Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly surprised at this. I’d have thought he’d regard the dogs as a better chance of him getting a game given we’ve now got all of IQ, Markov, Noble, Ryan and Harry competing for spots as running defenders.

Good get though, kid can definitely play, or he could in his draft year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they do a footy highlights pac
Honestly surprised at this. I’d have thought he’d regard the dogs as a better chance of him getting a game given we’ve now got all of IQ, Markov, Noble, Ryan and Harry competing for spots as running defenders.

He hasnt played since he was 17 and an under ager. Our list profile gives time to develop him into where we think is best that might be back, mid or fwd. Given was his first year under 18s Eastern may have viewed him differently than a HB in his 2nd year. Harry will be a mid longer term. Noble might be a tradeable commodity by end next year but i hope a 100 game premiership player. Markov will be 28. I think it makes perfect sense.

Maybe Fly is a better person to want to work for than beveridge

Good question. Would need to go through conditioning and education with game plans and all, but assume he'll be at the club very soon

Wouldn't surprise me if he's been on a private training program for the last 3-6 months with the hope of getting this opportunity.
Not saying he is AFL ready of course. But might feature in some VFL games this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't surprise me if he's been on a private training program for the last 3-6 months with the hope of getting this opportunity.
Not saying he is AFL ready of course. But might feature in some VFL games this year
He's been following he vfl insta account for a little while, and he afl one. So this isn't a recent acquisition. Reckon its been in the works.

He hasnt played since he was 17 and an under ager. Our list profile gives time to develop him into where we think is best that might be back, mid or fwd. Given was his first year under 18s Eastern may have viewed him differently than a HB in his 2nd year. Harry will be a mid longer term. Noble might be a tradeable commodity by end next year but i hope a 100 game premiership player. Markov will be 28. I think it makes perfect sense.
Yep. Even IQ himself might be a mid. Wouldn’t be too keen to pigeon hole players just yet. If he’s any good then they’ll find room for him

Was a gun midfielder at u/16, think he won a league B&F? May have been put on half back as bottom age to ease in to it.

Oh it makes perfect sense for us. But if you’re a kid looking at lists hoping to break in to an AFL side the reigning premiers who have arguably the strongest depth in the league in the position you played as a junior is a daunting prospect. Good on the kid for backing himself in, the dogs would have been the easier option.

Oh it makes perfect sense for us. But if you’re a kid looking at lists hoping to break in to an AFL side the reigning premiers who have arguably the strongest depth in the league in the position you played as a junior is a daunting prospect. Good on the kid for backing himself in, the dogs would have been the easier option.
Reckon he'll back his development in, and think his decision was more about breaking into the team. Culture, and they clearly sold the idea he could be part of the future here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back