List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Spare a thought for the ground production crew that forgot to turn off the music before the bounce of the ball leading to the goal.

One of the most replayable highlights you will see this year, and everytime they see it they are going to remember the time they forgot to shut off the music.
Shouldn't have the stupid music anyway. What does it add to the game?

Adelaide board is chill and definitely most like us.

Port and Freo are very similar.

Richmond board is fun just because they’re so deranged, and so unhinged. It’s a mental asylum.

Dogs board is full of angry campaigners
Port and Freo (and their fans) suffer from inferiority complex imo. Mostly an afterthought to everyone but their own people, and they know it and hate it

We're good at working players back into form.
Pity we can't do the same for our own.lol
The answer seems to be to play against yourself? Play with yourself? Or just stop getting injured. But I'll be the first to admit we have no ****ing idea how to do that last one. Much better at number 2.

Shouldn't have the stupid music anyway. What does it add to the game?
People will say its for the kids to justify it, but I don't know if I buy that. Even during the breaks, there is always some crowd activation piece going on. Are we really incapable of going 5 minutes without sound or visual stimulation.

Having said that, playing The Pretender coming back from half time is great.

Have you watched any Brisbane home games recently? The crowd starts belting out the song even after the audio finishes as play continues; it's mint and would be a great experience for those there.
Yeah but they rarely have a full house. WC sells out their games - there would be more cheering if they didn't deafen us all with music.

Reid's averaging 3 less touches then the defender Mckercher and has kicked 1 more goal (7) then the forward Zane "The Bust" Duursma.

Reid's output so far has those two covered by a mile even with the slow start to the season.
I don’t think this makes sense but fair enough. The player ratings of them combined exceeds Reid’s player rating currently. I would personally prefer Reid but can see the opposite argument.

Last edited:
From the Woodcock, skimming off Harley's ABC post game interview on why he needed to go home during our Gold Coast game. Feel for him having to spend his birthday on his own...surely the team got around him? I'm he just meant alone without his family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was waiting at the doctors and decided to try out the reading of another team's board to see their take on Reid. So headed over to Cockburn...

• he's peaked
  • he's not really that good
  • he'll be gone in 50 games
  • that goal wasn't that good
  • he's a bigger ducker than Ginnivan

Also a few obviously mentally stable people who admitted he's a star and the goal was great.

That was more than enough "Reiding Copium" for me and don't think I'll be doing that anywhere else again.

Quite a few visitors over to our board after your win against Melbourne. Cute 🥰 and very chill of you.

I don’t think this makes sense but fair enough. The player ratings of them combined exceeds Reid’s player rating currently. I would personally prefer Reid but can see the opposite argument.
It’s not Reid vs the pair of them, it’s Reid vs Duursma. If they finished last, they’d have had 1+2 and taken McKercher anyway.

And if we are doing Reid vs the both of them on a total ranking basis, the side with two players will likely always win. But Reid + a player playing the equivalent role to the lower ranked of the two? How does that stack up? Just because we didn’t draft them then and there doesn’t mean we field one fewer player, it means those minutes can go elsewhere.

It’s all a bit moot anyway, I think the post earlier that said no Eagles fan would accept the straight swap now, and gut feel is most North fans would, is where I land.

Quite a few visitors over to our board after your win against Melbourne. Cute 🥰 and very chill of you.

Spoken with a complete lack of awareness.

It’s not Reid vs the pair of them, it’s Reid vs Duursma. If they finished last, they’d have had 1+2 and taken McKercher anyway.

And if we are doing Reid vs the both of them on a total ranking basis, the side with two players will likely always win. But Reid + a player playing the equivalent role to the lower ranked of the two? How does that stack up? Just because we didn’t draft them then and there doesn’t mean we field one fewer player, it means those minutes can go elsewhere.

It’s all a bit moot anyway, I think the post earlier that said no Eagles fan would accept the straight swap now, and gut feel is most North fans would, is where I land.
Yeah it would have been way way better if they just finished last. Not arguing that at all tho. Arguing that trading pick 2 and pick 3 for pick 1 would have been dumb for north at the time. McKercher was very highly rated and has backed that up.

Yeah it’s certainly worth adding on an average player to Reid’s total player rating so it make it two players against two players. Reid would win that comparison at the moment.

Just like the Cockburn game, and when Neil Armstrong took his fake landing on the moon or JFK day, this was one of those: where were you day.

Still in disbelief. What a Harley Reid day.

After 9 games, Harley had 161 disposals (81 contested), 7 goals, 43 clearances, 30 tackles

After 9 games Chris Judd had 131 disposals (71 contested), 11 goals, 24 clearancs, 20 tackles

After 9 games Nick Daicos had 222 disposals (48 contested), 1 goal, 17 clearances, 16 tackles

Played in different positions of course but those clearance and contested possessions numbers for a 19yo are insane.

Plus I can't stop watching his highlights. So good.

I genuinely wonder if our recruiters expected him to be this good so soon

Personally think he’s surpassed what were already lofty expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back