Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

New fav player. All the ability of Daisy Thomas just with a hyphenated surname.
And not a flog.

That’s the important bit :)

Did anyone listen to him on Triple M yesterday? He mentioned in his final year at the Giants when he was going to move elsewhere, Collingwood got involved in in the picture late but it was Carlton who were the most interested before that. lol.
Never underestimate the sheer laziness of SOS.

The lazy sod just sniffs GWS off chops.

And still too lazy to complete good trading.

Thank you for confirming that Johnny Holmes
That’s a player I’m not familiar with?

What position does he play?

And what team does he play for?

That’s a player I’m not familiar with?

What position does he play?

And what team does he play for?

Played in the 70's,

racked up big tackle stats

liked to unload from a long way out but was notoriously inaccurate, often spraying them across the face of the goal.

Played in the 70's,

racked up big tackle stats

liked to unload from a long way out but was notoriously inaccurate, often spraying them across the face of the goal.
Touche

Obviously he's a fair way off to this point in his career.
But his best moments make him look capable of being A+ elite.

Much improved, I feel he is still playing at only 2/3 of his potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes, another near miss! The mind boggles.

But on WHE, he is performing in his own ballet out there. Elegant, graceful, poised, efficient.

A poster earlier on (with tongue in cheek?) suggested that he might consider laying more tackles on the opposition. A fair point, and if I am reading his stats for 2018 correctly (see here) his tackle count is down on last year. To date, he has laid 26 tackles, while last year he laid 70 for the season.

Is that a problem? Or is that indicative of the more effective and highly functioning forward set up? Manic forward pressure versus cleaner delivery into the forward line and guys like WHE having the space and support to mark and goal?
Last year he played more on the wing so had more opportunity to tackle. I think his possession stat is down as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back