Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The healing power of being out of contract I reckon 😂
No its the guys application to his rehab. Its been first rate. Didnt go on holidays after the season. Focussed on his rehab and has only had a small break at christmas. He has worked really hard on his physical conditioning and it has paid off for him as he is far ahead of schedule. You have to congratulate the guy. Remember he could have gone to Collingwood but chose to stay loyal to us. Cant wait to see him run out for the jumper again

No its the guys application to his rehab. Its been first rate. Didnt go on holidays after the season. Focussed on his rehab and has only had a small break at christmas. He has worked really hard on his physical conditioning and it has paid off for him as he is far ahead of schedule. You have to congratulate the guy. Remember he could have gone to Collingwood but chose to stay loyal to us. Cant wait to see him run out for the jumper again
I love Chad and hopefully this is bit of a turning point and see him enjoy an extended injury free run. Deserving of some more luck from the injury gods.

1709896168203.png
Posted back in August, 2023.
Both David Beckham and Kobe Bryant ruptured their achilles heels at 35 y.o.
Both made successful returns.

Beckham returned within 6 months.
Bryant within 8 months.

Chad's career at Hawthorn should not be written off at this stage and is likely to be dependent on his approach to his rehab, and the progress he makes before lists are finalised.

Let's effin go Chadley!!

Looking forward to having him back. I reckon Watson could learn some things from him, young Wingard was arguably the most electrifying and skilful forward in the league. Something Watson can aspire to be.

I wonder how we would will fit all of Wingard, Watson, Moore, Ginnivan, Breust and MacDonald in the forward line though - and what it ultimately means for Butler, JOS and Bennetts, who most likely will not see any gametime this season. Doesn't bode well for them on a personal level. Great for the team to have such depth though.

Also came up to Sydney with a few former players for a special afternoon/evening with Sydney Hawk supporters.

Im pretty sure the younger him would not have been interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fit Chad is definitely best 23. His forward craft along with bruest , Watson , Moore and Ginni would cause a lot of headaches for the opposition. Just need to get the ball inside fifty over 50 times a game! There's a lot of potential to post reasonably high scores if we give that frwd line a chance. Can't wait for Chad to get back in.

Yep, I reckon these outcomes from players are a direct symptom of the club recruiting the person as much as the player.

And Kudos to Littlejohn for acknowledging Chads work at Box Hill. That is culture building.

Not holding my breathe but how good would it be to get a couple of good years out of Chad before he hangs them up. Really feel for for the guy with how his body has failed him the last 3-4 years which would've been so frustrating for him. Anything he brings on field from here on out will be bonus and his experience will be great to have back. Hoping his return will lift the whole team with him.

Not holding my breathe but how good would it be to get a couple of good years out of Chad before he hangs them up. Really feel for for the guy with how his body has failed him the last 3-4 years which would've been so frustrating for him. Anything he brings on field from here on out will be bonus and his experience will be great to have back. Hoping his return will lift the whole team with him.
I can see Chad, Ginni and Wiz having a ball together in that arc .

The extended break due to this injury might help him in getting another good couple years out of his body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back