NFL Where Does Roethlisberger Rate if He Wins His Third Super Bowl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Where does Roethlisberger rate if he wins his 3rd Superbowl?

In which order do you rate them all Zarko?
Hard to say, but gained massive massive respect for Brady this year. I mean, I knew he was good and all, but this year, he just took it to another level. I perhaps don't have the hatred attached like some may (Given 2007 :p) but yeah...

Based purely on now I would rank them

Brady
Peyton~Brees
Roethlisberger

Roethy can be all over the place, but it's hard to shoot down his credentials.

Ben Roethlisberger is the 21st Century version of Terry Bradshaw.

Qb'd great Steeler teams with superier leadership with only better than average personal statistics.
Thats why statistics aren't really worth looking at. You see his stats from yesterday, and think he had an average game, but he was probably the most important Steeler on the field all day.

Thats why statistics aren't really worth looking at. You see his stats from yesterday, and think he had an average game, but he was probably the most important Steeler on the field all day.

:thumbsu: I'm quite pleased to see you have greater appreciation for Big Ben these days Z man. Something Dirty Bird does NOT.

I rate Ben as a Quarterback but I mean there are some big name QB's that don't have Super Bowl rings (Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon to name a few that I can think of) so I don't think a QB should be rated any higher or lower if his team hasn't gone all the way..

I rate Ben as a Quarterback but I mean there are some big name QB's that don't have Super Bowl rings (Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon to name a few that I can think of) so I don't think a QB should be rated any higher or lower if his team hasn't gone all the way..

Fair point. But you have to wonder why the Colts have only managed to play in only TWO Super Bowls while Peyton Manning has been 'the premium QB' for much of the modern era.
His Colts have been First or Second seeds on just Four occasions!! :eek:

With Dan Marino, the Fins got to the Big Dance in Marino's second season despite being First or Second seeds also on FOUR occasions.

With Fran Tarkenton, two back-to-back Big Dance appearances later in his career with the Vikings, having led his teams to be First or Second seeds also on Four occasions.

With Jim Kelly, we all know about the four consecutive SB losses (1990-93)
but not all SB campaigns were from first & second seeds. Funnily enough, the Bills also accomplished the 1st & 2nd seeding on Four occasions ALSO!!

There seems to be a distrubing pattern here folks. ;)

What the deal with Dan Fouts? I'm glad you asked.

Well, No Big Dance appearances for the Chargers. Only two back-to-back #1 seeds (79-80) is all Dan Fouts' teams could muster.

How about Warren Moon then?
Surprisingly only led his teams to just TWO Division titles. :eek: (both with Oilers). Only reached #2 seed as his highest team play-off ranking (1993). His highest passer rating in the NFL was 96.8 in 1990.

Before the start of the 1989 season, Moon was given a five-year, $10 million contract extension, which made him the highest paid player in the National Football League at that time. :eek::eek::eek:

Moon's post-season record, a dismal 3-7. 0-4 in Divisional games.

For those wondering about Boomer Esiason, TWO Division Titles, he also led the Bengals to be the #1 AFC seed in the 1988 season, reached the Big Dance only to be denied by the Niners & Joe Montana's final drive.

Quick 60sec ReCap of SB XXIII
[YOUTUBE]FeC2OTWPYhY[/YOUTUBE]

Boomer Esiason 3-2 in play-off games.

Whether they win or not, Roethlisberger is the best closer in the game right now and better than everyone except Brady.

If i had to pick a QB to win me a super bowl i'll go this order

Brady
Ben
Rodgers (not a big fan)
Eli
Brees

peyton is a regular season QB imo.

a quarterback, is a quarterback, is a quarterback

it doesnt matter how good one is, but if you dont have anything around you, you're ****ed.

Most people would rather have Matt Ryan leading their team to a superbowl then Mark Sanchez, but Sanchez has team mates he can rely on to help him out in close playoff games.

It's shown in the past.

New England, Brady, with a good defence - 3 championships in 4 years, the defence ages and they're struggling to win games in playoffs (what is it now? 3 straight playoff losses in 3 or 4 years?)

In Indy, Manning was always good, but when you come up against the good teams in the playoffs you need an all round to team to win. Indy always seemed to choke in playoffs each and every year against good opposition, but the 1 year they won the title, they pulled off a minor miracle and got Sanders onto the field, which improved that defense immensly, and gave the Colts that all roudn team.

The Quarterback is only 1 peice of puzzle, like, (IMO) Bradford is a better QB then Flacco, but look at the support the Ravens have, they have a D that can keep a playoff calibre team to sub 20. They have a running game to kill the clock and tire down defences.

There is too much of a focus on quarterbacks these days.

If you wanted a QB to win a superbowl, i'd instantly have to go for someone who has proven cool under pressure late in games. In order, the 7 I'd look at are, Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Ryan and Young. 3 are great, 3 are good, 1 is average, but they'll win games late for you under pressure. Just give them a great team around them and they'll do something great (something that Manning, Brees and Ryan don't have the luxury of, and Young hasn't the last year or 2)

But if you wanted to jump on 1 team that has the key ingredients team wide to win the superbowl, jump on a team like the Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Packers and Eagles.

4 of those 5 have great running games
All 5 have great defences
4 of those 5 have great quarterbacks.

All round teams who'll win. It's all you need, I'd beleive there is more chance in Young winning a superbowl with the Jets then Manning winning one with Atlanta.
It's about the whole team.

The Quarterback is only 1 peice of puzzle, like, (IMO) Bradford is a better QB then Flacco, but look at the support the Ravens have, they have a D that can keep a playoff calibre team to sub 20. They have a running game to kill the clock and tire down defences.

To use Bradford as an example, you're underrating the influence of a great QB has.

Rams in the 3 years before they drafted Bradford: 6-42

Rams in their first year with Bradford: 7-9

Most of that difference can be attributed to Bradford.

There is also the fact that in the years before Bradford came the Rams were improving as a whole, and the QB was the crowning peice of their rebuild

Bradford did improve them, but Lauranaitis getting better, Atogwe staying healthy, Hall exploding, and Long playing great certainly helped the D.
Plus Smith getting better, and drafting Saffold improved that OL and kept defenders away from the QB, and helped in the running game.

Bradford did help, but the Rams improved in lots of areas last year and it's been building for a while now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradford was great this year. him and colt are the 2 best QB from the last 3 years out of the draft.

EDIT: did you have to post Byron, now I have to edit this with
Bradford was great this year. him and colt are the 2 best QB from the last 3 years out of the draft.

:rolleyes: (seems to be a very popular emoticon to your posting recently)

Bradford would be top 3, argueably top 2 (I'd have Stafford as the best QB from the last 3 drafts, but his injuries might derail his career :(:thumbsdown: with Ryan as the #2 - Bradford is better short, but Ryan is better in play action and better deep, which is argueably more important)

McCoy on the other hand, yeah, would be behind Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Bradford, Tebow and Freeman, that's just off the top of my head.

There is also the fact that in the years before Bradford came the Rams were improving as a whole, and the QB was the crowning peice of their rebuild

Bradford did improve them, but Lauranaitis getting better, Atogwe staying healthy, Hall exploding, and Long playing great certainly helped the D.
Plus Smith getting better, and drafting Saffold improved that OL and kept defenders away from the QB, and helped in the running game.

Bradford did help, but the Rams improved in lots of areas last year and it's been building for a while now.
Be honest, do you watch the Rams or just read about them and view stats then view attributes on Madden?
Have you seen Bradford play it long or do play actions or are you just assuming things?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back