Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But still, LDU was clearly your best player.

And how is McKay even with missed games not top 10?

Noble must of seriously been a ******* stain, because this is ridiculous.
McKay either got injured mid game or missed a fair few games in the first half of the year, he would have easily been top 5 otherwise

Oh and while I’m here…

JHF > Ward
Goater > MacDonald
Curtis > Butler

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
Why do you do this to yourself? You're setting yourself up to get trolled for eternity making these calls

Sure. Our list is very young, but our average age each week wasn’t particularly young as we have a whole bunch of 23/24 year olds, who are now our best players, and 6/7 older guys each week, that as a collective are the worst group of older players in the comp, by a margin. And then a bunch of 1/2/3 year players.

Greenwood for example shouldn’t be playing much footy at afl level next year with Cunnington back. Walker won’t be there, who played just about every week. Hall probably won’t get a contract. As I mentioned ziebell didn’t deserve to play at afl level based on his performance for half the year.

Goldy is really the only player over 27 that is someone the oppo has to worry about.

Yes, I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact I very much agree. I'm just saying that when all your older players are rubbish, having a lot of younger kids in your B&F top 10 isn't just about having good young talent. It is also partly about having no good old talent to provide competition for the top spots in your B&F, so they are being filled by kids - some of which would definitely not get a top 10 spot at most other clubs in the competition.

Your top 10:
Simpkin - 24
LDU - 23
Scott - 22
Goldstein - 34
McDonald - 27
Larkey - 24
Zurhaar - 24
Corr - 28
Greenwood - 30
Young - 23

Goldstein, Corr, Greenwood and you've got a few 24s here. (McDonald to an extent, but we've got Sicily)

While ours for example, would probably be.

Sicily - 27
Newcombe - 21
Moore - 23
Hardwick - 25
Lewis - 23
Mitchell - 29
Morrison - 23
O'Meara - 28
Scrimshaw - 23
Breust - 31

Just a guess, but we've got Breust, O'Meara and Mitchell and you've got Goldstein, Corr & Greenwood.

Though there's a few here which could go anyway for us, Breust could be slightly higher, O'Meara could be lower, Mitchell could go up 1, but Lewis could also go down one realistically due to missing games, though i think the top 4 will stay that way.

The narrative is always that Hawthorn rely more on their elder players than North, which is why they're currently better.

Which just isn't true, because it's about the same.

The average for your top 5 is 26.
Our average age for the top 5 i've put there is 23.8, even if you replace Lewis with Mitchell it's still 25 on average.

The whole top 10 for you is 25.9
Our whole top 10 is 25.3
Hawthorn has not even held their best and fairest.

Can you and psicosis stop trying to out-nuffy each other.

Hawthorn has not even held their best and fairest.

Can you and psicosis stop trying to out-nuffy each other.
... I'd be shocked if that wasn't our top 10 (obviously not in complete order) but it'll be around that.

Don't act all high and mighty xx

Uh oh.

He's gone full Dom.

And they have the cheek to hang s**t on the outrageous stuff written by some of our supporters in this thread....
Its a forum

Dumb s**t gets called out

Your supporters do say outrageous stuff

As do ours (shown by the this current page)

Can't wait til finals finish and North players suddenly magically get better.

Funny how North players standing improve when they actually aren't playing games.

* the Grand Finals I wanna see Psicosis and Dom in a battle of minds, hell in the cell style.

Its a forum

Dumb s**t gets called out

Your supporters do say outrageous stuff

As do ours (shown by the this current page)

There's called out, then there's constant winging for 6 months about a few comments made in pre-season.

Look forward to just posting about Dom, ad nauseam for the next 25 weeks.

Funny how North players standing improve when they actually aren't playing games.

* the Grand Finals I wanna see Psicosis and Dom in a battle of minds, hell in the cell style.

And there it is, like clockwork, ding ding ding.....

I think you all must set daily reminders.

I love Psicosis

I’ve spent my last few posts saying that our older group of players is by far the worst in the league.

And they’ll probably get even shitter over the pre season.

Your top 10:
Simpkin - 24
LDU - 23
Scott - 22
Goldstein - 34
McDonald - 27
Larkey - 24
Zurhaar - 24
Corr - 28
Greenwood - 30
Young - 23

Goldstein, Corr, Greenwood and you've got a few 24s here. (McDonald to an extent, but we've got Sicily)

While ours for example, would probably be.

Sicily - 27
Newcombe - 21
Moore - 23
Hardwick - 25
Lewis - 23
Mitchell - 29
Morrison - 23
O'Meara - 28
Scrimshaw - 23
Breust - 31

Just a guess, but we've got Breust, O'Meara and Mitchell and you've got Goldstein, Corr & Greenwood.

Though there's a few here which could go anyway for us, Breust could be slightly higher, O'Meara could be lower, Mitchell could go up 1, but Lewis could also go down one realistically due to missing games, though i think the top 4 will stay that way.

The narrative is always that Hawthorn rely more on their elder players than North, which is why they're currently better.

Which just isn't true, because it's about the same.

The average for your top 5 is 26.
Our average age for the top 5 i've put there is 23.8, even if you replace Lewis with Mitchell it's still 25 on average.

The whole top 10 for you is 25.9
Our whole top 10 is 25.3

Gunston?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played really only 15 games, got injured at 1/4 time of another one. Might see Lewis miss the top 10 team for the same reason. Maginness might be a chance for top 10 as well, coaches always love those type of players

Played really only 15 games, got injured at 1/4 time of another one. Might see Lewis miss the top 10 team for the same reason. Maginness might be a chance for top 10 as well, coaches always love those type of players
Finn maybe, Gunston no didn’t play enough games and had a lean patch in the middle of the season.

Lewis was way too good in too many games to drop out.

So top 10 in the B&F

Sicily - 27
Newcombe - 21
Moore - 23
Hardwick - 25
Mitchell - 29
Lewis - 23
O'Meara - 28
Maginness - 21
Morrison - 23
Scrimshaw - 23

Mitchell will probably be gone but I'm content with that spread. Amon comes in

Hopefully next year Ward and Day step up into the top 10

So top 10 in the B&F

Sicily - 27
Newcombe - 21
Moore - 23
Hardwick - 25
Mitchell - 29
Lewis - 23
O'Meara - 28
Maginness - 21
Morrison - 23
Scrimshaw - 23

Mitchell will probably be gone but I'm content with that spread. Amon comes in

Hopefully next year Ward and Day step up into the top 10
Breust not being in was surprising but just outside is fair, but my god that's young, especially in comparison to North, no 30 year olds.

We'll have 1 next year most likely and it's Breust.

Breust not being in was surprising but just outside is fair, but my god that's young, especially in comparison to North, no 30 year olds.

We'll have 1 next year most likely and it's Breust.
Frost and Wingard turn 30 next year. As does Mitchell but he is likely to be elsewhere

Frost and Wingard turn 30 next year. As does Mitchell but he is likely to be elsewhere
Frost is 30 in almost September, plays most of the year out as 29 + he's probably not a lock for best 22.

Wingard is 30 in August, so again most of the year as a 29 year old.

But even then to have let's say 2 best 22 players be 29 turning 30 & one being 30+ is an unreal POV youth wise.

You need experience, it's why North is so shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back