Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the club faces a tough decision with him at the end of the year. Here's hoping he can pull through and get some good wafl games I der the belt before year end.

The latest update on NOD is that he has re-injured his troublesome knee.

I miss seeing the kid running the wing and lifting the team with those left foot goals from the unlikeliest of angles. Never underestimated his X-Factor and passion. He and Freddy have the potential to set the wing/HF on fire from both angles.

Hope he recovers and continues the story and doesn't end up a 'could have been'.

Realistically though, what are his chances given Sharp is smashing it? Seems the other wing is still up for grabs.

Common Noddy, get well matey.
I really hope for both his and the teams sake, we can sort out this injury, season is slipping away from him in a contract year is never a good sign.

I really hope for both his and the teams sake, we can sort out this injury, season is slipping away from him in a contract year is never a good sign.
At the very least, hope we offer him a 1 year rookie spot, and move him to the inactive list if need be.

Give him one more year to sort it all out, but then look at delisted free agents/SSP to cover.

Wow, that's unreal. I wonder what actually happened, clash of heads, impact with the ground, other? Feel so sorry for the kid, a lifelong dream over before it even really started.
It was a massive hit in preseason with Bailey Williams, happened way back in like January

The match sim was stopped and an ambulance came onto the ground to take him off, there were worries of a fractured skull but don't think anything came of it.

Its extremely unlucky for the poor kid.

just stumbled across this. Watching it reminds me of what an excellent sharpshooter Driz is. If he can play a fair chunk of games and double his tally to 20+, we'll be in a sweet spot I reckon....deadly left boot. Also the degree of difficulty on some of his angles...especially that North set shot....nuts! Hopefully if he isn't playing Round 1 which seems likely he's not too far away. Reminisce if you haven't already:

bloody hell those goals were good. we need him back in the side.

bloody hell those goals were good. we need him back in the side.

Those goals by NOD early in his career were exciting, I really thought we had found a 10 year wingman there. Since then it's been hard going for him to the point he is probably under the pump to hold his position on the list.
Sad, as when he was going well, he added plenty to the team.

It was a massive hit in preseason with Bailey Williams, happened way back in like January

The match sim was stopped and an ambulance came onto the ground to take him off, there were worries of a fractured skull but don't think anything came of it.

Its extremely unlucky for the poor kid.
Williams, who is 6'2" and weighs close to 90 kilos, was also concussed in the head clash. Very unlucky but also an indication of what could be in every contest these fellas go into.

I feel for Aiden but the right decision was made here and his bravery should be recognised and rewarded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back