Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sensitive area for some. With that in mind, I'm going to remind a few posters a few things:
  • personal attacks are against forum rules. From this point, any attacks that are directed at another poster will be treated with a warning, then infractions and threadbans if it continues.
  • the spread of misinformation is also against the rules. This is taken very seriously by moderation, and you will be asked to support your opinion from time to time. If you cannot satisfy this, you will be provided an opportunity to retract your post; if you do not, you will receive an infraction and a threadban on that basis.
This is a forum for adults, and I'd appreciate you all treating each other appropriately.

Bit harsh.

All they did was sell out their own people after Putin had levelled Grozny killing tens of thousands. Then they took money to build themselves a golden palace and arm themselves to fight on behalf of Putin while their people continue to starve to death.
You almost had me for a moment!

Here's Operator Starsky talking about Kadyrovites in his recent Q&A. I snipped it out. The full video is here. I still have 20 minutes of it left to watch, myself.
View attachment traffic lights.mp4
I thought he was gonna say "and sometimes the traffic lights win ..."

The "Morning Report" from Ukrainian military administration:
⚡️General Staff of the Armed Forces: in the Kryvyi Rih direction, the Russian occupiers tried unsuccessfully to carry out assault operations in the area of Mykolayiv. Civilian infrastructure was shelled near Osokorivka, Trudolyubivka and Dobryanka.

▪️ Command and staff and mobilization trainings are held in the Volyn and Polissya directions with the personnel of the military units of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus. The probability of missile and air strikes from the territory of this country remains.

▪️The elimination of the consequences of the deployment of units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation involved in hostilities on the territory of Ukraine on the territory of the Republic of Belarus continues. Measures are being taken to prevent the illicit trafficking of weapons and ammunition that could be lost by Russian troops.

▪️In the Seversky direction, the enemy covers areas of the Ukrainian-Russian border in the Bryansk and Kursk regions and tries to prevent the transfer of our troops to other threatening areas.

▪️In the border areas of these Russian regions, in the border areas with Ukraine, the increased level of terrorist threat was extended until June 8 of this year.

▪️The enemy fired 120-mm mortars and artillery shells at the settlements of Bachivsk and Krasnopillya in the Sumy region and the settlement of Zarichchya in the Chernihiv region.

▪️In the Slobozhansky direction, the enemy carries out systematic high-intensity fire in the areas of concentration of our troops. He also fired on civilian infrastructure in the areas of the settlements of Ternov and Cherkasy Tyshky.

▪️The enemy is trying to improve the tactical situation in the Izyum area and resume the offensive on the city of Sloviansk. He fired artillery, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, mortars and tanks at the settlements of Chepil, Dovhenke, Kurulka, Bohorodychne and Studenok.

▪️In the Donetsk direction, the main efforts of the enemy are focused on taking full control of the village of Lyman and attempts to improve the tactical situation near Severodonetsk and Avdiivka. The enemy is actively using electronic warfare in the Bakhmut and Avdiivka directions. He used artillery and assault aircraft at the positions of our units and the civilian infrastructure of the region.

▪️The enemy is trying to gain a foothold in the Severodonetsk region. He carried out assault operations in the direction of the settlement of Ustynivka, had no success.

▪️Fighting continues in the Bakhmut direction. The enemy unsuccessfully attempted an offensive in the Komyshuvakha, Lypovo, and Nagirny districts.

▪️In the Avdiivka direction, the occupiers carried out assault operations in the Krasnohorivka, Kamyanka, Avdiivka and Pisky districts, but were unsuccessful.

▪️In the Novopavlovsk direction the enemy made an attempt to attack in the area of the settlement of Zolota Niva, withdrew with losses. In the Zaporozhye direction, the enemy fired artillery at the areas of the settlements of Novopil, Charivne, Orikhiv and Kamyanka.

▪️In the Mykolayiv direction, the enemy is trying to improve the tactical situation and ensure access to the administrative borders of the Kherson region. He carried out assault operations in the area of the settlement of Tavriyske, had no success.

▪️The enemy continued the engineering equipment of positions in the areas of settlements Chornobaivka, Pravdyne, Zorya.

▪️For the past 24hrs, 10 enemy attacks have been repulsed in Donetsk and Luhansk, 4 tanks, 2 artillery systems, an armored personnel carrier, a car and 1 unit of special equipment have been destroyed. Air defense units destroyed 5 Orlan-10 UAVs.

▪️A shock aircraft of the Air Force of the Armed Forces struck at enemy positions - destroyed personnel and up to 10 units of lightly armored vehicles. Our fighters intercepted and shot down 2 cruise missiles.

Most reports are saying pretty much the same thing to different extents. Severodonetsk and Lysychansk continue to have the noose pulled ever so slowly around them.

Ukraine continues to wait for offensive resources to be provided, a race against time to get those resources before there is no way left to deploy them.

Russia will start the battle for Severodonetsk in the coming days, - Institute for the Study of War. The Rashists have chosen to advance east and west of Popasna in order to cut Ukrainian land lines of communication southwest of Severodonetsk and complete the cordon of the Lugansk region. The enemy intends to use Liman to coordinate movements southeast of Izyum and launch an offensive against Siversk.

photo_2022-05-26_15-21-57.jpg
From Trukha Ukraina

I have no idea what NFT is (and I'm incapable of learning) but I know Chief has said this abbreviation a few times, so maybe this is of interest. Apparently it has something to do with charity :

Collection parsing - Zelenskiy NFTs
The world's first ChariFi & NFT project where you get rewarded for doing good deeds.
- Historical Support Initiative

A collection of 10,000 unique Zelensky NFTs was created to commemorate the historical efforts and courage shown by the Ukrainian people and personally by President Zelensky. A targeted collection created to help affected refugees from Ukraine and for humanitarian purposes with a wide public benefit. A unique art form and general presentation to show worldwide support for Ukraine. Curated to transcend the NFT space and present a long-term historical perspective on the irresistible courage of the Ukrainian people.

Putin met with some wounded soldiers from the festivities in Ukraine, or so he would have us believe. One of the alleged wounded has a photo match with a worker in another of Putin's staged visits.
A previous similar shifty is also mentioned in the post.

Oscar for Russian directors. Yesterday, Putin allegedly met with "fighters of the armed forces of the Russian Federation wounded in Ukraine." And everything would be fine, but one of the "wounded" had already participated in Putin's extras before. Then he worked as a "worker" at the factory. Previously, Putin has been caught on staged shots more than once (photo No. 3).

photo_2022-05-26_19-10-47.jpg
photo_2022-05-26_19-10-47 (2).jpg
photo_2022-05-26_19-10-47 (3).jpg

'Ukrainian ports have been blocked since Russia launched its war against Ukraine on February 24, leaving more than 20 million tons of grain stuck in silos in the country.

Russia and Ukraine account for almost one-third of global wheat supplies. Ukraine is also a major exporter of corn and sunflower, and the blockage of its ports is contributing to a growing global food crisis.'

The United Nations has urged Russian authorities to release grain stuck in Ukrainian ports to avert global food shortages.

Meanwhile, British intelligence warned that Russia's blockade of Ukraine's key port of Odesa has caused grain supply shortfalls that cannot be compensated by overland exports.

The British Defense Ministry assessed in its daily bulletin on May 25 that as long as the threat of Russia's naval blockade keeps deterring access by commercial shipping to Ukrainian ports, "the resulting supply shortfalls will further increase the price of many staple products."

On May 24, European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen called for talks with Moscow on unlocking wheat exports trapped in Ukraine as a result of Russia's sea blockade.

"Russian warships in the Black Sea are blockading Ukrainian ships full of wheat and sunflower seeds," von der Leyen told the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on May 24.

Russia is using food supplies as a weapon with global repercussions, just like it does in the energy sector, von der Leyen said.

Reports of more tanks mobilised, this time at Naro-Fominsk just out of Moscow.

T-80BV tanks seen on railway platforms near Naro-Fominsk may indicate a shortage of modern military equipment among Russian troops.

This tank model was developed in the 80s. She was going to be removed from service, since such equipment is absolutely unsuitable for urban conditions, which was fully manifested in the First Chechen campaign. The tanks were let down by a gas turbine engine running practically on aviation fuel, which burns very well.

Judging by the reactivation of tanks, they are going to be used for war, but they are unlikely to be allowed into battle: they will hardly participate in the offensive, and for defensive positions the engine may not be started.

It does seem as though Russia is piling everything on now, regardless how out of date the equipment is, or how many of their troops die.

From "We Can Explain" TG:

I honestly don't understand anything said here because it's about money. But they write about it as though I should be interested, so maybe it'll matter to someone.

The dollar and euro rates soared by more than 4 rubles since the start of trading.

The dollar and euro rates have risen by more than 4 rubles since the opening of trading on May 26. This is evidenced by the data of the Moscow Exchange. The dollar is currently trading for 63.50-63.70 rubles, the euro - for 67 rubles.

On May 23, the euro exchange rate on the Moscow Exchange fell below 59 rubles - this was the lowest level since June 2015. The cost of the dollar on the Moscow Exchange at the same time reached 57.50.

Today the Bank of Russia lowered the key rate from 14% to 11% per annum. Earlier Earlier, the Ministry of Finance reduced the requirements for the mandatory sale of exporters' foreign exchange earnings from 80% to 50%. This decision was explained by "the stabilization of the ruble exchange rate and the achievement of a sufficient level of liquidity in foreign currency in the domestic foreign exchange market."

From May 20, 2022, the Central Bank of the Russian Federation allowed banks to sell any cash foreign currency to citizens without restrictions, with the exception of dollars and euros. This was explained by "the presence of foreign banknotes in banks." Experts explain the strengthening of the ruble by the fact that, thanks to the restrictions of the Bank of Russia, more money is now coming into the country than is being withdrawn from it.

I honestly don't understand anything said here because it's about money. But they write about it as though I should be interested, so maybe it'll matter to someone.

The dollar and euro rates soared by more than 4 rubles since the start of trading.

the interest rate was lowered and accordingly the market devalued the ruble............this is completely normal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Ukrainians know that the Russians continue to make money (in rubles, euros or US$) from their supply of gas to Europe. And Europe needs the gas as they have no alternate supply of energy. They are beholden for a minimum 3 years.

The ‘greens’ in Germany have destroyed energy supply in Germany and handed it to the Russians.. and Putin.
Germany cannot shut off the supply of gas from Russia or they will lose all production.

In Germany the 1980s co-hurt of “greens” in Germany had a plan to shut down all of the fission reactors, which if we’re still running, would allow Germany to be independent of Russian Gas.

So the greens have made Germany beholden to Russia.

Putin, for all his faults, knew this And expected the west would not intervene… which was his greatest fault.

The west did.

The Ukranine are not our allies.

We should be helping our ally in Poland house and feed the 3 million Ukrainian refugees

Jacinta Adern said it best: Find kindness as a starting point.

The Ukrainians know that the Russians continue to make money (in rubles, euros or US$) from their supply of gas to Europe. And Europe needs the gas as they have no alternate supply of energy. They are beholden for a minimum 3 years.

The ‘greens’ in Germany have destroyed energy supply in Germany and handed it to the Russians.. and Putin.
Germany cannot shut off the supply of gas from Russia or they will lose all production.

In Germany the 1980s co-hurt of “greens” in Germany had a plan to shut down all of the fission reactors, which if we’re still running, would allow Germany to be independent of Russian Gas.

So the greens have made Germany beholden to Russia.

Putin, for all his faults, knew this And expected the west would not intervene… which was his greatest fault.

The west did.

The Ukranine are not our allies.

We should be helping our ally in Poland house and feed the 3 million Ukrainian refugees

Jacinta Adern said it best: Find kindness as a starting point.

The “greens” as you call them have never been the ruling party in Germany.
Nice drive by.

The “greens” as you call them have never been the ruling party in Germany.
Nice drive by.
No party is the “ruling“ party…. The government in Germany is always a coalition of parties…..

My point stands, the greens in Germany‘s ideals designed in the 1980 was to shut down the reactors (even though many greens now say, nuclear is a better option than CO2) and Germany are now beholden to Russian gas for energy…

Last edited:
So
Most reports are saying pretty much the same thing to different extents. Severodonetsk and Lysychansk continue to have the noose pulled ever so slowly around them.

Ukraine continues to wait for offensive resources to be provided, a race against time to get those resources before there is no way left to deploy them.

Russia will start the battle for Severodonetsk in the coming days, - Institute for the Study of War. The Rashists have chosen to advance east and west of Popasna in order to cut Ukrainian land lines of communication southwest of Severodonetsk and complete the cordon of the Lugansk region. The enemy intends to use Liman to coordinate movements southeast of Izyum and launch an offensive against Siversk.

View attachment 1409105
From Trukha Ukraina
So, is a fair summary of the current situation, Russia is slowly grinding in the East and making progress but being held by Ukraine to a large extent. Expect a counter attack from Ukraine as offensive weapons get deployed?

So

So, is a fair summary of the current situation, Russia is slowly grinding in the East and making progress but being held by Ukraine to a large extent. Expect a counter attack from Ukraine as offensive weapons get deployed?
Honestly I wouldn't know, but it does seem to be what most of those out there, who are commenting on the situation, are saying.

There are talks of Ukrainian counter-offensives pegged for about 1 to 2 months away.

Honestly I wouldn't know, but it does seem to be what most of those out there, who are commenting on the situation, are saying.

There are talks of Ukrainian counter-offensives pegged for about 1 to 2 months away.
That is a long time away.....There won't be much left of Ukraine the way this is going.

That is a long time away.....There won't be much left of Ukraine the way this is going.
It surprised me too, to read or listen to that kind of timeline being stated, but I know less than basically anybody of how this crap works so I trust there's some sense to it.

I don't know if it's relevant to the wait for additional resources - Ukraine are getting sent all manner of weaponry etc but they continually basically lampoon the west around how long it's taking. We see them commonly testing or even using this stuff in battle, but it might be just the leading edge - their leaders and their commentators continually say everyone is dragging their heels and its costing Ukraine severely.

This is reportedly from Lyman, one place where the noose is around Severodonetsk & Lysychansk is tightening:
View attachment video_2022-05-27_10-31-49.mp4
A Ukrainian paratrooper recorded a video of a battle in the forests near Liman.

It surprised me too, to read or listen to that kind of timeline being stated, but I know less than basically anybody of how this crap works so I trust there's some sense to it.

I don't know if it's relevant to the wait for additional resources - Ukraine are getting sent all manner of weaponry etc but they continually basically lampoon the west around how long it's taking. We see them commonly testing or even using this stuff in battle, but it might be just the leading edge - their leaders and their commentators continually say everyone is dragging their heels and its costing Ukraine severely.

This is reportedly from Lyman, one place where the noose is around Severodonetsk & Lysychansk is tightening:
View attachment 1409730
A Ukrainian paratrooper recorded a video of a battle in the forests near Liman.
Training as well I suppose.

There's been numerous reports of cluster, vacuum, etc bombs used by Russia - each and every a geneva convention-breaching war crime. Of course the heavy-duty reprisals of "Ooh that's a naughty, Russia so bad. Bad Russia." should sort it all out.

There's been numerous reports of cluster, vacuum, etc bombs used by Russia - each and every a geneva convention-breaching war crime. Of course the heavy-duty reprisals of "Ooh that's a naughty, Russia so bad. Bad Russia." should sort it all out.
This one seems pretty unequivocal to me. Even if it was in the Sun.

Ukraine needs to be given their own Vacuum bombs and make sure Russia has to evacuate cities next to Ukraine….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back