World Cup Day 27 England v Australia @ Lords

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not convinced either but it’s too late to change

Disagree this is the perfect time to bring back a S marsh into the middle order for Usman. We are in the finals and our middle order is struggling

We brought in Lyon after playing no cricket and the Dorff has only played one game since last night....the both performed

Why wouldnt you try to make the team stronger before the finals ??

For me Smith has to bat three...that leaves usman batting 4 which he is not suited to ..IMO S marsh is a better player for the team than Usman in the middle order

Australia's fielding was the best so far this tournament. Can defend gettable scores with nonchalance with that fielding effort.

Something us Aussies have always held in high regard and Bobby Simpson installed a massive amount of time into fielding and catching which thankfully has carried over to the present day coaches.

You drop catches and give away easy runs at this level it is very hard to compete.

I remember an interview with Tubby Taylor after Simpson took control of the team in 1986 when we were in turmoil and Taylor use to say how much importance Simpson always put on fielding and if you were at training and dropped a routine catch you could back it in he was keeping you on the track until you held at least 20 of the same catches without fail that you just dropped.

England showing how much they really miss Roy right now. They're in a pressure cooker now. Will probably have to bat first in the knock out matches if they want to win it all.

Roy wasn't even in their team until Hales ****ed up.

As I said at the start of the tournament it is their bowlers that suck. They have a huge advantage in Buttler and Stokes but then pick Ali and Woakes who are useless. Bowling Woakes for seven overs or whatever with the new ball and Stokes not bowling more than a 1 over spell until the 29th over cost them the match last night.

Last edited:
Worst types of fans. Sits silent and waits for them to stumble before potting them and blaming everything on the coach. If we lose WC and Ashes, itll never be because we weren't good enough or England simply better, it will be Langer's fault.

Yep, we all have different opinions.

Even if he said "I don't rate Langer and don't think he's the right man for the job, but he's
got them playing some good cricket at the moment" he might get some credibility.

But he just waits for a mistake and then rolls out his stock standard reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roy wasn't even in their team until Hales ****** up.

As I said at the start of the tournament it is their bowlers that suck. They have a huge advantage in Buttler and Stokes but then pick Ali and Woakes who are useless. Bowling Woakes for seven overs or whatever with the new ball and Stokes not bowling a spell until the 29th over cost them the match last night.
Shhhhhhh.

Disagree this is the perfect time to bring back a S marsh into the middle order for Usman. We are in the finals and our middle order is struggling

We brought in Lyon after playing no cricket and the Dorff has only played one game since last night....the both performed

Why wouldnt you try to make the team stronger before the finals ??

For me Smith has to bat three...that leaves usman batting 4 which he is not suited to ..IMO S marsh is a better player for the team than Usman in the middle order
Didn’t Usman score 89 off 72 one game ago?

Genuine Questions- What has Marsh done lately? Has he actually got any form now?
Hard to gauge exactly because he missed part of the Indian series for the arrival of his baby; scored two half centuries against Pakistan. But his 2018-19 record was 650 runs at an average of 51 at a strike rate of 87. Also scored two hundreds in England last year. And is a little more versatile than Khawaja (a little),

Something us Aussies have always held in high regard and Bobby Simpson installed a massive amount of time into fielding and catching which thankfully has carried over to the present day coaches.

You drop catches and give away easy runs at this level it is very hard to compete.

I remember an interview with Tubby Taylor after Simpson took control of the team in 1986 when we were in turmoil and Taylor use to say how much importance Simpson always put on fielding and if you were at training and dropped a routine catch you could back it in he was keeping you on the track until you held at least 20 of the same catches without fail that you just dropped.

For those who never saw him, Bobby Simpson is possibly the best slipper I've ever seen. I remember him taking catches behind him, he was so sharp. Only fielder to rival him would be Mark Waugh. Simpson (along with Lawry) was also the master of the quick single, and running between wickets in general.

According to dobell the icc aren't actually having anything to do with the decks and that the English curators are trying to make belters but the used tracks and weather have thwarted them.

Weather has been perfect for 'English conditions' wickets. Can't do much to make belters with this level of humidity and the rain. It's unreal.

Back