecedented" this year, isn't it exactly what Haileybury did about 12 years ago?
The difference is they had about 6 homegrown players, SKOB will have 16 of 22 homegrown, probably more than most VAFA clubs. They also had a poor reserves team and no under 19's, whereas SKOBs reserves played finals and both of the under 19 teams just won the flag, so not a good comparison.

As I've said dozens of times, posters should be talking about OX who have won 13 of the last 21 A Grade flags, amongst others, not a team that lost 10 games last year!

As an interesting aside, those St Bernard's posters have gone very, very quiet, come on Scatters, tell your boys to lift!

The difference is they had about 6 homegrown players, SKOB will have 16 of 22 homegrown, probably more than most VAFA clubs. They also had a poor reserves team and no under 19's, whereas SKOBs reserves played finals and both of the under 19 teams just won the flag, so not a good comparison.

As I've said dozens of times, posters should be talking about OX who have won 13 of the last 21 A Grade flags, amongst others, not a team that lost 10 games last year!

As an interesting aside, those St Bernard's posters have gone very, very quiet, come on Scatters, tell your boys to lift!

Agree that Haileybury had plenty of ring ins but they were still 75% old boys the year they won the flag. Still has me buggered that such a massive school who put so much into their school football program are in C grade. Same with Caulfield Grammar – 2 schools not shy in picking off elite talent from other schools but seems they struggle to transition them into the footy club. Bet Caulfield wish they had the 2016 Old Xavs B&F and his two brothers running around in their colours.

As always, De La will be predominately ex-students but for the first time in recent memory will have 3 or 4 regular senior players (when available) who did not go to the school. About time they attracted some from outside the school network.

Not that it matters but will SKOBs really have 16 old boys in the team? With the existing and new AFL talent alone that is 6 or so already, plus Williams and maybe a couple of others.

On another note - I'm with you on Xavs. Clear flag favourites with Collegians next in line.

When you're still spending $75k on a coach who takes a premiership team to relegation, it's not easy to pay the monthly internet bill.

They're too busy rattling tins on Buckley St.

The intriguing thing relating to the THK lads - I dare not mention the club by name:) - is whether they will be able to fit all the 'name' players in while still remaining within the allowable points.

Havent they lost a couple as well? Not 100% unscathed from departures??

Final 4:
St Kevin's
Old Trinity
Old Xavs
De La Salle

RELEGATION:
Collegians
St Bernard's

GRAND FINAL:
St Kevin's v Old Trinity

PREMIERS:
St Kevin's

What have you been taking? Just got back from the "White Night" rave party.....Bernies are B grade. Wake up man!!!!

Agree that Haileybury had plenty of ring ins but they were still 75% old boys the year they won the flag. Still has me buggered that such a massive school who put so much into their school football program are in C grade. Same with Caulfield Grammar – 2 schools not shy in picking off elite talent from other schools but seems they struggle to transition them into the footy club. Bet Caulfield wish they had the 2016 Old Xavs B&F and his two brothers running around in their colours.

As always, De La will be predominately ex-students but for the first time in recent memory will have 3 or 4 regular senior players (when available) who did not go to the school. About time they attracted some from outside the school network.

Not that it matters but will SKOBs really have 16 old boys in the team? With the existing and new AFL talent alone that is 6 or so already, plus Williams and maybe a couple of others.

On another note - I'm with you on Xavs. Clear flag favourites with Collegians next in line.

Believe Colls have another "Big Fish" nearly in the boat...........

Think you are being a little unkind towards Haileybury. Reckon they had a lot more than 6 old boys in that team - but it doesn't matter anyway. A club is a club and that is it. It is interesting that you bring up the "home grown" argument to somehow denigrate OH's flag, then on the other hand do not acknowledge the successful "external" recruiting exploits of SKOB. Both should be applauded - that is, if SKOB get close this year.

And OX have 13 of the past 22 flags.

Jascave and Canada are the same person. Fact.

That's rediculous.
I think the VAFA should look at having the GF for A grade at Optus Oval or even Etihad.
The Ground at Elsternwick is crap. One year the chnagerooms were flooded in the away team rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back