List Mgmt. What to do with McCartin?

Remove this Banner Ad

We used Pick 1 on him. He's contracted until 2020. But we would ship him off for a 2nd rounder? That is just ridiculous.

His value is the lowest it has been right now. If he can get on the park then he will be a gun. No concussions this year is a positive. Look at how Brayshaw has developed this year since getting on the park.
You can't make him into roo.
I think part of the problem with the coach is that he can have a game plan but he also needs to bend that plan t players he has. Mcartin will be a great player if we play him to his strengths.

Hang in there Doc...…….I'm one year ahead of you....an extra year ahead in the torture stakes!

Yes.....it's been one hell of a tough year.....but there's 2 things that give me solace.

1-All our misgivings/failures/mistakes from the last 4-5 years are finally out there for all to see......everyone's suspicions have come to fruition.....and it's incredibly disappointing.

No more smokescreens or excuses...…..we all knew we had some serious list issues and Richo's tactical nous was being queried this year and last but what has panned out in various areas this year has shocked me.

Right....how do all these issues get fixed....that's what we want/need to hear...…...there are big problems but obviously they can be fixed with some time if the right decisions are made.

2-The Moorabbin complex...….this will ensure out long term future with facilities to rival any other club......we just have to get the off field stuff right to hopefully garnish the reputation that Sydney has.

If anyone hasn't already read Narkles post in the "roast" thread....post #8875....I strongly suggest you do....it's sobering reading.

There was an interesting piece on clothing on radio national the other week and the psychology in the way people dress effects how the see themselves. Moorabin hopefully gives them that sense of grow- up-ness. Richmond took a few years from when they upgraded their headquarters.

His concussion issues have been overstated IMO.

How so?

He’s had about seven in three years. They are high numbers. And in the context of professional sport bodies investing in all sorts of research regarding concussions, in addition to many ex athletes in a wide range of sports presenting with health issues, I would’ve thought that concussion would be something to worry about for McCartin.

How many AFL players have retired due to concussions or fears about the effects? Saints have had two in two years. All up there’s been about eight or so in this sport.

How so?

He’s had about seven in three years. They are high numbers. And in the context of professional sport bodies investing in all sorts of research regarding concussions, in addition to many ex athletes in a wide range of sports presenting with health issues, I would’ve thought that concussion would be something to worry about for McCartin.

How many AFL players have retired due to concussions or fears about the effects? Saints have had two in two years. All up there’s been about eight or so in this sport.

he doesnt have a brain

lol, how is that possibly offensive? If anything it's says the only way 7 concussions would be overstated is if he doesn't actually have a brain - an impossibility

you got it :thumbsu:

pity about old mate frothing at mouth in outrage

His concussion issues have been overstated IMO.
LOL
Concussion injury is currently one of the most serious issues in contact sports world wide.
Plenty of players retiring early in AFL just over the last few yrs.
Massive law suits overseas.
AFL takes it so seriously that all funds raised by tribunal fines go straight to concussion research.
But yeah Paddy's are overstated .:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do think Paddy has potential to make it however with the emergence of Roma and Battle as well as the return of Bruce he can’t be focal figure up front without really having a presence. It’s tough as his body and athleticism means he relies on very clean ball use otherwise he is beaten and very easily rebounded on; one thing that opposition teams looked to expose frequently in 2017.

For me in comes down to a few things;

1. Can me improve our ball movement and delivery inside 50
2. Can Paddy consistently become a ‘1 grab’ player ala Hawkins/Brown.
3. Can he fit in our forward 50 and compliment the likes of Bruce/Membrey/Battle/Roma?

The first point should take care of itself with new coaching staff and more confidence for the players. The second point, 1 grab player, is an interesting one. To me, the one thing that will stop Paddy is his forward pressure, or lack of. If he is isolated deep he needs to win the contest otherwise teams rebound agressively off him, as we’ve seen the last few years. The answer to that is simple, either mark the ball or bring it to the advantage of our smalls. I think we have seen enough from McCartin to suggest he can be a 40 goal a year forward if he remains fit and has some continuity. I remain optimistic however the balance of a dynamic Roma/Bruce/Battle forward 3 may be more suited to the modern game.

Hawks have missed out on Lynch offer Paddy for their 1st round pick and run

And what did defactos post have to do with you? Hahaha

Who's defacto never heard of/him/her? just another fake name on a forum, now go away your spoiling my beer.

Move on and grow up, i wont reply again.

We have Bill Brownless hosting our trivia night tonight so i will squeeze him to see if he has any goss on Paddy to Geelong as a few have suggest maybe possible
From what i was told last night , paddy is not going to Geelong , Bill is a ripper of a guy and very funny , hates a froffy too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back