Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DARCY WILSON!

Remove this Banner Ad

“As a child in Tarrawingee, Victoria, Nolan supported St Kilda and had the ambition of playing in their first ever premiership. He was recruited by North Melbourne from Wangaratta Rovers and made his senior debut in 1973.”
Whether it's still true or not, I don't know, but 10 years ago there was a 66 Premiership player living in Tarrawingee. Can't remember who it was now.

Was thinking that, then remembered some of the geniuses on here informed us that some people just don’t put on muscle no matter how hard they work 😔
He put on 9kg this year, obviously has a different way of doing that than i do. Sorry Pizza shop.

Whether it's still true or not, I don't know, but 10 years ago there was a 66 Premiership player living in Tarrawingee. Can't remember who it was now.

Seems it was Bob Murray

And from the Herald Sun

”Mick Wilson was the nephew of North Melbourne inaugural premiership player “The Galloping Gasometer” Mick Nolan and the family are passionate Kangas fans.

But they also have links with the Saints – the family is close with St Kilda Hall of Famer and 1966 premiership hero Bob Murray, who relocated to Tarrawingee when Mick was growing up.

The Murrays and Wilsons often attended Roos-Saints games together.”

Last edited:
Amazing with all the hoopla of the Tasmanian that this kid has had little fanfare. Some kids just seem to lose out in the BF and rubbish media contest. Can’t wait to see how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just found exclusive footage of Wilson.

images
Ha ha ha ha! This post hasn’t got the kudos it deserves!

Amazing with all the hoopla of the Tasmanian that this kid has had little fanfare. Some kids just seem to lose out in the BF and rubbish media contest. Can’t wait to see how he goes.

I was speaking to my draft nuffie mate on cup day and I asked him about Wilson and Windsor. I said how Wilson's meant to be a pretty flashy player but his highlights are pretty meh. He said he thinks he'll be a gun and that the highlights don't do him justice. Thought he would be a very low risk high reward pick and wasn't as confident on Windsor. Said that he's got a big bag of tricks and will be fun to watch. Can't wait to see him play now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back