NFL Which Team Will Win the Super Bowl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Road to the Superbowl...recap

The thing tho is that last year Indy specifically bolstered their D. Pretty much their whole first half of the season, if not more, Peyton was throwing less, they were running more, and were relying more on their D. Deliberate attempt by Dungy. Manning threw for less only because they tried to become more D-orientated to fix up the excessive reliance on the O which cruelled them the previous playoff years.

They even went 13-0 or whatever. They were THE favorite team if there's ever been one. They were up against a wild card Steelers who really they should've put away. Tragic non-Football matters aside. When on the field it's business. There are 50 guys on the roster, a good portion of them should/would have stepped up regardless.

However, you could ALMOST excuse that 14-2 or 15-1 type season for failing because - a) Minnesotta bombed in the 90's, b) Pittsburgh, having beaten NE and Philly (all 15-1 teams) the year prior, bombed that year.

But you'd think last year, a non-rookie QB, but actually a 5 year verteran passing legend, and this stiffened D, and no 15-1 type teams challenging them, they should have done better.

for sure and they got jumped. came home with a storm but the damage was done from memory. they are still largely that same team from last year and that is why I feel they can step it up if they are focused... make no mistake Baltimore have to stop Manning, and its not as easy as you guys seem to imply. He is a machine and when they are clicking no one comes close.

Baltimore stuff the run, they absolutely kill it, get guys around the ball everywhere. If your going to attack them anywhere its by air... they can only do so much, it comes down to 1 on 1... its gona be good!

Re: Ed Reed lurking...patiently

make no mistake Baltimore have to stop Manning, and its not as easy as you guys seem to imply. He is a machine and when they are clicking no one comes close.

Baltimore stuff the run, they absolutely kill it, get guys around the ball everywhere. If your going to attack them anywhere its by air... they can only do so much, it comes down to 1 on 1... its gona be good!

Yup much antiticipated. If there was such a dream match up situation, it would be a Steelers-Indy rematch...I mean, our D didn't really do much wrong this season, Ravens are on the same level, perhaps a step better.. I 'd be surprised if Manning doesn't get his rattled early as the Ravens are ultra aggressive in pass rush. Sure, Manning will find holes but one poorly directed pass = TAKING BACK TO THE HOUSE ! :)

Yup much antiticipated. If there was such a dream match up situation, it would be a Steelers-Indy rematch...I mean, our D didn't really do much wrong this season, Ravens are on the same level, perhaps a step better.. I 'd be surprised if Manning doesn't get his rattled early as the Ravens are ultra aggressive in pass rush. Sure, Manning will find holes but one poorly directed pass = TAKING BACK TO THE HOUSE ! :)
perhaps? c'mon woodson, definitely a step or two better

and you are right, one bad pass in the no throw zone (otherwise known as ed reed) means trouble, also don't underestimate rookie dawan landry (brother of highly rated saftey laron - picked by many to be in or around the top ten in this years draft), he has been awesome this year and probably the best rookie safety, yet he hasn't got the same press and guys like ko williams or whitner, who didn't perform as well but due to their higher draft pick were talked up more

this game is gonna be big, and it is gonna be even bigger if we win after having to put up with danielz_23's man crush on manning and the colts all week, i am a ravens fan and havent talked up my team anywhere near as much as he has talked up a tema he doesnt even support

In that second game, we trailed 14-7 and Willie Parker fumbled inside the 10... that turnover was the real KILLER... momentum is what makes the better teams a superior team. The Steelers D didn't get enough turnovers as much as previous seasons but I don't think we are that far ;) behind... two steps is going to be one step too many for Peyton on Sunday. :) Enjoy dspeed.

this game is gonna be big, and it is gonna be even bigger if we win after having to put up with danielz_23's man crush on manning and the colts all week, i am a ravens fan and havent talked up my team anywhere near as much as he has talked up a tema he doesnt even support

I'd say about 10 steps better this year.

Unfortunately you'll have to hear about my man crush for another week after they win... then it will turn to the Brady vs Manning debate again.

All I've been doing is giving the Colts some love... for a very good team which they are... no doubt, I dont think they are getting any respect. They didnt get it last week vs the Chiefs which I thought was a joke, it turned out the Cheifs were the joke... just as I told you... and now none this week.
I've seen a few 'expert' tipping columns and the game is split 50:50... However here its 99:1. 1 will prevail ;)

Manning is capable, their D is capable make no mistake... Baltimore D is capable... but is the offense... ponder that thought until Sunday

So many of these arguments have been based about whats happened in the past in terms of short fallings but I'm looking at what each team is capable of because when the games starts its 0-0, the past counts for nothing however it has shown Manning is capable of fantastic games, it shows he has beat the Baltimore defense, it shows the Colts can play D... and it shows that the Baltimore offense has been less than spectacular this year which is a concern coming up against a team which may put the points up!

So much focus on how to stop Manning but I've very rarely seen it done. Some people have made it sound like its so clear cut... however it has to happen for the Ravens to even have a 'chance' thats why I dont understand your guys logic. Rather than questioning if Manning is good enough, shouldnt we be focusing on whether the Ravens are good enough to stop Manning? and then outscore him...

Manning will show up and play well... 99.9% of the time he does, so why are you guys arguing with me about the .1% when he doesnt... it all comes down to the other matchup I obvioulsy...

Even on the remote chance Baltimore stops the Colts offense (ie. to 17 points) can they! capatilise on it?! Jamal Lewis (convict) and Air (not so much) McNair... nah not for me

Have a good weekend guys. I'll no doubt be back on Sunday to discuss the results... have that thread waiting for me

I'd say about 10 steps better this year.

Unfortunately you'll have to hear about my man crush for another week after they win... then it will turn to the Brady vs Manning debate again.

All I've been doing is giving the Colts some love... for a very good team which they are... no doubt, I dont think they are getting any respect. They didnt get it last week vs the Chiefs which I thought was a joke, it turned out the Cheifs were the joke... just as I told you... and now none this week.
I've seen a few 'expert' tipping columns and the game is split 50:50... However here its 99:1. 1 will prevail ;)

Manning is capable, their D is capable make no mistake... Baltimore D is capable... but is the offense... ponder that thought until Sunday

So many of these arguments have been based about whats happened in the past in terms of short fallings but I'm looking at what each team is capable of because when the games starts its 0-0, the past counts for nothing however it has shown Manning is capable of fantastic games, it shows he has beat the Baltimore defense, it shows the Colts can play D... and it shows that the Baltimore offense has been less than spectacular this year which is a concern coming up against a team which may put the points up!

So much focus on how to stop Manning but I've very rarely seen it done. Some people have made it sound like its so clear cut... however it has to happen for the Ravens to even have a 'chance' thats why I dont understand your guys logic. Rather than questioning if Manning is good enough, shouldnt we be focusing on whether the Ravens are good enough to stop Manning? and then outscore him...

Manning will show up and play well... 99.9% of the time he does, so why are you guys arguing with me about the .1% when he doesnt... it all comes down to the other matchup I obvioulsy...

Even on the remote chance Baltimore stops the Colts offense (ie. to 17 points) can they! capatilise on it?! Jamal Lewis (convict) and Air (not so much) McNair... nah not for me

Have a good weekend guys. I'll no doubt be back on Sunday to discuss the results... have that thread waiting for me

FYI - I tipped the Colts earlier in the week.

Also, just quickly....danielz_23, you were saying all this fuss on trying to stop manning, but it not often done, and how the ravens D still has to happen.....

Something to consider is that Manning is one guy, while the Ravens D is numerous guys. Sure, there's the impenetrable OL. But I mean, they just have to put Manning off his game, as at some point a pass has to ensure. Some pressure, tight coverage, great confusing defensive schemes, etc. If the Ravens cover the receivers well enough and Manning is forced to hurry, especially the heat of the battle, 3rd and long situations, then he will push passes or go for that little extra, which may result in INTs or just a shtload of incompletions on crucial downs.

Also, just quickly....danielz_23, you were saying all this fuss on trying to stop manning, but it not often done, and how the ravens D still has to happen.....

Something to consider is that Manning is one guy, while the Ravens D is numerous guys. Sure, there's the impenetrable OL. But I mean, they just have to put Manning off his game, as at some point a pass has to ensure. Some pressure, tight coverage, great confusing defensive schemes, etc. If the Ravens cover the receivers well enough and Manning is forced to hurry, especially the heat of the battle, 3rd and long situations, then he will push passes or go for that little extra, which may result in INTs or just a shtload of incompletions on crucial downs.

Danielz is pushing the ticket to 'get on the Manning bandwagon' early so he can lead the charge. Somebody has to cover that base. I agree g.g., don't
think Danielz has taken into account how ruthless & aggressive the Ravens D will be when it comes down to the CRUNCH. If Danielz wants to keep harping on last weeks game...well, do we need to remind him that 3 INT were thrown and the RAVENS will also PUT PHYSICAL PRESSURE on Manning which is something the Chiefs were NOT expected to do and really didn't. 9-0 up at HT vs the Chiefs. A BIG WORRY !! McNair >> Trent Green.

Re: Which Team will win the Superbowl?

With one day remaining on this poll, I'd find it HILARIOUS if Seattle won the SB. We should all hang our heads in shame if that's the case. >> Go Bears damn it...:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back