Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean West Coast's "champagne" bruise free football, didn't like getting their hands dirty.

Meanwhile, Richmond's "basketball-school yard" style of play....effective it was - 3 Premierships in 4 years whilst West Coast's style of play only got them one Premiership. That's actually quite hilarious.

Another tick for the Big V I reckon lol✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️👍👍👍🏆🏆🏆
Richmond's 2 & a half premierships were all unmemorable & no one bar Richmond supporters would get excited by watching them. 2018 is iconic for all.

2019 your fixture was a rort. Played the reigning premierships (us) once after yourselves winning it in 2017 & finishing top in 2018. All the home games in a row before the finals too. Don't bang on about beating the Lions at the GABBA. Those guys only just had hit their straps.

I'll take 2018 over your 2017 & 2019. 2020 the world went lunatic so meh.

Richmond's 2 & a half premierships were all unmemorable & no one bar Richmond supporters would get excited by watching them. 2018 is iconic for all.

2019 your fixture was a rort. Played the reigning premierships (us) once after yourselves winning it in 2017 & finishing top in 2018. All the home games in a row before the finals too. Don't bang on about beating the Lions at the GABBA. Those guys only just had hit their straps.

2018 was a great granny, but you got lucky that the Tiges weren't 100% in the prelim and we toppled them. They were the best team that year.

2018 was a great granny, but you got lucky that the Tiges weren't 100% in the prelim and we toppled them. They were the best team that year.
West coast smashed them by 50 that year and were top of the ladder until the entire forwardline was injured in the middle of the year, also beat the team who beat them 3 times in the same year, twice at the G. Also did it with 3 AA calibre players missing the grand final, pure revisionism/copium to say West coast weren't the best team that year.

Every year who was the best team is so subjective now. Who played each other twice? Where did they play them? What advantage or disadvantage did you get from those 6 games. Where did you finish in the 8?
Just so many questions that come into it now.
Not like it was 30 years ago when 99% of the time the team that won the flag was the best team. No idea anymore. We just say it was the premiers because historically we have and probably always will. But don't really know anymore. Still think 70% of the time the premiers will be it but there is variables these days that simply were not there before the AFL was formed.

Every year who was the best team is so subjective now. Who played each other twice? Where did they play them? What advantage or disadvantage did you get from those 6 games. Where did you finish in the 8?
Not like it was 30 years ago when 99% of the time the team that won the flag was the best team. No idea anymore. We just say it was the premiers because historically we have and probably always will. But don't really know anymore. Still think 70% of the time the premiers will be it but there is variables these days that simply were not there before the AFL was formed.
Historically it is roughly just 60% of GF winners who were the higher ranked team on the H&A ladder.

The premier has always just been who is best in September and on GF day.

But many occasions where the premier wasnt the best team of the entire season.

Us Open Sport GIF by Tennis Channel
This thread.

West coast smashed them by 50 that year and were top of the ladder until the entire forwardline was injured in the middle of the year, also beat the team who beat them 3 times in the same year, twice at the G. Also did it with 3 AA calibre players missing the grand final, pure revisionism/copium to say West coast weren't the best team that year.
Who were the 3 All Australian blokes West Coast were missing in the Grand final?

I can guess 2 of them off the top of my Head. Gaff is one, the tall bloke from Fiji in Nic Nat was aother one, who was the 3rd bloke?

Sheppard, the HB, was AA calibre.
oh I see...

now you didnt answer my question.

You had issues with dockers and eagles having 10 home game as an advantage.

Yet... Collingwood plays 14 or 15 games at the mcg every year sharing home ground of the MCG with bombers, tigers, hawks , blues and Magpies.

You complain about having 8 home game advantages vs the non vic sides and complain about that. Yet you have no issues having carlton and essendon twice each year.

So what are you trying to say?

Should WA get a 3rd and 4th team as well?

A big thing is that everyone used to play the same tactics. So the winning team beat the opposition at their own game. That's not the case anymore.

oh I see...

now you didnt answer my question.

You had issues with dockers and eagles having 10 home game as an advantage.

Yet... Collingwood plays 14 or 15 games at the mcg every year sharing home ground of the MCG with bombers, tigers, hawks , blues and Magpies.

You complain about having 8 home game advantages vs the non vic sides and complain about that. Yet you have no issues having carlton and essendon twice each year.

So what are you trying to say?

Should WA get a 3rd and 4th team as well?
What the feck is your question?

Collingwood has the same fixture every year

14 games at the G
3 games at Docklands
5 games (6 thanks to gather round) outside vic

Of the 14 MCG games, usually only 4 are games against non-vic teams. Getting only 4 games where we have the genuine proper home ground advantage is a shite result.

WA doesnt need another team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So then why not campaign for it?

WC, Freo, Adelaide and Sydney can push to the AFL that they believe Richmond, Melbourne etc. should never play home games anywhere but at the G.

Make it happen WC, use the power of the non-vics to right a wrong that was pushed onto Melbourne based clubs by the AFL.
why doesnt collingwood campaign to play home games at victoria park like the good old days?

What the feck is your question?

Collingwood has the same fixture every year

14 games at the G
3 games at Docklands
5 games (6 thanks to gather round) outside vic

Of the 14 MCG games, usually only 4 are games against non-vic teams. Getting only 4 games where we have the genuine proper home ground advantage is a shite result.

WA doesnt need another team
I quote it again,

Read below the post you wrote about Bigger Priority about WC and Dockers get 10 home games with the true home ground advantage.

Bigger priority is addressing the biased H&A Fixture where teams like WC and Freo get 10 games with a true home ground advantage, but then dont play 10 away games where they face a true away disadvantage.
i see.....

Collingwood travel 4 or 5 or 6 times outside victorian soil every season.

Why doesnt Western Australia need another side? I think a 3rd and 4th side would work.

No issue with that.

What I have an issue with is WA clubs getting an advantage by playing Melbourne based clubs not in Victoria or at grounds they are actually more familiar with.

What?

I have no issue.
Not sure many people really think playing lots of local derbies is an advantage.

Nope, they should get em all there.

No, just have the Melbourne clubs pick single home grounds.

They then get ALL their home games at the home grounds.

If the AFL wants some games in regional markets, then make ALL clubs give up a home game and play the odd game in Darwin, Alice, Canberra, Newcastle etc

It aint hard, your home games should be at a single home ground.
Again.... I have no Issue with WA having a 3rd side. One more home state game. Eagles get dockers twice and 3rd WA team twice. Less travel.

Just like Collingwood always got Essendon and Carlton twice under the Demitriou era.

22 or 23 game season (if gather round in SA is includied) would be interesting.

22 game season means WA clubs get 10 home games, 2 derby games and 10 away games and gather round is the 23rd game.

3rd WA side is thrown in, 9 Home games, 4 deerby games if each of the 3 sides face each other twice and 9 away games and gather round in SA is neutral game in game 23.

I quote it again,

Read below the post you wrote about Bigger Priority about WC and Dockers get 10 home games with the true home ground advantage.

i see.....

Why doesnt Western Australia need another side? I think a 3rd and 4th side would work.
Where is the fan base gonna come from?

Where is the fan base gonna come from?
who gives a stuff?

Theres 2.7 million people living in WA, you work it out. Thats 900,000 per side.

But If I was given a choice, the eastern Half of Perth. Get the WAFL fans of East Perth , Perth, Swan Districts and Subiaco to get fans and local talent.

You bloody victorians have 6.5 million people and 650,000 on average per club.

who gives a stuff?

Theres 2.7 million people living in WA, you work it out. Thats 900,000 per side.

But If I was given a choice, the eastern Half of Perth. Get the WAFL fans of East Perth , Perth, Swan Districts and Subiaco to get fans and local talent.

You bloody victorians have 6.5 million people and 650,000 on average per club.
Who gives a stuff? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Work it out? What's to work out? If you have Ninety eleven billion people in WA it doesn't matter didly sh*t if no one is going to support the club.

You really think wc and freo fans are gonna jump ship? You reckon all those wafl fans don't follow freo or wc now? Yeah nah, you're dreamin.

So you'd rather take one Premiership instead of 3? Gee mediocrity right there by the sounds of it.

So you say the 2019 Richmond fixture was a rort because Richmond only played the 2018 Premiers (West Coast) once? Ok so going by that narrative, was West Coast's 2018 fixture also a rort because they only played the 2017 Premiers (Richmond) once??...

It was comfortably the Tigers best home and away year in that 4 year block where they won 3 flags.

why doesnt collingwood campaign to play home games at victoria park like the good old days?
Have been over that back in the thread.

The council wanted us out, they didnt approve upgrade proposals to the stadium.

The AFL also wanted to ensure we play games at their new Docklands venue.

The AFL forced us out in the 1990s.

I quote it again,

i see.....

You continue to highlight and focus on the wrong part of that post.

Bigger priority is addressing the biased H&A Fixture where teams like WC and Freo get 10 games with a true home ground advantage, but then dont play 10 away games where they face a true away disadvantage.

The important bit is the....but then dont play 10 away games where they face a true away disadvantage.

An easy fix, make sure ALL teams (not just WA and SA teams) play ALL their home games at a single home ground.

Or alternate option, force ALL clubs (including SA and WA) to play some "home games" at alternate venues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back