• Duggan

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot Reid, Elliott. If we want to fix our forward line recruit a crumber and mids that can deliver it to the forwards better.

Reid only played a couple of games this year, plays his best football at CHB. Elliot will play more a midfield role next year. I will be very happy with either Laverde, Pickett or Wright with pick 5. I think we need another good quality forward option and Wright or Reece McKenzie would be perfect next to Moore and Cloke.

I think because there are a lot of good midfielders we could get at pick 30 and 48 we could get another tall forward option at pick 5. If we're interested in Reece McKenzie and if we think he will be still available at pick 30, than I'm more than happy to go with Laverde or Pickett at pick 5. I'm sick of going to games and seeing Cloke double teamed by the opposition and no other targets to kick to. Another good tall forward has the potential to prolong Cloke's career also.

Reid only played a couple of games this year, plays his best football at CHB. Elliot will play more a midfield role next year. I will be very happy with either Laverde, Pickett or Wright with pick 5. I think we need another good quality forward option and Wright or Reece McKenzie would be perfect next to Moore and Cloke.

I think because there are a lot of good midfielders we could get at pick 30 and 48 we could get another tall forward option at pick 5. If we're interested in Reece McKenzie and if we think he will be still available at pick 30, than I'm more than happy to go with Laverde or Pickett at pick 5. I'm sick of going to games and seeing Cloke double teamed by the opposition and no other targets to kick to. Another good tall forward has the potential to prolong Cloke's career also.

Thats why reid is playing forward, to help out cloke.

We dont need reid back, otherwise we should of traded one of brown/keeffe/frost if we wanted him in the backline again

Not fussed with either wright/laverde/lever/langdon, all worthy of pick 5 in my opinion. But all i know about them is what i see in video clips so i guess im only seeing them at their best.

Elliot will play more a midfield role next year. .

If this happen it's poor coaching IMO.

He is our best small forward. He is a nightmare match up because he is freakish overhead with his leap and he is quick enough at ground level.

He is being wasted in the midfield when his goal output is what we need. He is an elite forward in the making. I don't mind him spending some minutes here and there up the ground but he needs to be playing within 50-70m of goal. This is where he does his best work for himself and team.

If this happen it's poor coaching IMO.

He is our best small forward. He is a nightmare match up because he is freakish overhead with his leap and he is quick enough at ground level.

He is being wasted in the midfield when his goal output is what we need. He is an elite forward in the making. I don't mind him spending some minutes here and there up the ground but he needs to be playing within 50-70m of goal. This is where he does his best work for himself and team.
You wouldn't like to give him the chance to fulfill his own wish and play in the midfield before labeling it poor coaching? Maybe seeing what he has to offer in the midfield before writing it off as a bad move would be a good idea too.

You wouldn't like to give him the chance to fulfill his own wish and play in the midfield before labeling it poor coaching? Maybe seeing what he has to offer in the midfield before writing it off as a bad move would be a good idea too.

He's 21! He's got a decade to fufill that wish.

We need another sub 180cm mid like a hole in the head ATM whereas we have a severe lack of goalkickers! It is an absolute no brainer that he spend the season forward of centre.

Thats why reid is playing forward, to help out cloke.

We dont need reid back, otherwise we should of traded one of brown/keeffe/frost if we wanted him in the backline again

Not fussed with either wright/laverde/lever/langdon, all worthy of pick 5 in my opinion. But all i know about them is what i see in video clips so i guess im only seeing them at their best.
I agree with what you say, but I would add the proviso that if we get Wright at pick 5, we need to get another mid at pick 30. If we get Laverde at pick 5, we should aim to get a tall forward at pick 30.

That's a fair question, they traded franklin out after 2 flags so even if they're past their use-by date people will pay stupid odds for a good big man. Look at Footscray and this Giant bloke.

Just on that they didn't trade him out.

9 year 10 million dollar super offer that they were unable and unwilling (which I wouldn't of either) to match had him leave, he will be 37 when he retires from Swans still on over a mil a season.

I do agree the market value shows how important they are too sides.

Last edited:
Mike, what about Shannon Taylor, he is a risk but he has first round talent and we can pick him up late in the draft or even as a rookie.
http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=699088

Shannon's results as an under-age player in the 2011 AFL National Draft combine are off the chart:
2nd in Standing Vertical Jump (cm) 76 cm
4th in Running Vertical Jump (cm) 88 cm
1st in the 20 m sprint 2.86 sec
3rd in agility run result 7.99 sec
5th in the repeat sprints 24.23 sec
http://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/testing-draft-results-2011.htm

They just have to get him fit and he will not cost us pick 5.

How's his forward footy nous? Good at crumbing off packs, slippery to tackle? good side step, good vision to spot up others in the f50? goal accuracy? flair?

Nice athleticism but what else do we know of him?

He's 21! He's got a decade to fufill that wish.

We need another sub 180cm mid like a hole in the head ATM whereas we have a severe lack of goalkickers! It is an absolute no brainer that he spend the season forward of centre.

I agree. I remember watching a game this year where he was playing up in the midfield for a few minutes and he looked very lost and turned the ball over with poor decision making. Stay forward.

Elliot will still spend most of his time down back and Keeffe's rebounding ability allows us to play Reid in the forward line. I think even with out Moore we have good key fey position stocks. If we want a Key position I'd rather Reece Mckenzie or McCartin to slide as they are guys more likely to relpace Cloke than Wright.

This is why I wanted Garlett allot so we could allow Elliott to play in the midfield.

I agree. I remember watching a game this year where he was playing up in the midfield for a few minutes and he looked very lost and turned the ball over with poor decision making. Stay forward.
I don't see any point in restricting him completely, why stifle his development? Give him some midfield time and go from there. The amount of time he gets in the middle will depend on his performance and impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid only played a couple of games this year, plays his best football at CHB.
Reid is an intriguing question for 2015 on where Buckley wants to play him.

In 2014, Buckley repeatly stated that he wanted Reid as a forward next to Cloke. It was just unfortunate that he couldn't get on the park.

If Buckley hasn't waived in wanting Reid as a forward then I think Jake Lever is a big possibility for Collingwood to be picked at no. 5.

I dont think Lever's injury concerns would be an issue as the club picked Scharenberg last year. Especially if he was considered a top 3 talent before injury.

Mike, what about Shannon Taylor, he is a risk but he has first round talent and we can pick him up late in the draft or even as a rookie.
http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=699088

Shannon's results as an under-age player in the 2011 AFL National Draft combine are off the chart:
2nd in Standing Vertical Jump (cm) 76 cm
4th in Running Vertical Jump (cm) 88 cm
1st in the 20 m sprint 2.86 sec
3rd in agility run result 7.99 sec
5th in the repeat sprints 24.23 sec
http://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/testing-draft-results-2011.htm

They just have to get him fit and he will not cost us pick 5.

I officially give up.

Too hard to sort out through videos which show some great highlights.

They interviewed De Goey last night on 9.
Extremely well spoken lad, he is an East Malvern boy who went to St. Kevin's.
His dad played for Essendon and he commented one club in particular had shown a massive interest in Jordan after the trade week and draft picks were finalised.

Si, have we decided who we are picking at 5?
The Big Footy selection committee has so far decreed that Laverde, with 51.4% of the vote, will be picked.

A not so close second is Wright with 11.7%

I agree with what you say, but I would add the proviso that if we get Wright at pick 5, we need to get another mid at pick 30. If we get Laverde at pick 5, we should aim to get a tall forward at pick 30.

I agree. I hope we get Wright, he is an accurate kick which is what our side is lacking.

I agree. I hope we get Wright, he is an accurate kick which is what our side is lacking.

Yes but kicking for KPP isn't as important for kicking for midfielders and flankers. We need to pick up the latter with good kicking skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back