Review Where’s Biff? Dees v Handbaggers: Good, bad and fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

We deserve everything that's coming to us. We paid Grundy who is a spud 600k a season who we don't even need and offers nothing to the forward line.
We needed some injury cover for Gawn. But not necessarily Grundy.

De Koning would have been an option this year, IF we had waited. Maybe we could have got by with just Scache, for this season.

We could've used that 600k to squeeze a forward out of another club. Oh well.
True. And its likely 600K, Per every Yr.

Ratugalea might have been an option forward, IF Grundy wasn't avail'.

to the Good.

May - our best defender by a 10 Nautical Square miles.

Grundy - getting better with body positioning, and directing taps.

Viney - all guts and held our midfield together.

Rivers - in career best form.

Salem - back in strong form.

Hunter - fair effort.

Hibberd - important defence, but not his best.

McVee - trying to feed off his teammates.

Petracca
- heavily tagged and molested, without help from Umps.

Spazz - defends first. Goes unnoticed.

Smith - needing another tall around him. Better last night. Signs of improvement.

van Rooyen - Needs regular heavy support.

Petty - needs some settled footy up forward.

Neal-Bullen - a product of mids around him.

Middling

Spargo
- Struggling with tall structural issues, up forward.

Chandler - can't blame him for dysfunctional forward half.

Fritsch - more effort at opponents, last night. Needs more support, and better structuring of talls.

Brayshaw - Is a great reader of play defensively, but IS the TURNOVER KING.

to the Bad hurting our momentum

Gawn - couldn't catch a cold in a Chinese wet market. Use more aggro Max. Fearful since knee scare. Sitting on 2021 laurels.

Lever - imv, a front runner. Overrated in today's changing game. Held it together last night, but too often leads us back under pressure too often. Clear to boundary side Lever. Loves a slow game but then we struggle across centreline.

Pickett - Stop flying for mark of the century, and stay grounded. Use your legs for running. Not jumping, unless to halve a contest.

Langdon - is back in his FREO safety shell. Seems happy with 2021. Find your space and width Langers.

Jordon - struggling for a position.

Van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen, Petty, Chandler, Fritsch and Brayshaw were absolute poo 💩 last night.

Van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen, Petty, Chandler, Fritsch and Brayshaw were absolute poo 💩 last night.
To do with the structure, and ball entries.

And Kozzy playing deep, one on one, is too junior footy.

We lost this off field, last night.

Our main issue is coming off halfback, across centre, and the way we use it. the setup inside F50 is for us to bomb the ball in high is just too wasteful.

Yep. 17 other clubs would kill for our list and we're going to ******* waste it.
Don't know about 17 other teams. Reckon Port, the reigning premiers Collingwood and even Brisbane would be pretty bloody happy with what they have compared to us

"I think Petracca in my opinion is their best forward" :$

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

A small side note but I thought we used the sub poorly last night. Spargo is a gut runner, not a burst player and was a poor sub option. As was subbing off a runner for another runner in the wet when our backline was too tall - only to be slaughtered in the last on the counter.

The last quarter collapse was team wide, but still, poor plan and poorly executed when there was a golden opportunity to get an edge with Geelong having to use their sub early.

We needed some injury cover for Gawn. But not necessarily Grundy.

De Koning would have been an option this year, IF we had waited. Maybe we could have got by with just Scache, for this season.

True. And its likely 600K, Per every Yr.

Ratugalea might have been an option forward, IF Grundy wasn't avail'.
Buku Khamis would've been better than what we have too. He would've been cheap too.

Don't know about 17 other teams. Reckon Port, the reigning premiers Collingwood and even Brisbane would be pretty bloody happy with what they have compared to us
Collingwood especially on paper we are much stronger than (on paper only.) Its amazing how much better average footballers look when put into a system that's humming..i.e Spargo, ANB, Sparrow in 21'. You put any of Collingwoods bottom 10 in our clunky, outdated broken system and they become VFL footballers immediately.

Collingwood especially on paper we are much stronger than (on paper only.) Its amazing how much better average footballers look when put into a system that's humming..i.e Spargo, ANB, Sparrow in 21'. You put any of Collingwoods bottom 10 in our clunky, outdated broken system and they become VFL footballers immediately.
Not much stronger. Not even close to much stronger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're arguing for the sake of it now. The point is we are way less than the sum of our parts & that's on Goodwin.
Not arguing for the sake of it. You were saying we were the best team in the league. We aren't the best team in the league we have a same same midfield and a horrible forward line. Our best back is looking closer to the edge and our best ruck the same. Could be more pain before it gets better with us

Just curious, Ben Brown on $500,000 a year but playing in the VFL.. what's the go? JVR has shown some promise but looks a bit tired..

Not arguing for the sake of it. You were saying we were the best team in the league. We aren't the best team in the league we have a same same midfield and a horrible forward line. Our best back is looking closer to the edge and our best ruck the same. Could be more pain before it gets better with us
that's the opposite to the point I was making. The point I was making is we aren't close to the best teams in the league, but with the list we have we should be.

that's the opposite to the point I was making. The point I was making is we aren't close to the best teams in the league, but with the list we have we should be.
What does 17 teams would kill for our list mean? Sounds like every team rates us as the best list

Just curious, Ben Brown on $500,000 a year but playing in the VFL.. what's the go? JVR has shown some promise but looks a bit tired..
Just has his 100,000 k service , or serously had fluid drained off a knee . Time will tell if Goodwin recalls him .

Explain to me how Ben Brown would do any better than JVR is with the way we deliver the ball into the forward line

Plugger looking pretty fit these days, reckon we can coax him out of retirement?

He'd be no good for us, we dont want our forwards to lead. Need to take contested pack marks vs 4 opponents

What does 17 teams would kill for our list mean? Sounds like every team rates us as the best list
I was agreeing with schmuttt point that we accept near enough as good enough after Gawn said 15 teams would kill to be in our position. All I'm saying is our list should be capable of much more than what we're dishing up. You may not agree and that's fine.

I was agreeing with schmuttt point that we accept near enough as good enough after Gawn said 15 teams would kill to be in our position. All I'm saying is our list should be capable of much more than what we're dishing up. You may not agree and that's fine.
I do agree it's capable of more. I also think we don't have the best in the league and we need to accept that. There's alot of issues with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back