Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think his article was that bad. I mean it sounded pretty much like what went down. What's with the angst? Have I only read part of it or something?

PORT ADELAIDE

It was a dramatic and eventful first year in the AFL for Jason Horne-Francis, to say the least. Frustration, ill-discipline, poor body language and even suspension overshadowed the No.1 pick’s debut season at North Melbourne. It all became too much for the teenager, who received his requested trade back home. But beneath all the negative attention he was bringing on himself, there were many times when he showed why he was so highly rated. With his distractions now in the rear-view mirror, the gun midfielder has no excuses at Alberton in 2023.

I didn't think his article was that bad. I mean it sounded pretty much like what went down. What's with the angst? Have I only read part of it or something?
I think it was the last comment for mine.
If you read most of the others, it's about potential...

Sam Darcy - has the potential to be a dominant force as early as next season.
Bailey Williams - has a golden opportunity to show Simpson that he can be relied upon to carry the West Coast ruck mantle for the next decade
Logan McDonald - could be set for a breakout year
Mitch Owens - could quickly become a permanent fixture in the line-up.
Josh Gibcus - has the potential to take up a more prominent role in 2023
Paul Curtis - with a bit more direction and leadership around him, he could regularly provide headaches for opposition teams.
Will Day - 2023 could be his time if the stars align.
Sam De Koning - A lock for the All-Australian team if he avoids injury.
Nathan O’Driscoll - his pace and smarts could soon see him become a weapon.
Zach Reid - a full pre-season and a clear run at it could see Reid become a crucial piece of the Bombers’ back line.

But with JBF, it's 'become elite, or else...'

I hadn't read that until now, but looking at those comments, it sounds like everything that went wrong for him was all his own doing. His ill-discipline, his poor body language, his frustration. Nothing about the environment he was in, the failings of the coach, the collapse of the footy admin department, decisions made about him, positions he was played. It makes it sound like all the s**t that went down was all on him. And it clearly wasn't.

Bruhn bails on GWS to Geelong, not a word lol
Ollie Henry gets so homesick that he demands a trade to a club a 45 minute drive away, not a word.

I made the mistake of reading the Norf board. 2/3 pages was enough tho' then the Kingy comments, throw in papers bringing 'Flash' into it all

and bingo. As others have posted the no excuses line triggered me.

In his 2nd year, 19yr old JHF now has to be a gun midfielder with no excuses.

When he's 24 perhaps but not 19.

I hadn't read that until now, but looking at those comments, it sounds like everything that went wrong for him was all his own doing. His ill-discipline, his poor body language, his frustration. Nothing about the environment he was in, the failings of the coach, the collapse of the footy admin department, decisions made about him, positions he was played. It makes it sound like all the s**t that went down was all on him. And it clearly wasn't.
That’s exactly how it came across to me as I read it too. Made me angry 😡

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes it sound like all the s**t that went down was all on him. And it clearly wasn't.
I think in situations like his, both parties are going to have some sorta fault.

Regardless, he didnt wanna be there, he's where he wants to be, so there are no reasons, or excuses, for him.

I've just had enough of the bashing JHF has coped from the media pack I've never seen anything like it.
What about his mental health? His 19 FFS.

Nowhere near a "balanced" article.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back