Well looks like Taker/'Tista 3 might not happen

Remove this Banner Ad

AndyD

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
WWE World champion The Undertaker has suffered a torn bicep tendon and is scheduled to see a doctor (I'm guessing James Andrews, since they are in Birmingham, Alabama for TV tonight) today to have the injury examined. I was told by one person who has seen the injury that you can easily see where the torn muscle in his bicep has rolled up his arm towards his shoulder.

Credit: PWInsider

Edit

Mark "Undertaker" Calaway's expected long-term reign as World champion is in jeopardy, not because of a booking change, but because of a torn biceps suffered before Sunday's Backlash PPV match.

Calaway will be seeing Dr. James Andrews this afternoon, but is still scheduled to appear on tonight's television show which is conveniently in Birmingham, where Andrews' works out of.

He was in tremendous pain Monday morning after the match. Because of how the muscle has completely rolled up the arm, the belief is he suffered a complete muscle tear off the bone, which will require surgery and he'll be out six to eight months.

The original booking plan was for a lengthy Undertaker title run this year, and him working far more house shows than in many years. That's one of the reason he trained himself into getting so lean, which gave him added stamina and quickness on this run.

If it is at all possible, Undertaker does want to drop the championship in the ring, but that decision won't be made until Andrews sees him today.

Awwwwwwwwww s**t.

I'd assume that this would be close to his last reign as champion as well, since he'd be close to retiring, I have heard a lot of good reports from his match at Wrestlemania I haven't seen it but if a person I know who hates Undertaker says it was a good match then I guess he put on a good match.

Terrible thing to have him for him, hope things work out for him and he's back in the ring sooner.

If true, is bad news for Smackdown. Losing two of their best maineventers in the space of a month. (Taker and Booker). You'd automatically assume title will go to Batista. Hope he doesn't feud with Henry for it. I'd love to see Finaly get a go, deserves the title, won't win, but atleast give him a shot.

If true, is bad news for Smackdown. Losing two of their best maineventers in the space of a month. (Taker and Booker). You'd automatically assume title will go to Batista. Hope he doesn't feud with Henry for it. I'd love to see Finaly get a go, deserves the title, won't win, but atleast give him a shot.

The smart thing to do would be for taker to vacate the title due to his injury then have a tournament (like king of the ring maybe even add a few raw guys to compete) to decide the world champion. But i've got a feeling that say on smackdown taker will beat someone say Batista in a brutal type match, then Kennedy will come out for the cheap win.

Didn't Angle win the world championship in a battle royal/royal rumble a few years ago when Batista had to vacate the title.

Wow, are you sure you're a true fan Nerf?

Mr. Kennedy has the briefcase, remember that.
Well I woulda automatically said him, but given he just said he'll cash it in at WM24 (which I hope he still does), I didn't think they'd change that. But it is WWE and they could change the plan, but I still think he will cash in at WM24.

Just like the Batista incident against Mark Henry when he was forced to give up his title. Might see the same thing happening again with a battle royal determining who will be the next world champion.

I seriously doubt the WWE will wait almost a year for Mr. Kennedy to cash it in.
Why not? Wrestlemania is the grandest stage of them all. It's valid up until WM, so he can cash it in then if he wants. Just because you think he won't doesn't mean he won't.

True, but I think Mr. Kennedy himself doesn't want to wait until then now that The Undertaker is injured.

I see him cashing in within the next 2 or 3 PPVs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because you think he wont doesnt mean he wont
:D :thumbsu:

I know. But I would rather he cash in at WM24 because Wrestlemania is a better stage to win it on. But your right, they might be desperate and need someone to step up due to the loss of both Taker and Booker.

However I remain hopeful they don't use Kennedy because they 'have no other option'. Finlay is perfectly capable of stepping up, atleast up until Booker returns, which could be as early as June.

But, who knows what they'll do.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/kennedycountdown

Maybe they are gonna run with it?
Be honest, you'd love to see them go with it. When was the last time WWE actually went with a decent long storyline and stuck with it?
But that was put up before the news that Taker will miss 6 months, so I suppose anything could happen. I think we should get a good estimation on what's going to happen in a couple of weeks.

I think WWE might of been wanting Kennedy and Undertaker to main event WM with perhaps UT retiring somehow.

With UT out for a while maybe WWE will decide to make Kennedy cash his thing in after UT announces his injury (or they fake his injury on screen, perhaps at the hands of Kennedy) so it adds to the rivalry.

*********Spoiler*******

Highlight below to reveal:

Looks like Very shortly there will be Batista v Undertaker in a steel cage for the title where either UT will lose (unlikely) or he will retain but have Kennedy cash in and claim it allowing UT to have the surgery he needs.

Probably won't happen, but I'd love to see this as the storyline.

Ric Flair is built up slowly but surely over the year, starting off by beating Carlito a couple of times and then slowly working his way up. Everyone puts over how Flair's having one last dream run. Then, leading up to the December PPV (Armageddon?), he asks the face champion (someone like Cena) for one last shot at the title, to see if he still has it. Cena accepts, and at the PPV the Dirtiest Player in the Game beats Cena in a bloody, bruising encounter after a low blow, and locks him in the figure-four where Cena taps or passes out.

Flair then comes out the next night as Champion to a massive reception, breaks down in the ring and thanks the fans, but he's finally achieved being champion again and has nothing more to prove. He says that he won his first WWE/F title 16 years ago in the Royal Rumble, and wants to give the opportunity to another wrestler to do so. He retires and puts the title up for grabs in the Rumble.

In the Rumble, someone who hasn't won the title before who they've slowly pushed all year - whether it's a Benjamin, CM Punk, Carlito etc - wins the Rumble from #3. Flair comes out and congratulates the winner and they embrace - before Mr Kennedy comes out of nowhere, destroys both the exhausted winner and Flair, and says "that title's mine at WrestleMania". Leading to Kennedy winning the title at WM.

Something like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back