Opinion Who gets the snip? Keeffe, Mackie, Schade & McCarthy confirmed, see post #342

Remove this Banner Ad

I would. He's soft, unaccountable, slow and turns it over a lot by foot. A very overrated kick of the footy.

It's a shame he was injured this year.
Would've been good to get in a few of those 20-30 possession games off half back to push his trade value up to the Seedsman/Kennedy type of range.

Do you reckon we could just move his 2015 & 16 stats forward a season and convince a team to bite?

I think he still has value on a list, because play him in that specific role (loose off HB/wing with no defensive responsibility) and he actually looks pretty good. We know he struggles when the pressure was applied, but that doesn't mean he doesnt have a future at this level (just maybe not for a team like ours)

Listened to Hocking on our website when he was asked of expectations and one of the things he mentioned was that players need keep their locker area clean and tidy because he said, 'the standard you walk past is the standard you accept'. Clicked off thinking, 'What did he say?':huh:

Listened to Hocking on our website when he was asked of expectations and one of the things he mentioned was that players need keep their locker area clean and tidy because he said, 'the standard you walk past is the standard you accept'. Clicked off thinking, 'What did he say?':huh:
He's saying you are either a master of order or a victim of chaos

11cc244068121416b814df0fed34867e.jpg

I read it as standards should be high in every aspect. Take that as high expectations but club probably not going to come out saying finals, top 4 or any hard and fast outcome.

Someone on Nick's going ballistic over the same comment. Also some posts on Nicks in same thread re the standards Wayne Bennett required at Bris Broncos. IMO a neat, tidy locker room is not an imposition. Better than people leaving stuff everywhere and expecting someone else to pick it up. This is a general comment as I have no idea what Pies' locker room is like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read it as standards should be high in every aspect. Take that as high expectations but club probably not going to come out saying finals, top 4 or any hard and fast outcome.
Yeah I get that but not sure that is one of the things I would mention first media interview. Does he know that they don't?

Should've cut and rookied Sier IMO.

Real waste giving him a 1yr deal on the senior list when all indications are that he is incredibly far off senior footy taking into account his:

- age (not even 20 yet)
- conditioning and growing into his body
- persistent injuries
- midfield depth at Collingwood
- his lack of good form in VFL games over the last two years.

So why have him on the senior list for 1 yr if he is very unlikely to push for a senior game in that time...??

Giving him a (potential) 3 year rookie spot gives him time to mature and develop whilst not taking up a senior spot that could go to a young or recycled tall or other greater positional need.

List management at pies continues to baffle

Last edited:
Giving him a (potential) 3 year rookie spot gives him time to mature and develop whilst not taking up a senior spot that could go to a young or recycled tall or other greater positional need.

Considering the changes to the rules surrounding rookies following the new CBA which is they dont need to wait for injury to play, then there is no difference anymore between the two except for pay and contract lengths.

If we are honest Oxley Ramsay Mayne Blair Smith offer very little even as depth, the list management team have dropped the ball on this window, if there even is one

Yeah I get that but not sure that is one of the things I would mention first media interview. Does he know that they don't?

I have no idea other than statistically I'd imagine in a group of players that size there'd be some where it would be low priority. I see it a bit of a leaf out of MM's book (think Ox is slow but earth is patient) - give them something without giving them much and you can be perceived more favourably then a gruff 'We are keeping our expectations internal'

Real waste giving him a 1yr deal on the senior list when all indications are that he is incredibly far off senior footy taking into account his:

- age (not even 20 yet)
- conditioning and growing into his body
- persistent injuries
- midfield depth at Collingwood
- his lack of good form in VFL games over the last two years.

So why have him on the senior list for 1 yr if he is very unlikely to push for a senior game in that time...??

bolded - question is whether it's worth the risk that someone else take him in the draft (rookie or senior) ahead of us. If we see enough in him to persist another club could easily too, especially given his youth, size etc especially in light of Pippie27 response

Shane Warne disagrees with this

Someone on Nick's going ballistic over the same comment. Also some posts on Nicks in same thread re the standards Wayne Bennett required at Bris Broncos. IMO a neat, tidy locker room is not an imposition. Better than people leaving stuff everywhere and expecting someone else to pick it up. This is a general comment as I have no idea what Pies' locker room is like.
i reckon its a breach of their human rights

bolded - question is whether it's worth the risk that someone else take him in the draft (rookie or senior) ahead of us. If we see enough in him to persist another club could easily too, especially given his youth, size etc especially in light of Pippie27 response

Doubt another team would take him ahead of us.... played only a handful of TAC cup games in his draft year, was a shock selection by Collingwood, and has done nothing of note since.

Pies will have multiple rookie draft picks to snap him up with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back