Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

WHE has always been an incredibly important player, who is unfairly maligned by supporters.

Can be used back, wing or forward.

His strong aerial presence, speed and endurance plus clean disposal is a weapon all over the ground.

Personally I think he is great as a high half forward, the 2018 style role. He can work up the wing as an outlet kick, but also works back strong into F50 and then is a dangerous marking option.

WHE, Billy, Schultz, McReery and Bobby are a great group surrounding Mihocek and Cox up forward.

In 2018, he kicked 42 goals in an almost premiership year. I know Fly uses him as a spare parts player, but with his tank and aerial ability might be a good forward option until McStay returns.
2018 was WHE best season. He actually rotated out of the goal square with Stephenson and De Goey. Towards the second half of year De Goey became dominant in that position and WHE got a lot less time at FF.

Personally I think that was his best position. He was a very good lead and mark and probably the best kick for goal.

I would drop McInnes and replace him with Harrison as sub and play WHE out of the goal square.

I love this man
Watching the replay now, he’s just one of us out on the field, barracking lol
Watch how many times his arms fly up celebrating a mark or goal. A pies nuffie, always! Even when you become a player.
Actually Nick does it too lol
You and me, both! I'm a huge WHE fan. He is always 'there'. He provides gut-running like no other. The number of times he presents to provide an outlet for others in the dying minutes of a game is just phenominal. Couple that with his aerial ability and sure-footedness and you couldn't ask any more.

You and me, both! I'm a huge WHE fan. He is always 'there'. He provides gut-running like no other. The number of times he presents to provide an outlet for others in the dying minutes of a game is just phenominal. Couple that with his aerial ability and sure-footedness and you couldn't ask any more.
Absolutely! He is just always there where you need him in those clutch games! It's not an accident that he finds himself in the right places

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best game of his career
i watched these highlights of 2-dads before we recruited him & thought wow-Willy-wee, how good can he be?

he played some blinders at GWS - albeit bit streaky - before crossing to us.

he's been superb value for a 2nd rounder

has always had v.high end talent, especially aerially.

arguably could have been an absolute star up forward.

i watched these highlights of 2-dads before we recruited him & thought wow-Willy-wee, how good can he be?

he played some blinders at GWS - albeit bit streaky - before crossing to us.

he's been superb value for a 2nd rounder

has always had v.high end talent, especially aerially.

arguably could have been an absolute star up forward.

Just reinforces a known truth.

Everybody looks better in Black & White....

I've always had a soft spot for Hoskin-Elliot. He cops a lot from supporters but he's always been an important and versatile player. After his good performance up forward against Port, maybe he could play in the forward line until we get more options?

I've always had a soft spot for Hoskin-Elliot. He cops a lot from supporters but he's always been an important and versatile player. After his good performance up forward against Port, maybe he could play in the forward line until we get more options?
Fly's nickname for him 'Swiss army knife' is perfect for Wilba. Can do whatever is asked of him without any fuss. One of the first players picked each week, I reckon.

He’s always been pretty good and worthy of a best 22 spot as a player.

He won’t always do all of the things he did on Saturday but regardless he always plays his role well and does a lot of thankless work that goes unnoticed.

I was really glad when he got to collect a premiership medal last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back