Media VeinMedia Presents... Opposition Analysis: S30 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as I’ve already done some ratings on the Dragons earlier in the year, I won’t bore you with a new bout of them, as not much has changed.

One thing I will bring to your attention is The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion from our round 3 encounter posted some of the greatest content I’ve ever seen on this board.

To go to the trouble of posting a video as a retort is surely worth a mention, and I think it’s something that everyone needs to see. Thanks for this A Swallow , you’re an absolute pisser :tearsofjoy:

Up next, the Gold City Royals

View attachment 1002383

Hahahaha.

A whole lot of borrowed pilot s**t in that apartment and no girlfriend :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Hahahaha.

A whole lot of borrowed pilot sh*t in that apartment and no girlfriend :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Yeah, it was particularly difficult changing the framed photos to be of me in Iraq, and getting dressed and undressed without anyone noticing. Luckily it all fit perfectly, including the combat boots. 😂

Round 15 Vs Royals
Round 15
Baghdad Bombers Vs Gold City Royals
At Abdu Prison

Round 15, yikes, where has this season gone?

Anyway, ‘twas the round of 15 in the land of Sweet, where two posting juggernauts collided in a fierce battle of foul gossip and slander.

The Royals of Gold City, led by their fierce leader, The Wizard of Filth l, battled manfully against the hordes of MordorBaghdad, in what was a feisty showdown that commenced on the Cup Day, Melbourne. Or was it the day before 🤔

Leading the charge for the Royals was a poster by the name of MrPremiership, who tonned up with a big knock of 125. Now, I know a standard cliche in Sweet is “who are you”, but I legitimately had never heard of him, but that didn’t stop the young whippersnapper from having some fun in the form of canned meat. He eclipsed the next Royals poster by over 50 posts, and that poster was the loveable larrikin, Hank Scorpio AKA Noobz0r

The Royals were also well-represented by nahnah with 70 posts, and crowd favourite Marlowe , who posted 68 times himself.

Resident sweet-tooth of Sweet, CakeEater scored a half-century, as did dad-joke enthusiast GreyCrow

The Filth Wizard fell agonisingly short of the half century, with Blacky , brahj , spookism , Ulahoopski Smartys Power and Kennedy Parker all hitting on or around the 30-post mark.

The Royals had 17 posters engage in the match thread over the course of the week, which is an outstanding effort for this time of the season.

They have a star-studded list of former greats and beez winners, but could do with a bit of a refresh with some young blood to change it up a bit.

All in all their list is in great shape, and although they are not everyone’s cup of tea, I rather enjoy what they bring to a match thread.

Up next, we’ll have some ratings.​

Round 15
At Abdu Prison

Anyway, ‘twas the round of 15 in the land of Sweet, where two posting juggernauts collided in a fierce battle of foul gossip and slander.

The Royals of Gold City, led by their fierce leader, The Wizard of Filth l, battled manfully against the hordes of MordorBaghdad, in what was a feisty showdown that commenced on the Cup Day, Melbourne. Or was it the day before 🤔

Leading the charge for the Royals was a poster by the name of MrPremiership, who tonned up with a big knock of 125. Now, I know a standard cliche in Sweet is “who are you”, but I legitimately had never heard of him, but that didn’t stop the young whippersnapper from having some fun in the form of canned meat. He eclipsed the next Royals poster by over 50 posts, and that poster was the loveable larrikin, Hank Scorpio AKA Noobz0r

The Royals were also well-represented by nahnah with 70 posts, and crowd favourite Marlowe , who posted 68 times himself.

Resident sweet-tooth of Sweet, CakeEater scored a half-century, as did dad-joke enthusiast GreyCrow

The Filth Wizard fell agonisingly short of the half century, with Blacky , brahj , spookism , Ulahoopski Smartys Power and Kennedy Parker all hitting on or around the 30-post mark.

The Royals had 17 posters engage in the match thread over the course of the week, which is an outstanding effort for this time of the season.

They have a star-studded list of former greats and beez winners, but could do with a bit of a refresh with some young blood to change it up a bit.

All in all their list is in great shape, and although they are not everyone’s cup of tea, I rather enjoy what they bring to a match thread.

Miss you AV

Round 15
At Abdu Prison

Thanks ABV, i like what you are doing with the Bombers.

Round 15
At Abdu Prison

List of forward greats? Look, you’re not wrong.

Round 15
Baghdad Bombers VS Gold City Royals
Ratings

The Stalwart

A8D89BB2-90E0-479F-9C71-F6FC27E089E4.png

The Filth Wizard

Longevity. That’s the best word to describe the persona that is Filth.

An all-time top 10 poster of the league, this rating was created with guys like him in mind. Normally mild-mannered and calm, TFW is a general delight to post against, but be wary of the dirty necromancer, as he can raze with the best of them.

The Up and Comer

78C729BC-F060-47E9-B30C-5A43A3CCEBB1.png

MrPremiership

I know it’s a tired old cliche in the land of Sweet, but I genuinely didn’t know who he was until last week. He was the Royals heaviest poster for the match thread and seemed to take it in the right spirit, which was encouraging as the Royals generally don’t have many rookies in their ranks
Hopefully the young fella will have a long and illustrious career in Gold City.

The Fallen Hero

C12CD544-8CCC-4135-BB7E-406A6B279984.png

Noobz0r

Not a sleight on the man at all, but Noobz at his best is a great poster and a magnificent media writer, so this is more of a gentle nudge as opposed to having a crack at the guy.
If you can manage to find his Simpsons stories they are well worth a read, very funny stuff.
Here’s hoping he can find that spark again.

The Court Jester

3D70125B-65B4-4A0C-8547-4399E67FD4C2.png

GreyCrow

This rating was sewn up before the match thread had even started, as GC is the resident funny man of Gold City.
Our relationship got off to quite a shaky start originally, but I know now in my heart of hearts that he has come to enjoy me very much. Take the time to engage him and you’ll soon see for yourself.

The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion.

22D35A8E-AD8D-4CE6-BEB1-C6F4FE88D11C.jpeg

Marlowe

This rating could’ve gone to 3 or 4 others, such is the quality of the Royals list of former SFA greats, but Marlowe is a just a cut above the rest.
Won a #beez back in the day, and is well on his way to another high finish this season with his eclectic posting style and unique sense of humour.

So there we have it peeps, one more match thread to analyse and we are done for the season.
S31 will see a nice little twist on this thread, so there’s something to look forward to.

Up next, the West Coast Wonders

8A001602-5D41-48F7-B67C-5458BF5CDED0.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back