• Carlton

Votes: 81 35.5%
  • Geelong

Votes: 88 38.6%
  • Richmond

Votes: 59 25.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What's happened to Ryan, Rioli & Cumberland?
I thought Ralphsmith was showing signs early in the season but has completely dropped away.

I think Ryan has an injury, Rioli needs to pull his finger out and they are developing Cumberland to put on more defence pressure in the forward line.

For picks 40, 51 and 43 respectively they are performing as expected. Lots of potential as well especially for Ryan. They are 22, 20 and 22 years old. Not sure why you keep wanting to pick on kids who weren’t high in the draft. Have some class.

Last edited:
I think Ryan has an injury, Rioli needs to pull his finger out and they are developing Cumberland to put on more defence pressure in the forward line.

For picks 40, 51 and 43 respectively they are performing as expected. Lots of potential as well especially for Ryan. They are 22, 20 and 22 years old. Not sure why you keep wanting to pick on kids who weren’t high in the draft. Have some class.
Seen footage of Rioli going to bench over weekend and he refused to take phone call (looked in foul mood) from coaches box which may have been coach but not sure, just a shocking look, if I was coach he wouldn't be playing this week and wouldn't get back into side until he has change of attitude when things don't go his way, that kid has got issues.

Seen footage of Rioli going to bench over weekend and he refused to take phone call (looked in foul mood) from coaches box which may have been coach but not sure, just a shocking look, if I was coach he wouldn't be playing this week and wouldn't get back into side until he has change of attitude when things don't go his way, that kid has got issues.

Yep disgusting. I would’ve gotten a backhander from my parents if I did that. We should keep him in the VFL for a bit.

Geelong's next generation can't be that bad. 10 players 26 y.o or younger picking up coaches votes this season: Holmes, Miers, Close, Stengle, O'Connor, Z.Guthrie, Ratugolea, Bowes, J.Henry and O.Henry.

6 such players for Richmond: Taranto, Hopper, Rioli, Balta, Baker and Ross.

Geelong's next generation can't be that bad. 10 players 26 y.o or younger picking up coaches votes this season: Holmes, Miers, Close, Stengle, O'Connor, Z.Guthrie, Ratugolea, Bowes, J.Henry and O.Henry.

6 such players for Richmond: Taranto, Hopper, Rioli, Balta, Baker and Ross.

But of a quality difference though in our favour and Gibcus would be up there if he wasn’t injured all season.

But if a quality difference though and Gibcus would be up there if he wasn’t injured all season.
The point is that the depth of players coming through and showing good signs is absolutely there for Geelong. Miers, Close and Stengle all averaging over 2 combined goals/assists a game this season. O.Henry 1.94. Some pretty young defenders on that list, plus De Koning.

Richmond have a great little core. It'll be interesting to see who steps up and joins them.

The point is that the depth of players coming through and showing good signs is absolutely there for Geelong. Miers, Close and Stengle all averaging over 2 combined goals/assists a game this season. O.Henry 1.94. Some pretty young defenders on that list, plus De Koning.

Richmond have a great little core. It'll be interesting to see who steps up and joins them.

Jack Henry's beginning to recapture his best form too. 24 yrs of age and a very versatile player.
There's a lot of hype surrounding Balta who is a solid utility but I think Henry's a better footballer and has the potential to become an All Australian backman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Henry's beginning to recapture his best form too. 24 yrs of age and a very versatile player.
There's a lot of hype surrounding Balta who is a solid utility but I think Henry's a better footballer and has the potential to become an All Australian backman.
I really like Henry and can see him reaching AA also at some point in his career. I think Balta has more weapons and has shown a lot at 23 years old. If he can win more 1-1 contests to go along with his elite intercepting, he'll be quite the player. at 27% 1v1 loss, it's not up there with Henry (13%) or the best 1-1 defenders.

I wouldn’t swap Richmond’s list with Carlton or Geelong .

Geelong are falling off a cliff, there best players are in their mid 30s

Carlton are perennial disappointments

Richmond’s best players this year are

Taranto, balta, Bolton, baker, rioli All young and still improving

Still heaps of premiership players with plenty of football still in them , flossy, nank, prestia, grimes, broad, graham short

Young players with potential, Ross, Clarke sonsie Ryan, mrj, Miller , ralphsmith

Then of course you have the goat who has had a terrific season and is only getting better through the year

Cotch Riewoldt won’t limp to the line either , hopper is a class act

Gibcus the best it out young talla, lynch the best kpf in the league

Lots to like ,
Coach looks like he will be given the job full time as well.
Remind me of how many Richmond under 22's made the 40 man league squad?

Samson Ryan, a solid ruck/forward prospect whose ceiling will probably be around Neale's for Geelong.

Even the ancient Cats managed a KPD, a wingman/midfielder and a prolific goal scoring forward in the squad.

The Tigers have a solid batch of 24-28 year olds but not too much in the older or younger brackets. By the time they hit 30 plus it's hard to see who else will be supporting them.

I really like Henry and can see him reaching AA also at some point in his career. I think Balta has more weapons and has shown a lot at 23 years old. If he can win more 1-1 contests to go along with his elite intercepting, he'll be quite the player. at 27% 1v1 loss, it's not up there with Henry (13%) or the best 1-1 defenders.

I can't see Henry NOT being All Australian. But we knew that going in, he is a Geelong player, they give you your AA jumper as soon as they recruit you. :)

I can't see Henry NOT being All Australian. But we knew that going in, he is a Geelong player, they give you your AA jumper as soon as they recruit you. :)
Tom Hawkins will be retired in 2 years time and in 2036 the cats nuffs will still be campaigning for him about how unselfish he was in the AA threads.

Saw one of their posters suggest the most goal assists each year should have an award called the 'Hawkins Medal' to go with the Coleman and Brownlow

Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Kreuuuzeurns - I hope you're not going early in revisiting older posts...

Remember Carlton's finish to 2022?
Funny how you couldn't find a blues fan for love nor money in June.
Now they're everywhere arrogantly espousing flaggers and dynasties. Their skipper is 29 by round 1 next year and has played 0 finals.

Tom Hawkins will be retired in 2 years time and in 2036 the cats nuffs will still be campaigning for him about how unselfish he was in the AA threads.

Saw one of their posters suggest the most goal assists each year should have an award called the 'Hawkins Medal' to go with the Coleman and Brownlow

Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Colin Carter levels of delusion that. :tearsofjoy:

Funny how you couldn't find a blues fan for love nor money in June.
Now they're everywhere arrogantly espousing flaggers and dynasties. Their skipper is 29 by round 1 next year and has played 0 finals.
We were all in Greece mate. Losing to the Dons is enough reason for an emergency Euro trip any year.

Back