Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Karl Amon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Amon is one of the best on ground and heavily relied upon exiting D50 with Sis out and there’s still people going with the ‘kick in stat padding’ narrative. From what I can see he only played on and got the kick stat 4/5 times, so had 20 other kicks.

We are one of the best at moving it from our back half, he’s the best kick in our team, and yet I am certain there’s still going to be a group of fans that want him moved to the wing.

We are also one of the best at limiting defensive half turnovers, it’s not surprising why.

Amon is one of the best on ground and heavily relied upon exiting D50 with Sis out and there’s still people going with the ‘kick in stat padding’ narrative. From what I can see he only played on and got the kick stat 4/5 times, so had 20 other kicks.

We are one of the best at moving it from our back half, he’s the best kick in our team, and yet I am certain there’s still going to be a group of fans that want him moved to the wing.

We are also one of the best at limiting defensive half turnovers, it’s not surprising why.
There's got to be context around kick-in stats as they're not created equal.

Sometimes players will just do a short kick to deep in the pocket, and other times they'll hit a long range target outside of 50 to break open the field. Amon did the latter with his kick to Impey which led to the Breust goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back