Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah I just don’t see the point of including Hawthorns scrap heap of unproven rookie selections in what is a talent discussion.
Yet you’ve put forward Edwards and Comben. Irony overload with every post of yours.

Possibly but it is genuinely very hard to play on the number 1 key forwards and have an expansive offensive game, if he somehow develops in to that i will put my hand up and say i was wrong. I really don't see it happening though.

He has some great tools that make him a great match up on the gorilla forwards, he will be able to go toe to toe with them on the lead, in the air and in a wrestle. Think that would be a great result for North to be honest.

He’s not better than May, so I was a bit off there, but yeah him, Andrews would be fighting it out. Obviously Moore is a gun too but he isn’t very good one on one which is basically the job of a defender these days IMO.

With North’s decade long rebuild going so so well, a limitless amount of young guns at its disposal what are some of their supporters expectations for next year? Come on go out on a limb …….. maybe top of the ladder ……. in the bottom 4 group!

We have to be 2-0 or we could be 0-14.

Nothing to see here for another year.

No one is overly excited about anything going on at North except our midfield, and given the draft equity we’ve used on it, it should be red hot in a few years.

We have plenty of work to do, I’m not so interested in top 8 until we are good enough to compete, which honestly should be 3 years from now.

We are entering year 5, unlike you we don’t have the luxury of Clarkson winning us games from the box.

Yet you’ve put forward Edwards and Comben. Irony overload with every post of yours.

Managed to find a spot for Perez, Ford and Goater but not Bramble, Brockman or Hamill who have actually shown a bit at the level.

Doedee, Hardwick and Milera also the same age as McKay but no mention.

Certified troll.

Well I did, didn’t I? At least I think I did.

In fact have any of Lewis, Kosi or Jeka won a frosty at age 20?

Just asking.
Waving around a point every one agrees with (Larkey > others) is an odd move.

He’s not better than May, so I was a bit off there, but yeah him, Andrews would be fighting it out. Obviously Moore is a gun too but he isn’t very good one on one which is basically the job of a defender these days IMO.

We have to be 2-0 or we could be 0-14.

Nothing to see here for another year.

No one is overly excited about anything going on at North except our midfield, and given the draft equity we’ve used on it, it should be red hot in a few years.

We have plenty of work to do, I’m not so interested in top 8 until we are good enough to compete, which honestly should be 3 years from now.

We are entering year 5, unlike you we don’t have the luxury of Clarkson winning us games from the box.
See I see it the other way, I think 1 on 1 defence is probably less important than it ever has been.

With any combination of defensive pressure from the mids and a well organised defensive 50 you can limit the number of times a key forward is able to get 1 on 1’s with his opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not everyone agreed with that though. In fact a hawks supporter said he’d take the odds that all of Jeka, Lewis and Kosi would be better than Larkey.
Not all, but it’s highly likely one of them will, as he’s not as untouchable as you like to pretend he is.

370EBD3E-9099-478F-8202-7BDB4B6A19BE.png E86797E1-67B9-4A5E-9CD9-2889A0A4F7A9.png B2EE4AFB-0136-43B4-BAC5-9966BBBE0746.png

I'm happy to concede that Larkey is ahead for now. The galling part of the 'ranking' (and the reason Larkey was first raised, as he is appropriately rated at #2) is that Lewis isn't even listed in the top 10 (for either talls or forwards) at all. Given the similarities to Larkey in the above comparison, the fact that guys like Comben and 0 gamers are rated more highly is laughable.

I'm happy to concede that Larkey is ahead for now. The galling part of the 'ranking' (and the reason Larkey was first raised, as he is appropriately rated at #2) is that Lewis isn't even listed in the top 10 (for either talls or forwards) at all. Given the similarities to Larkey in the above comparison, the fact that guys like Comben and 0 gamers are rated more highly is laughable.
I thought that Lewis was too old for this list forgetting that he was 3 picks after Larkey. I still have Lewis ahead of any of the other Hawthorn tall forwards.

See I see it the other way, I think 1 on 1 defence is probably less important than it ever has been.

With any combination of defensive pressure from the mids and a well organised defensive 50 you can limit the number of times a key forward is able to get 1 on 1’s with his opponent.

goals being so hard to come by these days, I disagree.

if an opposition forward kicks 5, you lose.

so all the defensive

That just shows you what a dolt you are.

The poster said if they were redoing the draft, I assume English is your first language.

why don’t you read the post?

redoing the draft takes into consideration potential, it’s based on potential, sure there are biases thrown in, but perhaps wait until you see Comben in round 1 before making an assessment.

Just as I will make my assessment on Day in round 1, not that I could pick him out of a line out of you offered my $1m, but I’m sure he’s ok. I mean, I’m he’ll likely be on Jason or Thomas or Zurhaar, against the bottom team, you’d expect him to be able to dominate his position.

redoing the draft takes into consideration potential, it’s based on potential, sure there are biases thrown in, but perhaps wait until you see Comben in round 1 before making an assessment.
Apparently potential only really comes into it if they wear a North jumper though, eh?

I mean we’re not allowed to mention Jeka or Brockman, who both have put up better games at AFL level than Comben but aren’t to be mentioned in here.

No mate, it’s Larkey, then 1 game wonder Comben with his 1 goal average, and Zero game Edwards….no need to bring any other players into this discussion. 😂

That just shows you what a dolt you are.

The poster said if they were redoing the draft, I assume English is your first language.

why don’t you read the post?

Just as I will make my assessment on Day in round 1, not that I could pick him out of a line out of you offered my $1m, but I’m sure he’s ok. I mean, I’m he’ll likely be on Jason or Thomas or Zurhaar, against the bottom team, you’d expect him to be able to dominate his position.

I'm a dolt? I understood the premise of the post quite clearly thank you.

I accurately highlighted the fallability of the approach taken to underscore the obvious bias being demonstrated - as posters of all clubs (excluding North) have recognised.

I suggested Larkey had demonstrated that pick 2 may be befitting of what he has shown so far for the sake of a re-draft, I then went on to highlight the similarity between his performances and Lewis' which evidences that whilst Larkey is ahead, the gap is not significant.

To then not have Lewis top 10 at all (demonstrating a huge gap between the players) and prefer players who have not earnt selection for a single game yet (and were taken in a mid season rookie draft) and another player who has managed 6 disposals and 1 goal at AFL Level and only managed 1 game in the VFL in 2 years due to injury - is frankly, laughable. Especially when another Hawthorn player, who has legitmately dominated at vfl level, is also excluded altogether. For a player who has 1 ok game at VFL level and 1 poor game at AFL level in 2 years to be rated higher (even on potential) than a proven AFL performer requires a significant amount of bias, however you look at it.

The rest of your post was just trolling.

Last edited:
To put my above post in an even clearer context, Lewis kicked more goals in the AFL this season from his 14 games than Comben has had possessions at VFL and AFL level combined in his entire career thus far.

Therefore, what is being used to rate Comben (even his 'potential') higher?

Photos from training? Intra-club form?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back