List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hs size, ability and attitude has not changed
Won’t speak for anyone else but as someone who was initially disappointed we chose Chesser ahead of Johnson, I’ve been really impressed by Chesser’s attitude since being drafted and can now see why the club was so interested in him. I dare say I’m not the only supporter who was surprised by just how mature he is and are happy to say my initial misgivings were misplaced

Won’t speak for anyone else but as someone who was initially disappointed we chose Chesser ahead of Johnson, I’ve been really impressed by Chesser’s attitude since being drafted and can now see why the club was so interested in him. I dare say I’m not the only supporter who was surprised by just how mature he is and are happy to say my initial misgivings were misplaced

Very impressive attitude and speaker.

Has still missed most of the two most important years of game development as a junior so will hold off on judgement until he plays a few seasons. I have been very active in saying this before and will say it again. I don't believe in picking players based on U16 form. Those last couple of years of development are incredibly important for juniors and some things just can't be learnt but are instinctual by the time you finish juniors. He has the physical, athletic and personal traits to be a very high level player that we need.

But I much prefer exposed form, particurly exposed form against men. Whether that be in a country league or state league it shows that when they aren't the physically dominant players they can still go up a level.

I'm no longer unhappy with the pick and wish him all the best. Particularly as we picked up Clark later on in the draft and have really added SPS and Rioli as midfield options over the offseason as well. We needed 1 more outside leaning midfielder in this draft and there is no reason why he can't potentially move more inside as an option as he develops in 3-4 years time.

Really interested to see the development in Hough and Winder as well. Both could very well become key components anywhere from HB to HF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back