List Mgmt. Welcome to Luke Edwards (Pick 52 - 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's great is if he becomes a champ I doubt he'll ever go back and play for the crows. He wont forget their snub easily.

Edwards family and the Crows have had a bad recent history

I do owe him an apology for calling him vanilla tbh. While he has been good for the BEAGLES he never impressed me this much at that level. He does remind me of Jack Redden a bit and I hope we can develop his inside game. He's a nice height and should fill out well and that composure in the middle is what we need with Shuey getting closer to the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind the nest, well up on the BF and backchat pods as far as guests go. Coast to coast maybe pips em for guests, but bloody company men who can't say what they feel 😢

Backchat 2.0 is a bit clunky and serious and lacking fluidity, but when Schoey gets right into delivering some key content and whacks it's great. I'm sure it's just initial teething errors but he and Buts bounced off each other really well.

Backchat 2.0 is a bit clunky and serious and lacking fluidity, but when Schoey gets right into delivering some key content and whacks it's great. I'm sure it's just initial teething errors but he and Buts bounced off each other really well.
Yeah, ran into Butsy a couple of years ago at a WCE breakfast at Etihad. Genuinely likable and quality banter straight up, seemed like a really good bloke. Schoey comes across as the same which is probably why they bounced so well off each other.

Biggest trait on this kid is his football brain.
His father was an absolute monster, and if he gets to even half of what the old man was, we're in good hands.

One thing though, he very much looks like Ah Chee out there when he plays.

Don't mind the nest, well up on the BF and backchat pods as far as guests go. Coast to coast maybe pips em for guests, but bloody company men who can't say what they feel
At the end of the day it is extremely churlish to criticise players for giving up their time to produce free content for fans, but yeah, Coast to Coast has taken a huge nose dive this year- was great last year, is just boring crap now.

The problem is totally Tim Gossage.

He talks too much (when in the nicest possible way, not one eagle fan in the world is thinking 'gee i want to hear Tim Gossage's opinion about X') he tries to guide the conversation to 'safe topics', and it often shapes like an extended media interview, with players choosing their answers carefully, and the topics being kept as formulaic and as pro club as possible. They're talking to a reporter so they act like they're talking to a reporter.

What was good about coast to coast was it was an interesting, player led conversation between two guys in allen and schofield who were at totally opposite ends of their careers, played opposite positions and with schoey leading the conversation would at least give you a real insight into what players cared about and were interest in about AFL.

Subtract schoey and replace him with a media talking head, and you're left with a weekly 45 minute segment of 'yeah nah it was good to get the points on the weekend/if I could be any animal it would be a dolphin'

At the end of the day it is extremely churlish to criticise players for giving up their time to produce free content for fans, but yeah, Coast to Coast has taken a huge nose dive this year- was great last year, is just boring crap now.

The problem is totally Tim Gossage.

He talks too much (when in the nicest possible way, not one eagle fan in the world is thinking 'gee i want to hear Tim Gossage's opinion about X') he tries to guide the conversation to 'safe topics', and it often shapes like an extended media interview, with players choosing their answers carefully, and the topics being kept as formulaic and as pro club as possible. They're talking to a reporter so they act like they're talking to a reporter.

What was good about coast to coast was it was an interesting, player led conversation between two guys in allen and schofield who were at totally opposite ends of their careers, played opposite positions and with schoey leading the conversation would at least give you a real insight into what players cared about and were interest in about AFL.

Subtract schoey and replace him with a media talking head, and you're left with a weekly 45 minute segment of 'yeah nah it was good to get the points on the weekend/if I could be any animal it would be a dolphin'

It's not as good, but still worth a listen and occasionally pretty honest.

I actually think that the podcast was at its best when it was hosted by the other journo - Travis King (?) and had Kerr on the panel.

Not sure where King has gone, think he does something else at the club now, and Kerr, well....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back