WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't possibly, surely? The League will be bringing Point Cook into Div 2, and Glenorden most likely into Div 3, with all relegation and delegation in play, except either West Footscray to stay in D2, or Tarneit to go up as well as Pakside, should see Div 1 with 10 Teams, Div 2 with 8 Teams, and Div 3 with 8 Teams
That makes sense Coach so it will not happen

As Nevill Bartos said to Chooper ( there is no cash cash no lol) Turbo
Unfortunately that is 100% spot on.. Norf will struggle to pay what's owed for this season, let alone ramp up the spend to compete in Div 1.. Norf have no intention of going up and frankly I don't blame them as they will be uncompetitive... I've said it for 10 years , $$$ has killed local footy and if you don't have it you're no good

You shouldn't have an option you win the flag you go up, you finish last you come down.

If you wont go up then you shouldn't be eligible for finals. Go up take your beatings and come back down, teams did it for decades. Glenorden went up and didn't win a game BUT they went up.

You shouldn't have an option you win the flag you go up, you finish last you come down.

If you wont go up then you shouldn't be eligible for finals. Go up take your beatings and come back down, teams did it for decades. Glenorden went up and didn't win a game BUT they went up.
But the rule(Parkside) is if it's going to be too much strain for a club to go up they shouldn't have too

But the rule(Parkside) is if it's going to be too much strain for a club to go up they shouldn't have too

No such rule exists

Parkside threatened to go to the EDFL so they bowed down to them.

If it going to be too much statins don't spend 90k to win div 2. Spend 40k and be competitive.

I agree money is an issues but don't spend close to full cap in div 2 if you won't and can't go up

No such rule exists

If it going to be too much statins don't spend 90k to win div 2. Spend 40k and be competitive.

I agree money is an issues but don't spend close to full cap in div 2 if you won't and can't go up

But if they didn't spend 90k they wouldn't have won the Flag.

If we are truly Honest Footy is about 1 thing WINNING , the rest of it comes a distant 2nd, things like Culture, development ect. ect... So anytime a club thinks they have a whiff of a chance to win a flag they will do whatever it takes to win one that season, and leave the worry for next year when that comes around...

If we are truly Honest Footy is about 1 thing WINNING , the rest of it comes a distant 2nd, things like Culture, development ect. ect... So anytime a club thinks they have a whiff of a chance to win a flag they will do whatever it takes to win one that season, and leave the worry for next year when that comes around...

Yeah generally like rats off a sinking ship

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then that needs to change and will if teams know they HAVE to go up no option

No such rule exists

Who spent 90 k.....North never spent anything near this figure.....honestly most who write this rubbish on what we spend wouldn't have a clue. We did our time 4 years ago in div 1 and never won a game.........just to be competitive in div 1 you need to spend 150 k plus and we don't have that sort of money

Last edited:
Who spent 90 k.....North never spent anything near this figure.....honestly most who write this rubbish on what we spend wouldn't have a clue. We did our time 4 years ago in div 1 and never won a game.........just to be competitive in div 1 you need to spend 150 k plus and we don't have that sort of money

Ando, heard a few blokes interviewed on the radio on sunday, a few retirements? On top of that hearing Kater overseas?

So you have to replace those guys too, tipping that wont be cheap nor easy.

And if they don't turbo will there be a out cry like darkside situation
If they come down to division 3, yes there will. But that won't happen because they are not Parkside.

Hey Jerry, agree the league has set some standards now (the Parkside rule) and I guess every club has the right to go down if they wish. Don't think North will take that road but appear to be staying in div2.
Personally I understand there situation but don't agree with it. If they happen to stay in div2 and play finals again it will become a big joke.. Imagine if they happen to win it again next season!! Oh my this league will become a bigger laughing joke than it already is..

If a side decides to stay down they shouldn't be allowed to participate in finals that year..That way they will have trouble fielding a strong side.. only my opinion.

Whats everyone's views??

Hey Jerry, agree the league has set some standards now (the Parkside rule) and I guess every club has the right to go down if they wish. Don't think North will take that road but appear to be staying in div2.
Personally I understand there situation but don't agree with it. If they happen to stay in div2 and play finals again it will become a big joke.. Imagine if they happen to win it again next season!! Oh my this league will become a bigger laughing joke than it already is..

If a side decides to stay down they shouldn't be allowed to participate in finals that year..That way they will have trouble fielding a strong side.. only my opinion.

Whats everyone's views??
Fully agree, while we all want to win finals, and remain competitive, the reality of football is that we will all go through boom and bust times, that is the nature of the beast. Go up when the chance presents, if you aren't competitive, you come back down the next year. But what is wrong with trying to find new players who want to help you be competitive at the next level up? Just because a group of players want to leave because they don't want to play up a level, doesn't mean a club should concern themselves with that type of thinking. A club should always try to be the best it can be, and develop your players, by playing them against the best opposition you can. Just my 2 cents worth.

Fully agree, while we all want to win finals, and remain competitive, the reality of football is that we will all go through boom and bust times, that is the nature of the beast. Go up when the chance presents, if you aren't competitive, you come back down the next year. But what is wrong with trying to find new players who want to help you be competitive at the next level up? Just because a group of players want to leave because they don't want to play up a level, doesn't mean a club should concern themselves with that type of thinking. A club should always try to be the best it can be, and develop your players, by playing them against the best opposition you can. Just my 2 cents worth.
Yeah and let's all sit around the camp fire, hold hands singing Coom by yaah

Yeah and let's all sit around the camp fire, hold hands singing Coom by yaah

And it's people with that attitude why this league is stuffed.

You win the premiership you go up, you end on the bottom you go down, simple, everyone on the same playing field. If it means you win the premiership one year and the next you don't win a game and have to come down so be it.

The way it is going you'll end up with 6 teams in Div 1 and everyone else fighting to go to Div 3 so they can win a flag

And it's people with that attitude why this league is stuffed.

You win the premiership you go up, you end on the bottom you go down, simple, everyone on the same playing field. If it means you win the premiership one year and the next you don't win a game and have to come down so be it.

The way it is going you'll end up with 6 teams in Div 1 and everyone else fighting to go to Div 3 so they can win a flag

Agree. But i have read Wyndhamvale want to stay up, I believe it's positive for div1 that they stay up as they can build on what they have done the last 2 seasons. Promotion and relegation is not easy. You will find there isn't a solution to making the transition easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back