WRFL Division 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I worked my ass off from 18-26 and no footy or cricket. A mate called me one day because they were short, i played and that totally changed my views on life in general. Totally agree with the above post. Some things are more important than the $$$.
Great friendships formed via sport can be so very helpful professionally and personally. This can not be underestimated especially in our current climate we are all in.

Last edited:
Last premiership was only 2014 and there was no promotion. What do you us to do, only count premierships in the last 12-24 months??

Fun fact: the premiership list doesn’t capture all Senior premierships won by the club otherwise the Brookers would have a lot more.

With due respect, the Premierships that matter are Division 1. According to the WRFL,
Spotswood 15 (last one 2011), Parkside 14 (last one 2003), Braybrook 12 (last one 1979).

I get your views however trying to make some coin before you start a family is also a piority so I think the landscape will definitely change. What if people are not working atm then they will need to recover some $$ and working on weekends might be the best option. It’s definitely an interesting one..
Turbo - If the individual chooses working on weekends instead of playing footy then that's their choice(no problem with that)… What I do have a problem with is the argument that reducing player payments is a bad thing because some players will choose not to play..
There are No Negatives from reducing Salary Caps, and don't give me any BS about the Standard will Drop...….

With due respect, the Premierships that matter are Division 1. According to the WRFL,
Spotswood 15 (last one 2011), Parkside 14 (last one 2003), Braybrook 12 (last one 1979).

Obviously Division 1 is more highly regarded than Division 3. Success is interpreted differently though and IMO a premiership is a premiership you can only beat who is front of you. Hopefully the Brookers get another premiership (or a few) in years to come.

When was Braybrook's last premiership, you can't count the one where the league split the comp half way through from 2 divs to 3, it was a Micky mouse Div 3 comp, in fact most Braybrook people see that year as a failure as they wanted to stay in Div 2 and have spent the last 6 years trying to recover.

Obviously Division 1 is more highly regarded than Division 3. Success is interpreted differently though and IMO a premiership is a premiership you can only beat who is front of you. Hopefully the Brookers get another premiership (or a few) in years to come.

I agree that a player should be extremely proud of a premiership in any grade/division - a great achievement (except perhaps Deer Park recently).
I was referring to a Clubs success. I feel that it should be measured on their record/premierships in the highest division of their competition (Div ! in the WRFL) and their junior programs.

Fair call, on AGrade. Spotty are indeed the leaders. But all up inc. juniors, I think we have it.

I agree that a player should be extremely proud of a premiership in any grade/division - a great achievement (except perhaps Deer Park recently).
I was referring to a Clubs success. I feel that it should be measured on their record/premierships in the highest division of their competition (Div ! in the WRFL) and their junior programs.
Why wouldn't I be proud to play in a DIVISION 1 premiership zinc cream you jealous

He’s talking about juniors across the last 146 years. Aside from Auskick and netball no juniors this year (if we were playing).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news to hear about the passing of Gav Taylor. Was a great footy person and a true gentleman and so sad to hear of his passing. Was always smiling and would talk to anyone about footy or anything else. He was heavily involved at Albion for the majority of his footy time but also spent time at Seddon (Coached 1998 B Grade premiership) and Nth Footscray.
RIP Big Gav and my condolences to the family and Albion FC.

Sad news to hear about the passing of Gav Taylor. Was a great footy person and a true gentleman and so sad to hear of his passing. Was always smiling and would talk to anyone about footy or anything else. He was heavily involved at Albion for the majority of his footy time but also spent time at Seddon (Coached 1998 B Grade premiership) and Nth Footscray.
RIP Big Gav and my condolences to the family and Albion FC.

That is sad, loved his footy and a big character. Also played VFA with Sunshine I think.

Looking at the Governments 3 stage plan, we really have little chance of a season. The only hope is Cricket agrees to start after Cup week and we can play until October. Really we might be able to get together in groups of 10 for non contact training, in a month increases to 20 still non contact, then a month later might be a bigger group with some contact, that would be mid July you can get your full team training together.

Would players and clubs be happy with just a 6-8 game, no finals, no match payments just to have a kick?

Looking at the Governments 3 stage plan, we really have little chance of a season. The only hope is Cricket agrees to start after Cup week and we can play until October. Really we might be able to get together in groups of 10 for non contact training, in a month increases to 20 still non contact, then a month later might be a bigger group with some contact, that would be mid July you can get your full team training together.

Would players and clubs be happy with just a 6-8 game, no finals, no match payments just to have a kick?

According to some of the people on bigfooty no money=no kick

What are the chances of local footy to be still going after a potential AFL GF?

NO Even if we play 6 to 8 games we will end up paying council fees league affiliation umpires insurance new footballs tape etc and you cant open the canteen and you really cant charge players fees specially if there not getting paid so on a pro rata your looking at 20 k....where will the money come from

Local cricket comps are already seriously considering there seasons which start in October. Doubtful we will see some footy this year.

NO Even if we play 6 to 8 games we will end up paying council fees league affiliation umpires insurance new footballs tape etc and you cant open the canteen and you really cant charge players fees specially if there not getting paid so on a pro rata your looking at 20 k....where will the money come from
Why couldn’t you charge players fees? They are using the clubs facilities and incurring costs to the club. Clubs aren’t charities as a general rule.

Why couldn’t you charge players fees? They are using the clubs facilities and incurring costs to the club. Clubs aren’t charities as a general rule.

Agree everyone should pay memberships and Club can be creative in fundraising. Clubs must play... it’s about participation this year. Get your club back on its feet. Players will understand - particularly Div 3 level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back