Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Number of teams in state divided by number of teams in comp.

Eg WA had a 1 in 14 chance until Adelaide joined. Then a 1 in 15 chance until Freo joined, when it became 2 in 16, etc.. It's currently 2 in 18.
Can you run that against % hosting a GF?

Not sure if you're aware but West coast aren't a WAFL team...
How very convenient for you.

Maybe if the Vics didn't bale out the WAFL clubs, then WC wouldn't exist now.

But all we here is, we saved your arse.
Look at it another way, you stupid pricks kept the VFL alive, maybe it would have folded without your help.

BWHAhahahaha, Then you all jumped ship, left you loyalty at the door and joined the VFL.

How very convenient for you.

Maybe if the Vics didn't bale out the WAFL clubs, then WC wouldn't exist now.

But all we here is, we saved your arse.
Look at it another way, you stupid pricks kept the VFL alive, maybe it would have folded without your help.

BWHAhahahaha, Then you all jumped ship, left you loyalty at the door and joined the VFL.
Yes, you're welcome for your club still existing :thumbsu:

Lol, this piss poor argument :rolleyes:

Go post this tripe on Twitter.

Also, nobody's saying less travel, we're fully understanding of the distance from Perth to the East coast.

What we're saying is, maybe don't schedule a team(Essendon) coming off a 10-day break play a WA team coming off a 6-day break, which is really 5 due to the distance traveled.

Then, maybe don't back that up with having last year's spooner go on a trip to Melbourne vs the reigning premier, who is coming off a longer break without travel, then back it up again by having them play another finalist off a 6 day break, wen that club just had a 9 day break.

Clear enough for you now? Maybe don't have that same club continuously make trips to play Brisbane every year for 6 years in a row(covid notwithstanding), play in Tasmania, etc.

There's plenty of things the AFL could do to lessen the travel burden on the WA teams every year.
Poor argument you say?
Well we are in a VICbias thread, tell us all why WA travel has anything to do with VICbias.

Poor argument you say?
Well we are in a VICbias thread, tell us all why WA travel has anything to do with VICbias.
I just explained it in the post you quoted :rolleyes:

Then you have people at Vic clubs saying there's no disadvantage because the WA clubs get '12' business class seats(it's actually 8).

I'd like to refuse to believe people could actually be this dumb but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.

I just explained it in the post you quoted :rolleyes:

Then you have people at Vic clubs saying there's no disadvantage because the WA clubs get '12' business class seats(it's actually 8).

I'd like to refuse to believe people could actually be this dumb but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.
That's not Vic bias, that's you wanting preferential treatment because you live on the other side of the country.

It has nothing to do with Vic bias.

That's not Vic bias, that's you wanting preferential treatment because you live on the other side of the country.

It has nothing to do with Vic bias.
No, preferential treatment is never having to travel to regional stadiums(GMHBA/Hobart/Launceston) and getting 7 games at your home ground(+ having the GF permanently played there if you make it) to finish the season and still thinking you're hard done by, despite your own coach admitting your team has an unfair advantage.

Craig McRae and Damien Hardwick call out 'unfair' farce

“There’s no way that you could look at the draw and say it’s fair anywhere,” McRae said on Fox Sports' AFL 360 on Monday night. “Everyone understands it, it’s just (about) which bit (advantages you). That’s reality, isn’t it? We play more games at the MCG than anyone else. Is that fair? Clearly not. And then how much West Coast and Fremantle have to travel and the others. There’s no way it’s fair.”

No, preferential treatment is never having to travel to regional stadiums(GMHBA/Hobart/Launceston) and getting 7 games at your home ground(+ having the GF permanently played there if you make it) to finish the season and still thinking you're hard done by, despite your own coach admitting your team has an unfair advantage.
Oh now it's but whataboutyouism.

You live on the other side of the country, you have to travel further than others, you don't travel more than other non-Vics.
It has nothing to do with Vic bias, it's were you live.
You joined a comp dominated by Victorian clubs, just because they are still here is not Vic bias, it's you having a good cry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craig McRae and Damien Hardwick call out 'unfair' farce

“There’s no way that you could look at the draw and say it’s fair anywhere,” McRae said on Fox Sports' AFL 360 on Monday night. “Everyone understands it, it’s just (about) which bit (advantages you). That’s reality, isn’t it? We play more games at the MCG than anyone else. Is that fair? Clearly not. And then how much West Coast and Fremantle have to travel and the others. There’s no way it’s fair.”
You seem to get it, it's not fair, it's the way it is.

It's certainly not Vic bias though.

Oh now it's but whataboutyouism.

You live on the other side of the country, you have to travel further than others, you don't travel more than other non-Vics.
It has nothing to do with Vic bias, it's were you live.
You joined a comp dominated by Victorian clubs, just because they are still here is not Vic bias, it's you having a good cry.
Err, it's called a FIXture for a reason.

Because it's fixed to have big marquee games, that seem to always benefit the same clubs(Anzac day, Dreamtime game for example).

Your last part is the dumbest thing I've read in this thread today.

Pretty sure WA clubs do in fact travel more than other non-Vics

1715927107328.png

Err, it's called a FIXture for a reason.

Because it's fixed to have big marquee games, that seem to always benefit the same clubs(Anzac day, Dreamtime game for example).

Your last part is the dumbest thing I've read in this thread today.

Pretty sure WA clubs do in fact travel more than other non-Vics

View attachment 1991426
You have the Freo game every year that's FIXturing as well you know.
So let's take away all the blockbuster,stop the derbies and guess what? you travel more again.
You DO NOT travel more than other non-Vic clubs, you travel further, so who is the dumb one, read what I typed.
Even Hawthorn only travel 1 less time than you do.

Yeah, the fixtures leaning heavily in victorian clubs favour in more ways than one isn't bias....in your world anyway 😂
Ok, you see this is what sooks say, I thought you got it, but you don't, you're just another sook.

There is 10 teams in Vic, they have to play each other, the only way to stop this happening is cull Vic clubs, or make them play the interstate sides more,.
That's not Vic bias, that's you sooking about it.

You have the Freo game every year that's FIXturing as well you know.
So let's take away all the blockbuster,stop the derbies and guess what? you travel more again.
You DO NOT travel more than other non-Vic clubs, you travel further, so who is the dumb one, read what I typed.
Even Hawthorn only travel 1 less time than you do.
I understand that travel distance impacting recovery time is a difficult concept for you to grasp but it's really very simple.

Longer travel times = less time to recover, which then impacts training.

Is it really that hard for you to understand?

I understand that travel distance impacting recovery time is a difficult concept for you to grasp but it's really very simple.

Longer travel times = less time to recover, which then impacts training.

Is it really that hard for you to understand?
How is that Vic bias?
It's like talking to a brick.
you have to travel further, because you live on the other side of the country, the majority live on the east side and guess what, you have to travel to play them all, wow who would have thought.

How is that Vic bias?
It's like talking to a brick.
you have to travel further, because you live on the other side of the country, the majority live on the east side and guess what, you have to travel to play them all, wow who would have thought.

Comprehension really isn't your strong point, is it?

Also, nobody's saying less travel, we're fully understanding of the distance from Perth to the East coast.

Quoting this part because apparently I have to spell it out for you again.

What we're saying is, maybe don't schedule a team(Essendon) coming off a 10-day break play a WA team coming off a 6-day break, which is really 5 due to the distance traveled.

Then, maybe don't back that up with having last year's spooner go on a trip to Melbourne vs the reigning premier, who is coming off a longer break without travel, then back it up again by having them play another finalist off a 6 day break, wen that club just had a 9 day break.

It's really not that difficult to understand :$

Comprehension really isn't your strong point, is it?

Quoting this part because apparently I have to spell it out for you again.

It's really not that difficult to understand :$
You seem to not understand, I will capitalise it so maybe you read it.

HOW IS THAT VIC BIAS?

All clubs get dealt the same except you travel longer, what you are asking for is preferential treatment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back