Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything is possible but how you can be so definitive when you finished below 2 of them in 2021 and you have a new coach, is beyond my comprehension.
Last year's dumpster fire of a pre season cooked our season from there is was one thing after another. The season before we beat WCE in a final in WA. The board stuff has been sorted out and apart from the JDG incident, the vibe around the club is great.

Cos your list is rubbish

you finished 2nd last this year and didn’t really improve your list

Don't think the Pies list is as bad as most think, but i still think they will struggle in 2022, esp under a new/rookie coach.

It will be a development and change of culture year which will mean short term pain for long term gain

Cos your list is rubbish

you finished 2nd last this year and didn’t really improve your list
Not true. Lipinski Daicos & Krueger improved our list. Stabilising the club under new leadership will also drive improvement after last year's instability. A better run with injury would also help.

Not true. Lipinski Daicos & Krueger improved our list. Stabilising the club under new leadership will also drive improvement after last year's instability. A better run with injury would also help.

Settle down there, 2 VFL players & 1 eighteen year old aren’t going to improve you much in 2022.

They’ll get a few injured players back which will feel like new recruits.
Moore comes to mind. He’ll want a big year in his contract year…
Potentially no De Goey

Moore, Adams and Howe are the only ones that played less than 18 games that would genuinely improve them

4 AA would help any team, let’s be honest.
Very unlikely they won't lose 1 or 2 quality players to some long term injury plus already the De Goey issues. Moore has had 1 season where he has played more than 18 games, Howe will be 32 next year.

Again. I wouldn't read too much into us finishing second last this season. The dumpster fire pre season and all the speculation around the coach and the board hampered us . Not having all that BS going on should see a dramatic improvement. Our list is not the second worst in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again. I wouldn't read too much into us finishing second last this season. The dumpster fire pre season and all the speculation around the coach and the board hampered us . Not having all that BS going on should see a dramatic improvement. Our list is not the second worst in the comp.

It's a list without a genuine key forward.

With some older stars and some kids who look like they could be decent.

In the middle demographic (the most important one) 3 best 22 players were shipped out due to salary cap issues, the most dynamic and talented player on the list likely won't play for the club again and your other best player can't stay fit for a full season.

There is a hole in the Pies list that will take some time for the two recent draft hauls to be mature enough to fill.

No hate towards Collingwood whatsoever. Just a realistic view of the current situation.

Compare that to my own club who are apparently wooden spoon favourites....
That middle demographic is literally full of our best players and leaders (Mitchell, Sicily, Wingard, O'Meara) with two exceptional forwards (Gunston and Breust) leading a young but talented forward group.
On top of that I'll happily state that our recent draft acquisitions easily equal the Pies, so I don't see youth being a deciding factor.

Still a head scratcher to me that more people expect us to finish last than Collingwood. I can only guess that it's people who believe Clarko was the Messiah and could do no wrong.

Last edited:
Neg Guy really did a number on the Pies list.

Do they have an up and coming key forward or key defender that look the goods? No one comes to mind.

Cameron is 26 and might eventually be a B Grader. Quaynor is about their only established player under 25 who looks like he's going to be a star. Poulter and Macrae may do, but they've only played a handful of games each. Henry looks ok, but they really need a tall forward. Not sure Lipinski is a great pick up, and the jury is out on Krueger.

Looking at their best 22 from AFL.com, the spine is quite thin going forward.
Pies fans will be really hoping that Moore stays fit and doesn't leave as a FA at the end of 2022.

B: Brayden Maynard, Jordan Roughead, Jack Crisp
HB: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
C:
Josh Daicos, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Jordan De Goey, Brody Mihocek, Oliver Henry
F:
Will Hoskin-Elliott, Darcy Cameron, Jamie Elliott
FOLL: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Patrick Lipinski
I/C: Nathan Kreuger, Trent Bianco, Beau McCreery, John Noble

Just expecting team and club morale to boost you is expecting a lot.

Collingwood will be a bottom 4-6 team and injuries will play a big part in where amongst that group they finish.

Just expecting team and club morale to boost you is expecting a lot.

Collingwood will be a bottom 4-6 team and injuries will play a big part in where amongst that group they finish.
In 2020 we finished in the 8 and won an interstate final. We then tumbled to 17th the following year because of bad morale. No reason why good morale won't see us go back up the ladder. People really are underestimating what a destabilising effect: last year's trade period, racism scandal and sacking of Ed and Bucks had on the club. The speculation on DeGoey didnt help either. But hopefully this year's drama with him will be resolved before the season starts.

In 2020 we finished in the 8 and won an interstate final. We then tumbled to 17th the following year because of bad morale. No reason why good morale won't see us go back up the ladder. People really are underestimating what a destabilising effect: last year's trade period, racism scandal and sacking of Ed and Bucks had on the club. The speculation on DeGoey didnt help either. But hopefully this year's drama with him will be resolved before the season starts.

Bad morale or giving away Stephenson, Treloar and Phillips for peanuts ?

Bad morale or giving away Stephenson, Treloar and Phillips for peanuts ?
Losing Treloar definitely hurt our output. The other two not so much. Fortunately for us we seemed to have done alright in the subsequent trade period with most of the young players we brought in.

Neg Guy really did a number on the Pies list.

Do they have an up and coming key forward or key defender that look the goods? No one comes to mind.

Cameron is 26 and might eventually be a B Grader. Quaynor is about their only established player under 25 who looks like he's going to be a star. Poulter and Macrae may do, but they've only played a handful of games each. Henry looks ok, but they really need a tall forward. Not sure Lipinski is a great pick up, and the jury is out on Krueger.

Looking at their best 22 from AFL.com, the spine is quite thin going forward.
Pies fans will be really hoping that Moore stays fit and doesn't leave as a FA at the end of 2022.

B: Brayden Maynard, Jordan Roughead, Jack Crisp
HB: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
C:
Josh Daicos, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Jordan De Goey, Brody Mihocek, Oliver Henry
F:
Will Hoskin-Elliott, Darcy Cameron, Jamie Elliott
FOLL: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Patrick Lipinski
I/C: Nathan Kreuger, Trent Bianco, Beau McCreery, John Noble
probably why they're playing nick daicos off the HB line.
Its the most crucial position on field and you need good ball users.

Losing Treloar definitely hurt our output. The other two not so much. Fortunately for us we seemed to have done alright in the subsequent trade period with most of the young players we brought in.

You must be the one person on BF who thinks Collingwood have done well trading and with the draft over the last couple of years.

I would take North, Hawks and Adelaide's lists over Collingwood in a heartbeat.

Especially when considering talented youth, it's essentially Daicos, Quaynor and a bunch of maybe players. At least Ned Guy is gone and they can do a proper rebuild.

Be interested to read the thoughts of Crows fans about their kids ? This seems now to becoming a North v Hawks banter thread.

Crows backline minus Doedee going forwards does worry me quite a bit actually.

I can see them leaking more goals than the Hawks or Roos next season.
I think the addition of Dawson from the Swans will steady the ship down back substantially!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back