Prediction What do we want from Port in the final few games?

Remove this Banner Ad

At what point should players to take personal responsibility for improving their skills by foot and by hand ?
The answer imo. When you put your hand out to take the money as a professional footballer.
We know who the serial offenders are and it's a damning indictment on Ken that our skills are as flakey as our results.

Terry Wallace cops a lot of sh-t for the way his coaching career panned out, and some of it is justified, but he put a heavy emphasis on skills when he took over from Alan Joyce at the Scray and not only did they become one of the most technically-gifted teams in short order, but they were horribly unlucky not to win at least one flag across that 1997-99 period.

I still remember 2000 fondly, media was talking we should tank for a priority pick but instead we showed some backbone and beat two sides that played finals and the tingles in an away showdown. I still believe those last few rounds gave us the belief in ourselves to make a run at 2001-07.

So what I want to see for the remainder of this season is.... can't even bring myself to even try to compare the backbone in this group

Happy to see us lose every game and hear what excuses ken comes up with. That's more entertaining than watching us play now days.

I want to see us get our s**t together and play good consistent football and win at least 4 of our last five games. I want Travis Boak to get at least 10 Brownlow votes in our last five games too.

I'd like to see a few stab passes no more than 2m high for some of our inside 50m entries. Sick of seeing us bomb it to Charlie against 3, or bomb it to the shithouse so we can have a throw in.

We seem to lack blokes who can regularly do 15-40m low passes successfully. They love putting it over our forwards heads so that they get smashed or the oppo take an easy mark.

Off course I don't expect to see it. Full time footballers can't do every kick in the book - despite being full time. They don't do stab passes or droppies. They don't know how to do flat punts when its wet and the ball becomes slippery and a bit water logged ( wont get water logged pre ball in the bag behind the goal and mud days). They would rather spend time practice doing the Daicos Dribble, or doing a checkie on their natural leg rather than practicing on their non natural leg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back