Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you going to trot out the it shortens careers myth next?

NBA data suggests that players are much more likely to be injured when playing road games, which is amplified during back-to-backs or multiple games during the same road trip.

Classic thread then 10 seconds to go against the woods and running too far after his bounce hahaha this thread has a reason

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol talk about Vicbias, the AFL on Monday the umpire made the wrong decision, lucky only the Vic teams benefit from those wrong decisions.

Totes agree
9 steps after rankine bounced !!! Too far my ar....
So Rankine did run too far according to the umps, he did run a long way, so probably did. Usually, the run too far rule doesn't get paid.

Just so ya's know, I was in the meeting last night, Dill instructed the umpires to pay that too far to ensure vic bias.

So yeah, it's def a deliberate conspiracy. I'll give you's all a run down on next weeks meeting, don't tell anyone though coz it's a secret.

But hang on, you've conceded WA folk aren't loyal.

So the current Freo and WC fans would jump ship for West Perth for an AFL licence?

I said they did not stick with their WAFL club. I am an Eagles fan, was a member for 27 years until 2019. But if West Perth were in the AFL I would be a West Perth member overnight.

To answer your question probably not now as it’s been to long since they dropped the Falcons.

You are just trying to stir here. Isn’t it obvious they abandon their WAFL clubs to support a club in the AFL. Remember our WAFL clubs were not invited to the party.

Not sure it’s any different how the Vics don’t support Victoria in the Sheffield shield anymore, they got dropped as were no longer seen as the highest tier to watch.

Victorians are not special humans mate, stop trying to portray they are.

QUOTE="bzparkes, post: 83631676, member: 25153"] [/QUOTE]
Yeah, unlike AFL teams, NBA players and teams are actually susceptible to travel fatigue and sleep deprivation.

In the 2018–2019 season, the average NBA team played every 2.07 days, had 13.3 back-to-back sets, and flew the equivalent of 250 miles a day for 25 straight weeks.

Just a little bit different from AFL who play every 7 days, never play back to back and have only 10 trips across six months compared to 40+ for the NBA player.

QUOTE="bzparkes, post: 83631676, member: 25153"]
In the 2018–2019 season, the average NBA team played every 2.07 days, had 13.3 back-to-back sets, and flew the equivalent of 250 miles a day for 25 straight weeks.

Just a little bit different from AFL who play every 7 days, never play back to back and have only 10 trips across six months compared to 40+ for the NBA player.
[/QUOTE]

Cool.

NBA isn't a contact sport, nor do they run an average of 12-14kms per game(NBA players average 2-4kms per game)

You people are so fixated on the travel itself, that you're totally blind to the recovery factor, which is clearly the main issue. A 6 day break for a non-traveling Vic team is just that. A 6 day break for a WA team(night games especially) is not remotely the same.

Interesting how both Adam Simpson(the bloke that played for 15 years at North, remember him?) and Sharrod Wellingham(a premiership player for Collingwood) have both spoken about how the impact of travel affects you for a WA team.

I'd trust what they say over some Collingwood supporter who has NFI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said they did not stick with their WAFL club.
Same same.
To answer your question probably not now as it’s been to long since they dropped the Falcons.
So the discussion about a 3rd wa club can be put to bed then.
Isn’t it obvious they abandon their WAFL clubs to support a club in the afl
Of course it's obvious, this and the gazillion other whingey threads.
You are just trying to stir here.
Umm no, that's your interpretation
Remember our WAFL clubs were not invited to the party.
Yet you're all here complaining about inequities for 30 odd yo clubs, not your wafl clubs
Victorians are not special humans mate, stop trying to portray they are.
Again, your interpretation

No they weren't. I was there. The AFL Members was maybe 50% but from a distance it may have looked closer to 100%. Royal blue and gold is not something a neutral would wear. We have gone through this before.

I was there also, neutrals don’t wear Collingwood jumpers. How on earth did that many real Collingwood fans get in that ground???

West Coast Eagles. The first & the last team to take the cup from the Victorians. 2018 was glorious to be at. Dom Sheed's immortal drop punt goal stopped Outworld from taking over Earthrealm. The last time proper football won before Richmond's basketball-school yard style took over the AFL & the soccer-mumness dictated the AFL to obliterate our umpiring.

I counted about 15 steps and easily over 20 metres in field position. He ran too far.
If it’s 15 steps he should be fine? I thought thats what the rule used to be, 15 steps. Not sure where this 15m came from. Most individuals running at full pace will have a stride longer then one metre. Foxfooty should have done a step count, not metres. I couldn’t count his steps, he was too fast for me.

I counted about 15 steps and easily over 20 metres in field position. He ran too far.
It was 2 and a half cuts of grass. Which is about 23 metres. Often let go.

I thought it was unlucky, but it's not like he kicked a goal. He bombed it to a pack where Tex grabbed Moore's arm to keep him out of the contest.

If it’s 15 steps he should be fine? I thought thats what the rule used to be, 15 steps. Not sure where this 15m came from. Most individuals running at full pace will have a stride longer then one metre. Foxfooty should have done a step count, not metres. I couldn’t count his steps, he was too fast for me.

The rule is as below.

(c) whilst in possession of the football, does not bounce or touch the football on
the ground at least once every 15 metres, irrespective of whether such Player is
running in a straight line or otherwise. For the purposes of this Law, a Player shall
be deemed to be in possession of the football during the period when the Player
kicks or handballs the football to themself and regains possession without the
football touching the ground;

As with most umpiring complaints, most fans dont know the rules which isn't helped by the commentators themselves also not knowing the rules.

He clearly ran much further than 15m

Remove this Banner Ad

Back