What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like BT. he is a buffoon, he gets names wrong, he calls teams 'putting themselves in front' when they were already up by a point, but hes a laugh and he clearly loves the game. commentary doesnt mean the world to me, i can see for myself whats going on, and im cool with BT.

I can't stand the constant references to seemingly all footballers and coaches by their nickname or some stupid variation of their given or first name, especially by people who don't even know these people.

"Jakey", "Lukey", "Bevo", "Clarko", "Horse" etc. It sounds ridiculous.

Horse is a variation of his first name?

i like BT. he is a buffoon, he gets names wrong, he calls teams 'putting themselves in front' when they were already up by a point, but hes a laugh and he clearly loves the game. commentary doesnt mean the world to me, i can see for myself whats going on, and im cool with BT.
I actually really liked BT when he was on fox.

He tries too hard to be an entertainer on seven, although i think he's improved this season.

- I Like GWS

- I hate double chances in finals (finals are about performing on the day). I prefer a knockout final-10 which gives less home and away dead rubbers.

- I want Sydney to beat the Doggies this week

- Sydney's COLA has virtually no impact on on-field performance when you consider the dozens of other more important variables that go towards being a good team.

- Jobe Watson should keep his Brownlow because the AFL tribunal is the only body which determines eligibility for the Brownlow medal, and the AFL tribunal said "not guilty." WADA don't determine Brownlow medal eligibility - only the AFL tribunal does.

- Luke Hodge is a really good player, but he's actually a bit overrated.

- a yellow ball should be used for all games at all levels of the game all the time (its brighter, easier to see, and better for viewing)

- I like Tony Abbott and hope he becomes PM again.

- The Star Wars Prequels (all 3 of them) were all better than The Force Awakens, and all 3 had tons of originality, unique environments and action. The Force Awakens was overrated rip-off garbage that played to nostalgia, and hence has zero re-watchability once the nostalgia factor wears off.

Jobe Watson looks like the biggest dork with that stupid feminism cap on. It has 'I need attention and live my life on girly social media' written all over it.

I agree. I like Jobe, but on this occasion he has wussed out big time. Unfortunately he looks to have been seduced by a left-wing cause by that new missus of his.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why but I get really irritated by those little kids giving out the premiership medals. I hate those dorky caps too
It annoys me too. It is the pinnacle of a player's career and they have to undertake an awkward transaction with an uncoordinated 4 foot human for PR purposes. Just have a past club great hand the medals out. It would mean more, be less patronising, and allow the player to act in a natural manner during the greatest moment of their footballing life.

I agree. I like Jobe, but on this occasion he has wussed out big time. Unfortunately he looks to have been seduced by a left-wing cause by that new missus of his.
Given the criticism he has received, I would have thought it the opposite of wussing out, besides, maybe he isn't saying anything beyond, I like this hat?

Bruce mcavaney really wet towels my enjoyment of watching the footy on TV.

If you need to keep asking Dennis how good everyone is Bruce maybe you could do some homework or light reading on the sides playing prior to bounce down, or maybe even you could go back to the swimming or rugby league or some other s**t sport that people don't really care much about.

Maybe now that Cometti has retired you could also quietly slip away Bruce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back