Votes: 101 29.0%
  • GWS

Votes: 220 63.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 27 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like GWS to win but not with a huge conviction.
That said if Richmond win I am also fine with that.

Would like if Matt de Boer ( Claremont connection ) got a medal.
Fremantle perennial whipping boy and a Ross Lyon castaway, that when coached well , was able to get the ultimate prize, that would be a befitting end for MdB.

TBH - What I really want is a good Grand Final with both sides still in it at the 20 minute mark of he last quarter.

Dreading a blow out by the Tigers and if that started to occur then I will switch the TV off, nothing against Richmond , more so the disappointment of watching a good close contest.

Out of interest, how did your parents come to support GWS?
Parents retired and purchased some land in the Snowy mountains and moved over there. They wanted their AFL fix so become Giants Canberra members and go to all their games in Canberra. This year they took the 11 home game option so they could go to a couple in Sydney aswell.

MCG on Grand Final day and 80% of the fans at the game will want the Tigers to win.
Australia wide I reckon 70% will want GWS to win.

Myself, I don’t mind the Tigers as they are a great team and play an exciting brand of footy but I will be barracking for GWS like most of Australia will be.

Always thought I’d hate to see GWS win but I think I’ve changed. Would be amusing to see the salty tears and melts if Tigers lost and the underwhelming premiership celebrations if GWS wins simply because no-one would give a toss except the 50 fans and AFL executives. Imagine seeing them raising the cup to an almost barren MCG.

Not just Tiger salt and melts, expect the Bulldogs board to go thermonuclear as well

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a GWS wins a Premiership, but they don't have any supporters to celebrate it, what is the point?

GWS have 30,000 members. They will celebrate it, just like the Bulldogs 35,000 members did in 2016.
Anyway, so last year when West Coast won the premiership was it only a fraction of the celebration, only
part of the significance of Richmond's premiership in 2017 because West Coast have less members
than Richmond. Was that the feeling across Perth at the time? That it was great to win, but really the
win lacked the point of Richmond's win a year earlier.

Richmond. I don't want the GIANTS to win a flag while they're still very much the AFL's pet project

As opposed to the AFL cash cow who get gifted a massive home ground advantage and stuff all travel by the AFL.

They are both teachers pets of the AFL.

Go Giants for me. Could not stand another 12 months of arrogant Tigers fans on here, once was enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants. I have literally never met a fan. It will be as if nobody won at all until next season starts. Peaceful

Why? They've done their time and got trampled by the afl more than necessary. Essendon took drugs and didn't cop it as bad. Their current supporters are far more humble than the arrogant supporters of the past. It's about time we saw them playing some good footy.

It's probably more the fact that you're actually a Carlton supporter, as shown by the 425 posts on the Carlton board vs 0 on the Gold Coast board.

Richmond. I don't want the GIANTS to win a flag while they're still very much the AFL's pet project
See it’s these comments that are just ridiculous. How are they a ‘pet project’? The AFL has invested in one of the largest growth regions in Australia to build a team in. It’s a national competition. It makes sense.

Sorry, but all teams start somewhere, and all teams you could call plastic if you wished. Hawthorn were once a ‘plastic team’ having entered the VFL in 1925. I mean why can’t people just get their heads around it?

Huge either way. Richmond have been brilliant for 3 years now. Bit like Geelong from 07-09. They’d be looking to add more silverware to really stamp themselves as a great side. Prior to 2017 they played finals twice since 1980, so I think the fact the supporters have stuck by them for 36 years prior to that recent flag is what it’s all about.

GWS are a really good side. Since 2016 they’ve been thereabouts. It’s great for football on a national scale and within NSW to have a successful outfit. It truly is a national competition and a Giants flag gives them some history and genuine relevance.

I’d be happy either way, but I think I’ll be going for the Giants.

GWS:

-Probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite team
-Have some money on them for the flag
-Like a lot of their players
-Love an underdog
-Would be good to see them win their first flag
-Non Vic side
-Don't like Richmond

Easy decision

See it’s these comments that are just ridiculous. How are they a ‘pet project’? The AFL has invested in one of the largest growth regions in Australia to build a team in. It’s a national competition. It makes sense.

You see Davey, to 'support' The GWS is actually to support the AFL. I am not a supporter of the AFL, I'm the opposite. I don't think we need to grow the game in areas where people are not interested in Australian Rules football. I don't care if noone in western Sydney watches AFL, that's their business. We shouldn't go forcing something down peoples throats who do not consent to it and are not interested in it. And now they have a chance to win a Premiership and literally nobody will celebrate it except for AFL executives. It's gong to be the most hollow, worthless flag ever won. The flag that Gil won.

Back