• Sydney 2014

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • GWS 2019

Votes: 208 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 30 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe not the worst, but Geelong vs Carlton 95 was a big disappointment because both teams had previously lost Grand Finals in 93 and 94 and the expectation, both being hardened finals teams, was that both teams seeking redemption from previous years would fight it out to the death.

Last edited:
Surprised St Kilda in the 2010 replay wasn't an option.

Given the options in the poll, Port Adelaide by far.

Port finished second in 2007, no one expected them to be that bad.

At least with GWS you can point to the fact they finished sixth, slogged through three finals (two very close), so just making the GF was a good effort.

Maybe not the worst, but Geelong vs Carlton 95 was a big disappointment because both teams had previously lost Grand Finals in 93 and 94 and the expectation, both being hardened finals teams, was that both teams seeking redemption from previous years would fight it out to the death.

That's some odd revisionism. The expectation was the 20/2 team would steamroll the other one.

That's some odd revisionism. The expectation was the 20/2 team would steamroll the other one.

Plus when they played only once in the home and away season at Princess Park the margin was 3 points in a high scoring game and Geelong had won their two lead up finals by 80 plus points.

Plus when they played only once in the home and away season at Princess Park the margin was 3 points in a high scoring game and Geelong had won their two lead up finals by 80 plus points.

Fair enough. I just remember at the time 20/2 was the most dominant season ever and everyone deep down expected a comfortable Carlton win, but was hoping it was close. 1994 was similar but i somehow had more hope that year that Geelong would take it up to WCE

freo 2013 deserves a mention..1 goal till half time
fortunately games are Judged by 4 quarters, not by 2.

Freo kicked 1.6 at half time. So did GWS in the 2019 Grand final. Both teams could of easily kicked 3-4 goals by half time and offer some hope.

Freo kicked 5 goals in that 3rd quarter. Freo lost 8,14,62 to the hawks 11.11.77.

Wasn't the greatest grand final but it was only watchable only because it was close. Freo in 2013 didnt give up and fought to the end with all their spud players.

GWS didnt give a stuff by 3 quarter time.

Giants the worst for me - across four quarters, they truly only looked remotely competent for about 5-10 minutes in the first quarter where they extracted a Cameron goal. Dusty kicked one down the other end and Rioli followed and it was curtains. Players build reputations in grand finals and many of their players let themselves down big time.

Port behind by a decimal, because that Geelong side is in my opinion the best in the last 30 years - a truly generational team who played champagne footy.

West Coast 2015 the next in my time of viewing (15 years?) - the margin doesn't do Hawthorn enough justice, who could have won by 80 if they wanted to. Just a limp performance by West Coast who never looked on at any point - sure they had a run on in the third to get within earshot but realistically they were never really in it.

One of the all-time greatest bed sh*ts from the Giants today. Not sure even a fully fit Davis (and Coniglio) would have made a difference. Embarrassing to watch such a one-sided GF. Boring stuff for most neutrals as well.

Wasn’t boring for me. I switched off 5 minutes into the second quarter and watched a documentary on the Spanish flu.

I think GWS 2019. As big a beating as Port copped in 07 I didn't see them turn the footy over as much.

I genuinely expected a tight game this year, GWS didn't fire a shot

Geelong 2007 won the Qualifying Final against North Melbourne by 106 points. The magnitude and margin of the loss was eyebrow-raising, but it was no surprise that Port Adelaide got smashed.

The way GWS got thrashed did stun me though. Since that first goal they scored the score line is 111-17. It’s their lowest score ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne 2000 was ordinary but we came up against a stronger team plus GWS have a better team in comparison to that Melbourne side.

The travel and fatigue simply got them in the end while Richmond were bang on yesterday.

Actually I think GWS is the most understandable on that list. Port at least beat Geelong (missing players but still...) in Geelong a month earlier and were essentially witches hats in the GF.

Sydney and Collingwood were firm favourites but came across champion teams. Hawthorn produced their magnum opus against Sydney in 2014 and broke the Swans early whereas Collingwood faced an undermanned and injured Brisbane but were overwhelmed by grit and a legendary team with a point to prove.

GWS were extremely fortunate to even make the Grand Final. Lucky escapes against Collingwood and Brisbane made people believe they were better than they actually were but, in truth, they were never in Richmond's league to begin with and once Richmond started reaching the true heights of their potential as they did today it was always going to be a truly one sided contest.

So for mine:

1. Port
2. Sydney
3. Collingwood
4. GWS

Was mentioned earlier, but the pressure on the tiger ball carrier was at H&A levels in the first 10 min of the game. GWS woke up a bit after that. They were either very tired or overwhelmed by the occasion.

Only WCE would have likely stood up to Richmond today. Collingwood might have been brave.

Hawthorn 2014 would have flattened the Tigers today. Sydney 2014 just had the misfortune of running into a red hot opponent and flinching horribly.
Collingwood is the only one. West Coast would have been demolished

I wonder how many actual footy fans post here. Most of this lot just revel in posting nasty little snide posts about everything BUT relevant footy stuff. Can't just let Richmond have the deserved win, they have to humiliate GWS and their supporters too. Classy stuff

Back