Preview WHO can we Target

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a key defender still to take them slow ruckman or big bodied backman.

Options:
Mitchell Brown - West Coast Eagles
Nathan Brown - Collingwood
Cale Hooker - Essendon
Matthew Warnock - Melbourne

Probably a key defender still to take them slow ruckman or big bodied backman.

Options:
Mitchell Brown - West Coast Eagles
Nathan Brown - Collingwood
Cale Hooker - Essendon
Matthew Warnock - Melbourne

Those suggestions are very unlikely and would be ridiculously over-valued by their teams, bar maybe Warnock who probably wouldn't get a game anyway (Josh Hill = 1st rounder remember :rolleyes:). The players you want to target are players like Jayden Post (only an example but I like this kid), take a leaf out of Sydney's book.

Port Adelaide players will be jumping off in droves after this year, Clarko's phone will be running hot with players wanting out.

They look very ordinary under Primus.

Not that I would generally enter into these discussions until September but I would be looking at only Tayte Pears (Essendon) and throw the kitchen sink at Mitch Clark so we can have a real "hybrid" ruckman. If he goes anywhere at all though you would think it would be back to perth but hey, throw some good money at the guy and tell him to come and play for a premiership contender for a change.

Just out of curiosity, when do you think the club starts looking at next season.

They're constantly looking ahead. When I was at Waverley recently a 'bunker' room was pointed out where all of the prospective player 'research' was done. I was told, 'I've never been in there'. I think he was serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like going after really good players that have just had a quiet season (e.g. Burger). It's puts their price down a bit (although didn't seem to in that case)

Nothing worse than picking up a player at the peak of their powers only to see them deliver less than that.

Also would consider picking up a ruckman. It just takes far too long to develop a ruckman. 5-6 years before they're physically ready, and even then they might be horribly ineffective as a player. Although, Lowden/Bailey/Grimley should be hitting regular senior time some time next week.

Would love to see LeCras in our side by the way. What's his price?

I like going after really good players that have just had a quiet season (e.g. Burger). It's puts their price down a bit (although didn't seem to in that case)

Nothing worse than picking up a player at the peak of their powers only to see them deliver less than that.

Also would consider picking up a ruckman. It just takes far too long to develop a ruckman. 5-6 years before they're physically ready, and even then they might be horribly ineffective as a player. Although, Lowden/Bailey/Grimley should be hitting regular senior time some time next week.

Would love to see LeCras in our side by the way. What's his price?

Next week, awesome. Lowden and Bailey V Cox & Nic Nat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back