What will happen if GWS beat Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWS were in their first year in the comp back then. Losing to them now is nothing like that as they are a vastly more capable team this year, as Sydney found out (as did Melbourne, who have likewise been vastly more capable this year, hence beating Richmond, yet they got comfortably beaten by GWS).
We'd have come a lot closer to beating GWS as well as your mob if we'd had Chris Dawes in then. On current form I'd back us in a replay. Sydney too were a completely different side when they played GWS. There's a reason GWS haven't won a game since, they haven't played any sides in as bad form.

What should happen.Richmond should tank and finish last, in saying that we may finish there on form:p After all the AFL still encourages "Tanking" by still handing out high draft picks and constructed soft fixtures the lower you finish on the ladder the previous season.

Reckon if Cameron tells his players to back their athleticism and attack, they'll beat Richmond. We can't kick any sort of score.

This game reminds me so much of round 8 2010, Hawthorn went into the game 1-6 facing a winless Richmond outfit. Mitchell pulls off a season saving tackle, Hawthorn go on to win by 3 points, if Richmond had of won that game it's more than likely Clarkson would of been sacked and changes needed to the playing list over the next few season would of never occurred. Doesn't matter how Richmond win long as they show true grit and faith in their coach and gameplan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS wont win this. they will scarcely win a game all season now, They went hard early now they are pretty much cooked. Mummy takes a good 2-3 rounds to start being effective again after an injury and i suspect they have rushed back quite a few.

in fact apart from the lions game i cant see them winning another game all year.

This guy will be back.

http://redracer.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/richmond-s**t.jpg

one angry Tiger fan drove a truck up to Punt Road and dumped about $600 worth of chicken manure at the front door, saying the players deserved it “because they played like chooks”. At that time the coach, St.Kilda legend Danny Frawley, waited until the media left and gathered it up and took it home for his garden, which subsequently flourished

This guy will be back.

http://redracer.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/richmond-s**t.jpg

one angry Tiger fan drove a truck up to Punt Road and dumped about $600 worth of chicken manure at the front door, saying the players deserved it “because they played like chooks”. At that time the coach, St.Kilda legend Danny Frawley, waited until the media left and gathered it up and took it home for his garden, which subsequently flourished

The brightside is that the tigers kept the record of the chicken s**t being dropped off but unfortunately essendon lost the records from there special delivery's :p

I doubt the pressure will come on Hardwick. Surprisingly, they seem to be committed this time to a coach who could bring them some semblance of success.

But I imagine it will call for an honest look at the clubs position and the list.

Vickery, Grigg, Thomas, Houli, Chaplin, Hampson & Morris would have serious ? over them.
Riewoldt is a bigger ?

To be honest though, all this will come win or lose.

GWS could have a crack, but they are a year or two away still from being a serious threat week in week out.

The media will love it for the coverage. Forums will go into meltdown. However I feel the club has the maturity now to not over-react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back