Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

But now the AFL is effectively giving GCS 2 home grounds. Tell me Geelong were not disadvantaged last night. Incredible. Commentators- "its a Fortress!" [by design] And guaranteed Collingwood will never play there. The AFL is the most Rigged pro sport in the world by "fix"ture. They do it how they feel year by year. "vic Bias" how many top tens have GC and GWS had???

what's the argument then?
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Just spent the last few pages discussing this.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Just spent the last few pages discussing this.

all I see is western states whinging about travelling and getting responses to their whinging.

don't whinge and you won't get a response as there's nothing to respond too?

nothing will change the fact Perth teams need to travel more to the side of the country where 85% of the competition is located.

if it makes you happy I'm OK for the AFL to just slot west coast and freo in every Sunday so u can have a 7-day break every week. But then you'd whinge about not getting to play Thursdays or Fridays I'd bet.

I've explained that Vic sides get to play in the biggest marquee games, get to play interstate sides off longer breaks when said side has traveled and the entire competition is engineered to benefit the biggest of the Vic clubs because of the obsession over massive profits(not a 'not for profit' organization, no less).

They also seem to get gifted easy draws post-bye when they are in finals contention, because the AFL would rather have the majority of finals in Melbourne, hence the bigger Melbourne clubs annually getting softer draws so the AFL gets a chance at engineering big 4 clubs against each other in finals.

AFL CEO(Dillon) has already come out and said(during Derby week) that the premiership is harder to win for WA sides than Vic sides and that the travel burden is 'unfair', as did your own coach.

This is the first admission by an AFL CEO that this is indeed the case, yet people from Vic clubs this week apparently think 12 business class seats offsets the travel burden :rolleyes: (it's actually 8, btw).

With Dillon visiting Perth only a few months into his tenure(Gil didn't visit for years, actively refused to do so) and finally acknowledging the inherent imbalance WA teams get in unfair fixtures, we might see some equity come into the draw for once.

If you don't think having fixtures where you barely leave your home ground for the second half of the season, get extended breaks against traveling sides, get marquee games that nobody else has access to and have a club president negotiate a deal in secret to have the grand final locked in at their home ground for another 30 years, then you're having a lend.
Now that's a rant, pity most of it has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
Now if you want to change the subject back to where the GF is played and our marquee games, then I will agree, what I don't agree with is your sooking for 5 pages about how travel is Vic bias.
But you keep doubling down and you're adamant it is Vic bias.

That's why I think you are just a sook.

Now that's a rant, pity most of it has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
Now if you want to change the subject back to where the GF is played and our marquee games, then I will agree, what I don't agree with is your sooking for 5 pages about how travel is Vic bias.
But you keep doubling down and you're adamant it is Vic bias.

That's why I think you are just a sook.

I've never said traveling is VicBias, you just can't read.

all I see is western states whinging about travelling and getting responses to their whinging.

don't whinge and you won't get a response as there's nothing to respond too?

nothing will change the fact Perth teams need to travel more to the side of the country where 85% of the competition is located.

if it makes you happy I'm OK for the AFL to just slot west coast and freo in every Sunday so u can have a 7-day break every week. But then you'd whinge about not getting to play Thursdays or Fridays I'd bet.
Are you dumb?

The complaint is about constantly playing teams that barely travel off short breaks when those clubs we play(Vic clubs) get much longer breaks, which = more recovery time.

Go away does mean just stop, you are just sooking for the sake of it.

Fair dinkum, some people are just gluttons for punishment, follow a league they hate, think their team is hard done by.
Just go follow another sport and maybe it will be better for your health.
You're welcome to stop posting, instead of replying. Why don't YOU go away, considering this topic offends you so much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when Geelong, Carlton and Essendon play their home games vs Collingwood at the MCG they lose their HGA and Collingwood get a leg up?

Got it :thumbsu:
Geelong yes, they obviously are a stronger team at Cat Park.

Carlton and Essendon, they call themselves co-tenants, and play 8 or 9 games at the G. So just a neutral game.

And yeah, between Vic teams it tends to even out...ie Pies get an away game at the G v StK, but then play a home game at Marvel against North.

It is the SA and WA teams that are advantaged, they get all their home games at home but then play "away" games at neutral grounds.

At least WA teams cop a big travel load, the SA teams dont even have that!

heck off. no s**t it happens to all flights. I'm sorry I didnt type it out for all scenarious. I figured you'd be smart enough to figure it out for yourself.

A 1 hour flight with airport time becomes 3 hours
A 2 hour flight with airport time becomes 4 hours
A 3 hour flight with airport time becomes 5 hours
A 4 hour flight with airport time becomes 6 hours

Happy now?
2hrs to check in and board?

Home ground advantage is lost when you dont play at your home ground.

That should be bloody obvious.

Sydney enjoy a home ground advantage at the SCG, they dont enjoy a home ground advantage at Giant stadium, even though it is still in Sydney.

The usual WA moronic take that ignores the ground part of home ground advantage.
You are spot on. Collingwood playing Richmond at the MCG offers them no home ground advantage. Yes, they get a home ground, and every other pairing you get a home crowd, but there is no home ground advantage.

Unless they want to start telling us that having sponsors signage up while we're playing constitutes an advantage?

Of course, these are the same ignorant posters who try to convince us that Collingwood playing Richmond is strangely a home ground advantage for Collingwood, whilst also somehow being a home ground advantage for Richmond. Bizarre logic.

Same goes for Carlton, Hawthorn, Essendon, Melbourne and most probably Geelong, Bulldogs, St Kilda and North too. After all, the tenant clubs get to train on their "home ground" the MCG for exactly the same amount of sessions as those clubs who don't call it home i.e. none.

I rather another option....

Wait until tassie gets their team then canberra So that is 20 sides. Once Canberra plays their 1st season, Let the VFL kick out all 10 non vic sides and keep your poxy VFL. lol
And given the biggest market is vic, and vic has a population that outnumbers all the other footy states and territories combined (by over a million), then that poxy league gets all the best players, coaches, staff etc. TV rights, crowds etc. like it used to before it was expanded.

You all complained then, are complaining now, and if you get your wish above, you'll all be complaining that it's like it used to be before expansion.

'They're pinching our best players, because our players wanna play in the highest profile league, wah!'

Then you can keep your poxy whatever is breakaway league, enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back