Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

giving away lots of 50s leading to carlton goals, maybe teach your talent the rules?
North Melbourne has the best youth in my opinion

No, you don't.

Maybe if you're a genuine basketcase like North...but most clubs do not require 12 first round picks to build a core.

You've grossly mismanaged your list if so, and you're using Melbourne & Carlton as an example. Not exactly where you want to be taking inspiration.

Adelaide's problem hasn't been the amount of picks, it's been who they've picked. You substitute Jones & McAsey for Butters & Serong/Day and they'd be close to leading this thing...but hindsight is king.

Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond & built dynasties without close to the amount of picks you're referencing. Collingwood & Geelong constantly contend without those picks, and until recently, West Coast where the same.

I really like what North are building...but let's not pretend like you've got the blueprint and have sorted things out yourselves.

This could have all been avoided - or finished years ago - if your club wasn't a shambles, and you're still a long way off yourselves.

Hawthorn started later. It shouldn't be this close, but through shrewd list management, development, and so on, they've caught up very quickly.

Errrr melb won a flag in 2021, carlton is top 4 so there ya go, bad examples.

You need to be bad enough for long enough to purge all the underperforming oldies to build a new list.

No club can get away from this formula.

Yes, he is the captain and very useful half fwd plus mid. Although not elite but will be a great support to the youngsters.
Not sure he is a half forward and can see him not getting a look in as a mid as the young players improve and push in there

Not sure he is a half forward and can see him not getting a look in as a mid as the young players improve and push in there

Well, from memory, he started off his career as an inconsistent half fwd until 2018 where he got put into the middle. During the covid years, he stepped up as the midfield mainstay. Now, we have a lot more mids, simpkin still has a role as a midfield rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to be bad enough for long enough to purge all the underperforming oldies to build a new list.

Right, so I give you dynasties as examples and you give me 1 whole premiership and a team in the top 4 in March.

Good to see we're on the same page.

Right, so I give you dynasties as examples and you give me 1 whole premiership and a team in the top 4 in March.

Good to see we're on the same page.

I don't consider club that cheats salary caps with free 3rd party real estates as a dynasty...

North haven’t made finals since 2016. So that’s a top 10 pick for the last 9 years. Plenty of bottom 4 finishes in that time.
Have had multiple bouts of AFL assistance.

How long do they need to purge all the under-performers? And why are they replacing them with only midfielders? 1 AFL standard KPP from the above is a joke.

North haven’t made finals since 2016. So that’s a top 10 pick for the last 9 years. Plenty of bottom 4 finishes in that time.
Have had multiple bouts of AFL assistance.

How long do they need to purge all the under-performers? And why are they replacing them with only midfielders? 1 AFL standard KPP from the above is a joke.
According to old mate they've got it all figured out, and are now giving advice to other supporter bases on how to rebuild.

There are some definite green shoots...but they're a mile off still.

If we're to use your mob as the measuring stick like he's trying to, then they are probably at Blues circa 2019. That's still a long way from 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back