Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

I often make mention "Needing to see about the drainage in the lower fields" to get out of awkward conversations as a homage to Ralph and Ted

I wouldn't know about that, sir.

Ian played 19 games for the Hawks in 1974 and 1975 (the majority of those in 1975). He went to Richmond half-way through 1976 and ended up being dropped for the 1980 grand final for Daryl Freame. Spent most of 1981 in the reserves with Richmond then moved to Perth and played five games for East Perth in 1982.
Ian is his Uncle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha a memorable night! What a great honor!
Kokoda was everything it promised to be...great way to start his journey.

Good luck to Jack next year, hopefully gets a few games. Sounds like he might surprise a few with his skills. Thanks for the insights as well, a highly enjoyable read.

Honestly, Gromma, if I was a more abrupt guy, I'd question you on everything you spoke with Alistair Clarkson about. i.e. what did he eat, how many toilet breaks did he take, does he enjoy red wine.. and perhaps more pertinent; what his plans and hopes are for 2019.

But I'm not really an abrupt guy. *cough*

Good luck to Jack next year, hopefully gets a few games. Sounds like he might surprise a few with his skills. Thanks for the insights as well, a highly enjoyable read.
Once he settles into the game plan he will be a lock in the best 22 - provided he puts his injuries behind him.

The match footage posted during trade week was incredibly impressive: clean hands, fast and good decision making in congestion, reads the ball in the air, can take a mark and a beautiful kick rebounding from defence - the perfect combination of Birchall and Gibson in defence.

I am thrilled that we got him, let alone so cheaply!
Kane Cornes should investigate!

Let's just calm down and wait to see how things play out.

Should Birchall return, I'm not seeing a spot for the kid.

Agreed. Would be more than happy if Scrimmers can get his body fit and play a really solid year at BHH, with some exposure to the AFL side, in preparation for a break-out year in 2020. We have a lot of guys that can play as a small/medium defender, including: Scrimmers, Sicily, Birchall, Glass, Stratts, CJ, Mirra, Miles, Dimma, Impey, Greaves, Burgers....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back