Bateman

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2005
Alfred Cove
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle United, East Perth
I got told last night that Freo is very interested in Reece Covca.
Can someone supply some info as I don't know much about him?

who's this kirk Ugle guy or sometihng. Was in the paper today and said alot of clubs were after him?

Does his familly own Conca's in Vic Park there? Once upon a time the pizza there was pretty good, not anymore. :D

He sounds like another potential Schammer, going by the Conca thread in the draft section. :confused:

Was liking the sound of him earlier in the season from reading the paper, but I managed to find a vid of him at the u18's on youtube, and I reckon that's a pretty good assessment tbh.

Love Schammer, but I really don't want players who are poor by foot any more. Mora is about all i'll tolerate, and de boer at a pinch.

Going by that vid he looks to get to the contest easily enough, reads the play. Reminds me a bit of Barlow the way he moves around.

Who knows maybe he's one of these footy nous players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was liking the sound of him earlier in the season from reading the paper, but I managed to find a vid of him at the u18's on youtube, and I reckon that's a pretty good assessment tbh.

Love Schammer, but I really don't want players who are poor by foot any more. Mora is about all i'll tolerate, and de boer at a pinch.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/104426/default.aspx

The other two players to record perfect scores in kicking at the state and national combines were Perth midfielder Reece Conca and Port Adelaide Magpies small forward Terry Milera.

[YOUTUBE]YrNbmGzfeJ0[/YOUTUBE]

Check that vid out. A highlights vid obviously doesn't tell the full story, but his kicking there doesn't scream excellent to me at all. Some of his other stuff looked nice though.

Haven't seen much more than that, so if you've got some more video of him, by all means share the love.

As for the test, 5 kicks is a pretty small sample size, and receivers don't often stand still on the footy field.

As for the test, 5 kicks is a pretty small sample size, and receivers don't often stand still on the footy field.

too true - a test is only an indicator and not a very good one if it doesnt reflect game day performance, but noted the mention in the article and thought i'd post nonetheless!

[YOUTUBE]YrNbmGzfeJ0[/YOUTUBE]

Check that vid out. A highlights vid obviously doesn't tell the full story, but his kicking there doesn't scream excellent to me at all. Some of his other stuff looked nice though.

Haven't seen much more than that, so if you've got some more video of him, by all means share the love.

I totally agree, there is nothing there to be excited about in a game day situation. Kicking in a non match situation is one thing, being run down whist trying to hit a moving target 50 meters away is something else.

He certainly looks like he wants to give it everything which is commendable but it is certainly not something to look for with our first pick.

Isaac Smith is one who really impressed me in the latter part of the year in the VFL for North Ballarat. But I am not sure if he will make it to pick 20. Another runner who is Smith, who stands 186.6cm and weighs 75kg, was a standout performer in attack as the Vics won the title. Smith who has great skills and is quick as can be on Subiaco is very tempting!

I would love to get him with Pick 55 that we got back from those Dirty Pies and have Smith become a Star! Please God let Pick 55 become a legend at Fremantle!

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2010/10/20/3043298.htm
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/104082/default.aspx

I'd be very suprised if Smith doesn't make it to 20.
And who do you want at pick 55? It makes no sense.

I'd be very suprised if Smith doesn't make it to 20.
And who do you want at pick 55? It makes no sense.

I dont think that we shold get Conca with our first 2 picks. I am also stating that Smith will be a better player for Fremantle. It would be excellent if we can Pick up a Darling with our First pick (20) and that Smith is still around for the next.

The way that Freo was ROBBED with the Tarant trade (really we only got pick 55) I hope that we pick a player that will become a star and legend at Freo. I think that Smith may be that sort of player.

Hope that clears things up for you. :D:thumbsu:

I watched the footage of Darling on youtube and was not that impressed either, maybe he is a better player than that game. Maybe Conca is a better player than that game. I saw footage of Smith and he took the game by the scruff of the neck in a few places, but I dont know how consistent he is. By all accounts it seems Smith wouldn't last till 55

I watched the footage of Darling on youtube and was not that impressed either, maybe he is a better player than that game.

Yeah the 'highlights' videos seem to differ this year. The ones by 'theawards1' or something are pretty much of every disposal that player got in the game, rather than 'highlights'. Different to the ones we saw of Mora and Fyfe last year where the footage was just of them kicking goals and taking strong marks. I was looking through, the Jayden Pitt one looked especially poor, he probably just had a bad game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back