A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a morning. Maplebet staff have been run off their feet!
3 big wigs going under the punting names of Max the Man, The Penske File and Furgos Followers..have loaded up on Wesley for the flag.
We suddenly have a classic 2 horse battle. Like Bonecrusher and Our Waverley Star. Punters are willing to forgive SKOBAFL this one. With the lights being a possible distraction? Although the recent events brought to light by trusted posters Hedgy and Penski are disturbing to say the least..
SKOBAFL $1.80
Wesley $2.70
Blues, Trinity, Xavs, DLS $20.00
Melbourne $100.00
Blacks, STBM, Beauy $250.00
Can't get enough on Wesley.

Can't get enough on Wesley.
I wouldn't be writing St KAFL off just yet. There is a point of view that the Old Xavs v St KAFL match was a physical encounter that took quite a bit out of both outfits leading to them both being a little off-key yesterday.

That doesn't account for the demolitions of both, merely that both were below par.

That said, the Purples are quite some outfit I'm told by some VAFA aficionados who also tell me they have got themselves a ripper coach.

Go the Purples.

Loving the anti SKOB posts, there's a few people in this world with a large SKOB chip on their shoulder.
Anyway, to the game. Penski I don't know what game you watched but I though Collegians were clearly the instigators of the cheap shots and physicality, I was disappointed that the St kevin's boys didn't give more back, but they will learn.

Your rose coloured glasses obviously didn't allow you to see Ben Dowd get kick hit, but you are condemning someone for what was a classic hip and shoulder? Anyway, we will see what plays out this week.

I thought the lights and Collegians were brilliant, they were slick, hard at the contest with exquisite skills, and looked to have their strongest possible team on the park. So they are up and travelling very well at this part of the year, and good on them after a hard couple of years.

OX also a trainwreck yesterday, along with Uni Blacks.

All the rest of the stuff posted on here is bullshit, I don't know how people can press post after they type so that the world can view it, maybe if they had to put their real name to it they wouldn't post?
Your lot played the man not the ball the entire first half. A lot of egos in that skobs side. The contest was fine after half time. Skobs realised the tactic was useless.

I must admit I was worried how we'd go before the game last night with both our two key defenders out in Jenkinson and Will Johnston, but the rest really stood up.

Based on what I witnessed last night, skobs play a very unaccountable brand of footy.

On SM-A9000 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your lot played the man not the ball the entire first half. A lot of egos in that skobs side. The contest was fine after half time. Skobs realised the tactic was useless.

I must admit I was worried how we'd go before the game last night with both our two key defenders out in Jenkinson and Will Johnston, but the rest really stood up.

Based on what I witnessed last night, skobs play a very unaccountable brand of footy.

You guys are lucky you only had two missing, I was worried about the fact that we had 11 of our best 18 out, then Ginies went off early in the game, but you guys were far too good and whoever goes onto the park is your team, look forward to playing you at SKC.

No Tardiff either? That's the top 3 of the back 6 missing.

You guys are lucky you only had two missing, I was worried about the fact that we had 11 of our best 18 out, then Ginies went off early in the game, but you guys were far too good and whoever goes onto the park is your team, look forward to playing you at SKC.

Wow. So only seven of last night’s starting 18 worthy of playing in a full strength SKOB side? Assuming the 5 ex AFL blokes who played last night are walk-ups which 2 of Dowd, Lynch, Critchley, Gleeson, Williams, Kanakis, Jok, Parkes, Sullivan, Coates and Ginies make the cut?

Who are the elite 11 of which you speak?

So I'm guessing the seven guys in your best 18 who played are:

Jok
Strauss
Gleeson
Critchley
Schulz
Brown
Jamar

Would mean you reckon Dowd, Kanakis and S. Salopek aren't in your best 18?

Happy to name who didn't play, not that it means anything as Collegians won the game if you look in today's paper.
Nick Wood, Luke Andrews, Josh Wallis, Stephen Gilham, Jack Holden, Kelvin Williams, Callum Matheson, Conor Ross, Lachie McKenzie, Michael Di Natale, Chris Gleeson.

Anyway, my last post about last night, I'm more interested in Uni Blacks's loss yesterday, and of course by extension OM's powerful win, with OX only having kicked 4 goals in the last 5 quarters it's played also newsworthy.

Happy to name who didn't play, not that it means anything as Collegians won the game if you look in today's paper.
Nick Wood, Luke Andrews, Josh Wallis, Stephen Gilham, Jack Holden, Kelvin Williams, Callum Matheson, Conor Ross, Lachie McKenzie, Michael Di Natale, Chris Gleeson.

Wood and Gilham the best of that mob, IMO. Williams v good as a spare, but had his hands full last week. No.14 seems to get reported against the Catholic teams.

How bad is the website, it gets worse every week , given up trying to look at the ladders. The top job down to 2, lets hope they can do something about this.
I heard their preferred candidate wanted 400k or thereabouts per annum, about 250k more than they are offering, so he's no longer their preferred candidate!

Anyone can have a top 30 and then spruik that a dozen were missing at anytime. Weird post.
The SKOB team that ran out last night was a very strong one. Won't be a lot of changes unless they choose to chase a few more high profile ex AFL players at the expense of some school stalwarts.
In your opinion Briza, SKOB are always missing heaps. But it's never the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone can have a top 30 and then spruik that a dozen were missing at anytime. Weird post.
The SKOB team that ran out last night was a very strong one. Won't be a lot of changes unless they choose to chase a few more high profile ex AFL players at the expense of some school stalwarts.
In your opinion Briza, SKOB are always missing heaps. But it's never the case.
You're a twit, it was in response to a poster saying he was worried they had two players out. The players I named are all in our best team, FACT, not 25th or 30th player.
I'd be more concerned about your supposed team, and the fact that three Caulfield Grammar boys, picked at the expense of some Xavier school stalwarts, were named best!

Last edited:
You're a twit, it was in response to a poster saying he was worried they had two players out. The players I named are all in our best team, FACT, not 25th or 30th player.
I'd be more concerned about your supposed team, and the fact that three Caulfield Grammar boys were named best!

Name the 11 guys who played last night that are not in your best team.
As I know you won't..this topic is now closed until you lose another game with a weakened team.
You are the boy who cried 'weakened team'

Even you could probably do that, if you look at who was in the team in the first few rounds? Not rocket science.

You aren't gonna name them as there aren't 11 guys who played last night that aren't in your best team.
Just say...'I exaggerated as that's what I tend to do post a loss about how weakened we are' and we can all move on.

You aren't gonna name them as there aren't 11 guys who played last night that aren't in your best team.
Just say...'I exaggerated as that's what I tend to do post a loss about how weakened we are' and we can all move on.
No exaggeration, as much as it pains you. I only deal in facts, something you would know nothing about. All you do is bait people, you are a classic troll, you must have a sad life.

No exaggeration, as much as it pains you. I only deal in facts, something you would know nothing about. All you do is bait people, you are a classic troll, you must have a sad life.

I'm just wanting you to back it up old friend. Which 11 players that played last night don't cut the Briza mustard in SKOBAFL's best team?

Gentlemen, gentlemen, I realise emotions and anxieties are still quite high after the events of last night, but let us establish some equi librium. Canada, look at post #1761, draw your own conclusions and stop the baiting please.

No baiting OTP. I just knew it was a hollow claim. As all other 'we have so many injuries and absentees' have been over the years.
I do rate his consistency though.
Play on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back