WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a cancelled practice match this weekend because of floods in Yarrawonga, Yarraville/Seddon FC are looking for a practice match next Thursday night 8th March. ( we have no ground avaiable, so would need to play at your ground ) PM me if interseted :thumbsu:

A new Spotswood recruit that may be worth watching is 6'5" Ben Perry. Ben joins the Woodsmen from Ainslie FC in the A.C.T. He has an amazing leap and sure hands which he put to good use playing a short stint in U.S. College basketball. Joining a club like Spotswood with the support they give younger players should enable Ben to further develop his already impressive skills.
Like I said, definitely one to keep an eye on.
;)

A new Spotswood recruit that may be worth watching is 6'5" Ben Perry. Ben joins the Woodsmen from Ainslie FC in the A.C.T. He has an amazing leap and sure hands which he put to good use playing a short stint in U.S. College basketball. Joining a club like Spotswood with the support they give younger players should enable Ben to further develop his already impressive skills.
Like I said, definitely one to keep an eye on. ;)

Great insight yearofthecat, will certainly keep an eye on him during the Champions Cup.

Will compliment Jason Cloke nicely by the sound of things!

Its all very quiet on here.. has anyone else heard the rumblings about the money man at Deer Park?? I have now heard it from 2 seperate sources that the money may dry up quicker than origianally anticipated.

Another thing that I have noticed there are a few senior grade clubs struggling to field Under 18's being Albion and Deer Park and not sure if Port Colts will have Udner 18's againthis season.. The interesting thing is that when the money does dry up these are the kids your club falls back on..

Its all very quiet on here.. has anyone else heard the rumblings about the money man at Deer Park?? I have now heard it from 2 seperate sources that the money may dry up quicker than origianally anticipated.

Another thing that I have noticed there are a few senior grade clubs struggling to field Under 18's being Albion and Deer Park and not sure if Port Colts will have Udner 18's againthis season.. The interesting thing is that when the money does dry up these are the kids your club falls back on..

Albion will field an under 18's side this year:thumbsu:

Have heard similar talks about thr under 18 comp
Hoppers and Altona the only ones certain of filling, StAlbans will, but only one side, Spotty struggling for numbers, Albion should but could fall over early in the season, Sunshine will, Heights are questionable, North probably not and same for Deer Park, Colts won't
Will be interesting if rumor is correct that from 2013 to be eligable for Div 1 seniors you must have under 18's???
Even Lavo might find themsves up in Div 1

Have heard similar talks about thr under 18 comp
Hoppers and Altona the only ones certain of filling, StAlbans will, but only one side, Spotty struggling for numbers, Albion should but could fall over early in the season, Sunshine will, Heights are questionable, North probably not and same for Deer Park, Colts won't
Will be interesting if rumor is correct that from 2013 to be eligable for Div 1 seniors you must have under 18's???
Even Lavo might find themsves up in Div 1

Have heard the same whisper from a number of angles. Ok the league want as strong an u18 comp as possible but to take such drastic action such as putting sides back to div 2 would surely create more harm than good to the leagues reputation -Tthe reality is the face of the WRFL is 1st div seniors, so to lessen the strength of this for the hopeful benifit of the u18s seems like huge overkill.

It isnt through lack of effort that clubs can't field a 3rds side (it's not like they dont want them), and those without strong juniors or without juniors at all would surely at least be looking at implementing a development plan for the future (such as starting with an u12's-14's and attempting to nurse them through to be the future u18s).

Have heard the same whisper from a number of angles. Ok the league want as strong an u18 comp as possible but to take such drastic action such as putting sides back to div 2 would surely create more harm than good to the leagues reputation -Tthe reality is the face of the WRFL is 1st div seniors, so to lessen the strength of this for the hopeful benifit of the u18s seems like huge overkill.

It isnt through lack of effort that clubs can't field a 3rds side (it's not like they dont want them), and those without strong juniors or without juniors at all would surely at least be looking at implementing a development plan for the future (such as starting with an u12's-14's and attempting to nurse them through to be the future u18s).

In the edfl you must have 18's to play div1.
I think it's something that needs to be implemented, though it should be done over a few years.
All clubs loose a lot of players players from 16's then again when they finish playing u/18's. Lifting it to under 19's is something the league could look at.

In the late 80's early 90's the Southern Football League (old South East Suburban) had a vey strong junior competition which fed through to a lot of clubs and kept them going. Beaumaris, Mt. Waverley, South Districts, Essex Heights, St.Kilda City and Port Colts until that fateful Grand Final against St.Kilda City. (First quarter went for about 50 minutes due to all of the disagreements that were occuring on and off the field).
The management of the SFL then decided to merge with the now defunct Churches competition and create what they thought would be a super competition with 5 Divisions. They scrapped their juniors because in their eyes they were taking up space.Hence the MSJFL became the major junior competition in the South Eastern suburbs. The Ammos were the big winners from this regimen.Within 5 years the SFL was on its knees. All of the Churches teams had folded or moved on, and only the smart SFL teams kept their juniors running through the MSJFL. The Southern League is now back on its feet with three Divisions and after an acrimonous battle with the AMMOS have also taken over some of the MSJFL;but they have stuggled to attract a viable Under 18/19 competition. I write this as a warning because the WRFL is heading down the same path. Money will eventually dry up and then you have no club or clubs will be forced to head down the path of the AMMOS where the toffs live in the 1950's and the private schools control the league and where clubs below C grade clubs are treated like welfare cases. You know that they don't pay players in the AMMO's.(Ofcourse they don't.)
The WRFL & Football Victoria had better get off their backsides and start to actively market the game in the West as Aussie Rules is losing a lot of ground to soccer.

It seems some clubs put more effort in then others when it comes to under 18's. Was told that Sunshine have got 2 new coaches - (1 being Terry Mc Garity) and a bunch of new players plus kids coming through from under 16's.

Have heard that Deer Park wont have them at all, which is a suprise as i think they need to be pooling some resources and using it to encourage kids in the area to play, but I guess right now the kids coming out of Under 18's haev already been told they wont get a game cause of the amount of new players at the club, so maybe that coudl be the problem..

it use to be the rule in the FDFL when it was under 17's, that you have to have this side to field seniors. It was when a change of management came through that saw these rules change to reflect other leagues.

It seems some clubs put more effort in then others when it comes to under 18's. Was told that Sunshine have got 2 new coaches - (1 being Terry Mc Garity) and a bunch of new players plus kids coming through from under 16's.

Have heard that Deer Park wont have them at all, which is a suprise as i think they need to be pooling some resources and using it to encourage kids in the area to play, but I guess right now the kids coming out of Under 18's haev already been told they wont get a game cause of the amount of new players at the club, so maybe that coudl be the problem..

it use to be the rule in the FDFL when it was under 17's, that you have to have this side to field seniors. It was when a change of management came through that saw these rules change to reflect other leagues.

Interesting, my understanding of the rules & regulations of the WRFL is that a Coach of a team could not be an Executive Board member of the WRFL, possible conflict !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the edfl you must have 18's to play div1.
I think it's something that needs to be implemented, though it should be done over a few years.
All clubs loose a lot of players players from 16's then again when they finish playing u/18's. Lifting it to under 19's is something the league could look at.
Not true Rock. Glenroy didnt have an under 18s in 2009 but they fielded seniors and reserves. so no such rule in EDFL

Not true Rock. Glenroy didnt have an under 18s in 2009 but they fielded seniors and reserves. so no such rule in EDFL
Very true Full Forward. In fact it extends down through all the junior grades. Each team must field from seniors to U10's. Part of the constitution. At times teams have failed to field teams in age groups, as did Glenroy, but they are fined.

i dunno about the money man.......get this though deer park got a 1.6 mill bonus left to the club by a club legend when he passed away.......only to be used when the club was in 1st division........

big bad bazza trained wed night........:eek:

he was ff at 1 end and condos ff at the other end in a intra club praccy match.........

Thoughts on the following.

Colts - $2:40
Spotty - $3:80
Deer Park - $6:50
Hoppers - $23:00
Daylight
North Footscray - $72:00
Albion - $123:00

Reasons

Colts - with the likes of Urch, Gardiner, Lindsay, Brannan, Evans, Sutcliffe and Witmmer added they'll be hard to toss!
Spotty - defending champs and with McGhie and the monster from Ainsley added.
Deer Park - already strong list and included Stewart, Henderson, Biggs and Jones among others so they'll be super competitive.
Hoppers - lost a few however Ramsay will be a star and Kade is one of the best local footballers when fit and firing.

My Opinion:

Spotswood $2.80
Port Colts $3.40
Altona $4.50
Sunshine $8.00
Deer Park $15.00
St Albans $18.00
Hoppers $18.00
Albion ?
Nth Foots ?
Suns Heights ?

Only early but Spotty deserve to be favourites, Colts will have the best forward line, and Puff Puff left out Perkins, Deer Park strong recruits including Foley but it is a massive jump and may lack depth, Altona will improve again.

Thoughts on the following.

Colts - $2:40
Spotty - $3:80
Deer Park - $6:50
Hoppers - $23:00
Daylight
North Footscray - $72:00
Albion - $123:00

Reasons

Colts - with the likes of Urch, Gardiner, Lindsay, Brannan, Evans, Sutcliffe and Witmmer added they'll be hard to toss!
Spotty - defending champs and with McGhie and the monster from Ainsley added.
Deer Park - already strong list and included Stewart, Henderson, Biggs and Jones among others so they'll be super competitive.
Hoppers - lost a few however Ramsay will be a star and Kade is one of the best local footballers when fit and firing.

I will take each-way the DAYLIGHT odds on Altona

Hey Table Tennis, You really hate Hoppers dont you, Whats the Issue.

Come down to Lara on Saturday and have a look and then make a judgement. Instead of continually bagging the club on every post you submit.

From a young age i was taught to hate hoppers, but all my mail has been correct, like a mass walk out at the end of last season, and my mail this year tells me 15 average on the track at training, with kade Carey and Ramsey barely seen at the joint, with Carey leaving the track when he feels like.

Lots of good people been poorly treated at hoppers, friends and aquitances of mine, and it seems like poor blokes get treated well

From a young age i was taught to hate hoppers, but all my mail has been correct, like a mass walk out at the end of last season, and my mail this year tells me 15 average on the track at training, with kade Carey and Ramsey barely seen at the joint, with Carey leaving the track when he feels like.

Lots of good people been poorly treated at hoppers, friends and aquitances of mine, and it seems like poor blokes get treated well

Acquaintances?? I'm sure those that are your mates would be highly supportive of your comments pal, but by all means pop down tonight if you like and see things for your self.. Unless my eyes are misleading me I actually can't remember a night we've had less than 30!

Kades character should never be questioned nor Ramas, both have been training and Kade has already left his mark on the group with his leadership. Let's just wait till we're a few games in hey, we've got Altona rd 2 so well see exactly where we are at then.

I agree with you to a degree, since Michael Frost departed due to work committments, the Senior portion of the club has had little or no guidance. The under18's have been enormous and should win the flag again, 60 to 65 kids to choose from.

The Reserves have been solid and should have won the Flag last year but no use crying over spilt milk. The Seniors are a worry !

I hope things change this year, we have lost a fair bit of experience this year but hopefully the U18's coming thru will consolidate the future for this club. I think you will see alot of them getting games in the seniors throughout the year. I beleive we will play finals for the first time in 3 years and hope we can do a bit of damage.

Carey, Ramsay & Riosa have been welcomed with open arms, all 3 can play. The 2 from Queensland Knight and Wilson went away for the boot camp and are in peak fitness as they have been training hard in Queensland. there have been about 40 on the track on a regular basis and not 15, so your source doesnt know what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back