Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

4-5 years is a stretch.

With classy mids like LDU, Simpkin, Phillips already on the list it’s a good start.
Padding out peripheral roles is not hard to do, when you’ve got class in the middle.

2021 will be a big year of learning and development for the new coach and refreshed group, but it won’t be 4-5 years before it clicks unless the coach is a failure.

North Melbourne desperately need some key position players but their midfield does seem to be shaping up nicely.

Gee times are tough at the Hawks when you’re hanging your hat on Tom Phillips as an acquisition.
Absolute potato of a player. Soft, outside ball-watcher who can't kick and disappears when there is any heat. Hawthorn supporters actually thought guys like Phillips and Frost were going to help them avoid the hole.

Hawthorn's list is in dire straits.

Us by a long way!! Imagine thinking you’re a chance to win a game of afl football with Connor Nash and Tim O’Brien as two of your main forwards or Kyle hartigan and Sam as frost as your two key backs!!!

Hawthorn need to start to aggressively go to the draft in these next 2 seasons not trade away their picks or it could get ugly they need an injection of talented youth, 1 big free agent/trade isn't going to make a difference.

Hawthorn need to start to aggressively go to the draft in these next 2 seasons not trade away their picks or it could get ugly they need an injection of talented youth, 1 big free agent/trade isn't going to make a difference.
It gets ugly by just scrapping any player with currency, we haven't traded in players of any great cost for 2 years.

The strategy has already changed.

Gotta be the Hawks they are in all sorts. Id also almost lean towards Geelong as well... If they dont win this year I think they are royally screwed. Great list on paper for this year but there is going to be some pain to come soon... They do however recruit and develop better than anyone so I am interested to see what they have up there sleeves

it's north and it isn't close

adelaide is a bit of a false dawn, they've been competitive off the back of walker, sloane and laird who are near the end.
North are playing the kids and at least have some young kids that look ok. Hawthorn have an experienced and terrible midfield with a horrendous forwardline. A couple of young HBFs coming on but its looking pretty bare from a talent front from what we can see at AFL level (not sure what is going on at box hill). That CJ bloke is a electric however

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta be the Hawks they are in all sorts. Id also almost lean towards Geelong as well... If they dont win this year I think they are royally screwed. Great list on paper for this year but there is going to be some pain to come soon... They do however recruit and develop better than anyone so I am interested to see what they have up there sleeves
I don't understand why people picking North. They've at least got a crew of talented youngsters coming through. I'd be inclined to say
1. Hawks
2. Geelong
3. Carlton

Hawks are looking dire right now, even when all their big name recruits are playing well they're still bog ordinary

Pies anyone?

They have the oldest team with massive holes in their squad. They can't do a rebuild on the run now with the state of their list so they'll need to go full rebuild.

They might bottom out in another 3 years or so and if that's the case then they won't be competitive for the best part of a decade.

Pies anyone?

They have the oldest team with massive holes in their squad. They can't do a rebuild on the run now with the state of their list so they'll need to go full rebuild.

They might bottom out in another 3 years or so and if that's the case then they won't be competitive for the best part of a decade.
Yep very true would be in the top 3 for sure

I wouldn’t want Freo’s list. They’ve got the best midfielder in the comp whilst also having the worst midfield

not close to a flag in the near future and are almost starkers for a graders medium to long term judging output so far

the only potential A graders going forward I can see are Hogan and Alex Pearce who are constantly injured, Luke Ryan and maybe A Brayshaw although he is quite limited
that's the spirit. Fight the good fight 💪 you Freo lover LoL.

Do you agree that Freos future is bright...... As bright as my bumhole lol

I think Hawthorn are in the worst spot. Loads of deadwood.
North not far behind but probably 12 months ahead in a rebuild.

Looking forward Geelong would be starting to worry surely

Day Gunston Sicily are 3 of our best 10 players.

And we matched it with Melbourne Geelong and Freo for 3 quarters each.

Day and sicily are out for this season...even if they were in the team, we would still finish bottom 4..they played last season and we won 5 games... “but hubs...” “last season doesn’t count”... tell that to Richmond and their supporters.

Gunston will definitely help, especially with his leadership, which is what our forward line needs more than anything, but he isn’t going to be the difference in us winning and losing games...

We better hope we beat Adelaide this week, because other than when we play north Melbourne, which will be a 50/50 game, we will be lucky to win another game this season.

Day and sicily are out for this season...even if they were in the team, we would still finish bottom 4..they played last season and we won 5 games... “but hubs...” “last season doesn’t count”... tell that to Richmond and their supporters.

Gunston will definitely help, especially with his leadership, which is what our forward line needs more than anything, but he isn’t going to be the difference in us winning and losing games...

We better hope we beat Adelaide this week, because other than when we play north Melbourne, which will be a 50/50 game, we will be lucky to win another game this season.

Then youd really be in your environment.

How often do teams only win 1 game in a season ?

Back