Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
...Antoni Grover.

This weekend the club veteran Grover will join the likes of Pavlich, Parker, McManus, Hasleby who have played over 200 games with Freo.

This is a testement to the oldest player on our list who debuted back in 1999 and has missed quite a few games through injury. When he missed most of last season and only played 13-14 games, I wrote him off in the pre season and said his hams wouldnt hold up and would be forced to reitre through this year... boy has he proved me wrong.

One of our solid contributors this year in the backline and I can see him going on next year baring no injuries *touches wood*

Well done Groves on the 200 this week! :thumbsu::D

Well said mate. Grover is a champion of our club and a top fella to boot. Having a career best season and obviously will go in in 2012. I and nearly everyone else wrote him off a year or two ago but am mighty glad to be proven wrong. Another rookie list success story for us and hopefully we can get up and have a win for him
Well done Groves :thumbsu:

He's missed a few through suspension as well hasn't he?

Also he's got a few of his goals throughout his career from 50m penalties

Two this year and does anyone remember a younger, more fresh faced Antoni getting under the skin of Fraser Gheric down in Tassie? Got about 3 50m penalties in a row :D

I think he will play on and yes, I think he is the first indigenous player to reach the 200 club for Freo :D

Wish I had $10 for everytime a BF poster announced Grover's career was finished since I first came on board in 2005. Reckon I'd have a lazy $1k easy.

Fine effort from a defender's defender.

Grover vs. Gehrig was classic. Well done Antoni!

funny%20copy.jpg

I love you Groves!!!! :) :heart: :heart: :thumbsu:

He also managed to get Fev riled up so much that he biffed him, got dragged, then got suspended IIRC... :D

r45769_119068.jpg

And I'd love to find a pic of the time he dacked Jono Brown... undies and all... and Jono Brown being the tough man he is... there were no bike pants under his shorts and Groves bared Browny's big hairy arse for a whole viewing audience to witness and admire... lols

Great thread Seppo, amazing how quick Groves has gone from 175 to 200, he seemed to take forever to get from 100 to 150...

Awesome achievement by Groves. The guy's a class act.

Is he the 1st indigenous player for us to reach the 200 club?

Yep, he's Freo's first indigenous 200 game player (and all with us too!).

I think he is about the 16th indigenous player to reach 200 games.

And for those that haven't seen it: -

Grover undecided on future - http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/121056/default.aspx
VETERAN Fremantle defender Antoni Grover, who will play his 200th AFL match against North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Saturday night, is yet to decide whether he will continue into a 14th AFL season.

Gee, some memories in this thread! I will have to see if Utube can provide some Grover highlights:thumbsu:

Congrats to Grover, who, until this thread I thought was Italian:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already started...

Great! Boys?

He is one tough hombre. Very handy with the fists from all accounts.

I remember going down to pre-season training one year and Antoni was playing on Medhurst in a match simulation and before long Medders had had enough of the close checking and it was on! Neither took a backwards step but Groves being the slightly bigger unit got the upper hand. None of the players were keen to step between them but a plucky trainer ambled over and pulled Groves off Medders. Good to watch.

Wish I had $10 for everytime a BF poster announced Grover's career was finished since I first came on board in 2005. Reckon I'd have a lazy $1k easy.

Fine effort from a defender's defender.

Wish I had a dollar for every time you congratulated yourself for being on here for a long time.

Awesome achievement by Groves. The guy's a class act.

Is he the 1st indigenous player for us to reach the 200 club?

He is indeed the first Indigenous player to reach 200 games with Fremantle!!!Hopefully more great Indigenous talent to follow!!:thumbsu:

I love you Groves!!!! :) :heart: :heart: :thumbsu:

I'd love to find a pic of the time he dacked Jono Brown... undies and all... and Jono Brown being the tough man he is... there were no bike pants under his shorts and Groves bared Browny's big hairy arse for a whole viewing audience to witness and admire... lols
[youtube]VZvz21SDlu8[/youtube]

Good effort Antoni.
You're not only good at what you do you command respect.
I reckon you'll still be with us next year.

Wish I had a dollar for every time you congratulated yourself for being on here for a long time.

Hahaha, this is good. :D

Anyway, good onya Groves. 200 games is an awesome achievement. Lets hope the boys will lift a notch or 3 on the weekend to celebrate the honour with a win. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back