Prediction Who is Richmond's next Captain

Richmonds next Captain

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Dusty doesn't want it, JGTI is the obvious choice.
He captained South Australia at all levels from U15's and is easily in our best 22.

He's a year older than Cotchin was when he took over, has more big-game experience (thanks to our success) than Trent had at the same age, and the club is in a much better position off-field than it was back then.
We should be looking for a long term leader, not just a bloke to sit in the chair for 1-2 years max to hand it over to Graham then.

Give it to him now while Cotch and the boys are still there to offer support (even though I don't think he'll need it).

Watching our boys in the huddle before a game, Jack is always right in there urging the team on, supporting Trent. 2022 should be Riewoldt's crowning year.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd say he's a bit too old.

Anyone over 30 shouldn't be considered, otherwise Cotchin should have just stayed as the captain.

I changed my vote from Graham to Grimes.
I think Graham is still in development for his own game and has some areas he can focus on to take the next step, and sometimes the capataincy responsibility isn't great for a players own game, particularly one who still has some decent areas to work on.

For that reason I'm voting Grimes, and it's just a 2 year thing. This will give some extra time, age and experience for someone like Graham, Baker, or other early 20s player to come on a bit more ready.

I also think Nick Vlastuin being 27 would be another excellent choice, as he also fills both the shorter and longer term need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have NFI who’ll take over from Cotch. It will be interesting who actually wants to do it, a few names have a fair bit going on outside of the club and may think they don’t have the time 🤷‍♂️

We shall see.

The club and players will have a good idea of the leaders. Not sure how Lambert’s body is holding up but may be a Smokey?
Lids just said Kane Lambert and i think in an interview some of his team mates called him the ultimate Richmond Man

vlaustin captain would be like putting me as captain. bloke is a mental campaigner

i reckon grimes captain if they want an interim captain otherwise straight onto graham captain with dusty/nank as VC's

Haven't seen Graham rise the occasion in games. defo vice captain material cause aparaently the lads really admire him.

But maybe this is what he needs to take the next step

Cotchin was the consensus amongst the players, so I guess and hope his successor would be similarly appointed.
The popular choice in the group.
In terms of age, probably someone about 26 would be ideal.
In terms of elder statesmen and their roles, hope Shedsy retires at the end of next year.

Its all down to the hair really. Our best leadership calls have been hair driven. #culture

So it's Chol then?

Chol with the bleached streak would be in with a shot, if he was staying. Ralphsmith just unlucky his too young atm. Soldo the smokey.#moleadership

Should be obvious. There's only one where you walk into any barber and ask for it by name - gimme the Dusty

dusty.jpg

Feel like Graham has some more growing in his game and I think Vlastuin is too much of a loose unit - I'd go Grimes or Lambert (defensive gut running is such a good captain trait and character wise he's off the charts) for 2-3 years.

Back